PDA

View Full Version : Party reboot?

Abbey Marie
01-13-2021, 10:54 AM
Should the Republican Party give itself a new name and accompanying image? Would a PR person suggest this?
It is done with companies and teams and products, why not a political party in a tailspin?
Or would this be seen as an admission of guilt or defeat?
Thoughts?

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 10:58 AM
Unless something changes, there will be two schisms, one led by Trump core supporters, if not Trump. That party will have to come to a conclusion about those of them that wanted to kill Pence and overturn an election. It wasn't all, wasn't most, but that part of the core is real.

fj1200
01-13-2021, 01:28 PM
I try to be positive and think that someone of rational mind will come along in 4 years and repudiate what was wrong about trump and acknowledge the conservative positions that helped the country. I really don't think, hope?, that there will be to many hard core folks who would spurn an actual conservative candidate.

PixieStix
01-13-2021, 05:26 PM
Nobody wanted to overturn the election except the left. It was stolen, period.

Biden is not President Elect, he is President installed.

Personally, I never saw anyone want to "kill Mike Pence." That was internet blather.

SassyLady
01-13-2021, 05:31 PM
Perhaps there will be a 4 party system by 2022. Both parties are imploding.

Mr. P
01-13-2021, 05:59 PM

That's what I'm thinking. The pub party seems pretty broken to me. FUBAR-ed

jimnyc
01-13-2021, 08:01 PM
Unless something changes, there will be two schisms, one led by Trump core supporters, if not Trump. That party will have to come to a conclusion about those of them that wanted to kill Pence and overturn an election. It wasn't all, wasn't most, but that part of the core is real.

I can only speak as one Trump supporter.

I did support him and I did follow him. I followed with some of his changes and others I simply didn't agree with. From the very beginning and throughout I knew the obvious, which was he would be around for 4-8 years max. At heart though, I'm a republican, a righty, a conservative & supporter of the constitution, not in that order. Not in that list is "Trump". He was the the president for me and that's it. I always knew that the COTUS needed to be supported at all costs. I am a conservative at the end of the day. And if Trump wasn't that conservative person some wanted, and if he didn't only uphold conservative ideals, that never made me not a conservative. And for now, so long as the republican party keeps their main agenda, and conservatism is still in there & importantly that they support the constitution - then I still think things work out and the republican party continues as is.

What's going to be difficult after all of this - is who will come out of all of this as the next possibilities? It can't and won't be Trump. It shouldn't be and can't be a Trump supporting copy, as it's going to take something new after all of this to be successful and break though, IMO. That answer, I obviously don't know yet.

That's no issue for me and folks I know and speak to would like to see that too. Some others I'm sure will like to see Trump part 2 come out of this, and that won't work, nor will even a copy of him. So will there be hard headed Trump supporters that won't support something more like a GWB part 2 or Reagan Part 2? Or what about the style of any of the last crop of candidates? Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio? Nope, not happening and they accepted and supported Trump. No one that really supported Trump is going to have a chance. Ben Carson would have been nice to see again, but he worked under Trump. Some decent folks eliminated via association. So likely gonna take either an outsider or a newbie to bring a new type of attention.

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 08:06 PM
I can only speak as one Trump supporter.

I did support him and I did follow him. I followed with some of his changes and others I simply didn't agree with. From the very beginning and throughout I knew the obvious, which was he would be around for 4-8 years max. At heart though, I'm a republican, a righty, a conservative & supporter of the constitution, not in that order. Not in that list is "Trump". He was the the president for me and that's it. I always knew that the COTUS needed to be supported at all costs. I am a conservative at the end of the day. And if Trump wasn't that conservative person some wanted, and if he didn't only uphold conservative ideals, that never made me not a conservative. And for now, so long as the republican party keeps their main agenda, and conservatism is still in there & importantly that they support the constitution - then I still think things work out and the republican party continues as is.

What's going to be difficult after all of this - is who will come out of all of this as the next possibilities? It can't and won't be Trump. It shouldn't be and can't be a Trump supporting copy, as it's going to take something new after all of this to be successful and break though, IMO. That answer, I obviously don't know yet.

That's no issue for me and folks I know and speak to would like to see that too. Some others I'm sure will like to see Trump part 2 come out of this, and that won't work, nor will even a copy of him. So will there be hard headed Trump supporters that won't support something more like a GWB part 2 or Reagan Part 2? Or what about the style of any of the last crop of candidates? Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio? Nope, not happening and they accepted and supported Trump. No one that really supported Trump is going to have a chance. Ben Carson would have been nice to see again, but he worked under Trump. Some decent folks eliminated via association. So likely gonna take either an outsider or a newbie to bring a new type of attention.

Only if the Republicans don't vote for them.

I think some are going to have problems for the past couple of months behaviors. Then again memories are short.

fj1200
01-13-2021, 08:49 PM
Nobody wanted to overturn the election except the left. It was stolen, period.

Biden is not President Elect, he is President installed.

Personally, I never saw anyone want to "kill Mike Pence." That was internet blather.

You honestly think the election was stolen? There's just no evidence for it.

That's what I'm thinking. The pub party seems pretty broken to me. FUBAR-ed

I don't think the system, as it is, supports more than two parties in reality. Any third party that gets any traction would just get absorbed. As long as electoral votes are won with a simple plurality most people would be throwing there vote away (Biden did not get 50%+1 in many of the swing states). I think a requirement of a runoff election when a majority is not won, for any federal office/electoral college, vote would encourage people to think outside of two parties with a chance to cast a final vote for one of the top 2.

Kathianne
01-14-2021, 01:10 AM
I've heard everything now. Seems Rudy Giuliani was on a radio show and said the Senate trial would let them show voter fraud. So maybe impeachment was a blessing? Of course if they keep that balloon flying and don't hold trial, it proves he won?