PDA

View Full Version : If Only We Could Have Had More Of This

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 03:31 PM
While I've always thought character does count, and it does; that doesn't necessarily equate with bad policies throughout or even in the main. Several of our worst presidents have also been some of the best. Nixon, Johnson are two that come to mind. I think Trump may be in this group:
https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2021/01/13/govt-union-pushing-biden-terminate-trump-appointee-four-years-early/

NightTrain
01-13-2021, 04:12 PM
The real reason the labor unions want these two gone is, as I said, obvious. They have worked diligently to implement Donald Trump’s reforms when it comes to government labor unions. They have vastly reduced the use of so-called “official time,” where union representatives spend their office hours working on union business instead of their SSA responsibilities, doing so on the taxpayer’s dime. They have also enacted reforms designed to make it easier to fire failing workers, along with those convicted of crimes. Under previous Democratic administrations, that was nearly impossible, even in cases where workers were found to be selling drugs out of their desk in the office.

My biggest heartburn with Unions. And I say that as a signatory and an IBEW Book 1 Journeyman. I've met some real useless shitheads over the years who were so utterly incompetent that no one - I mean, NO ONE - would allow them within reach of any project they were involved in. One General Foreman used to coerce female apprentices to ride around with him as he sexually harassed them & tried to get down their pants. I turned him in because she was too afraid to, but despite 4 different counts of this behavior, nothing was done because the Union backed him. Instead, on the 4th time, he was required to attend a sexual harassment class. This dirtbag was married with 6 kids at the time.

Incidentally, I was "laid off" when they found out who blew the whistle, but I wasn't sorry. It was a shitshow of a company and I'd been trying to get away from them - as an apprentice you don't get to decide where you work and you're not allowed to quit a company or you're washed out of the apprenticeship.

Anyway, back to the subject... while I agree that Trump didn't handle the last 2 months well and should have done better, I think despite the unprecedented opposition to him and 24/7 assault, he was a great President. I think many have lost sight of all the good his presidency did for America, and the world.

Just think of what could have been had he been given a fair shake. I'm not saying that he didn't bring a lot of animosity upon himself, because he did - but the democrat behavior toward him was definitely over the top and professionals should have found a way to work together. But leftist politicians who displayed any kind of professionalism were quickly attacked and ostracized by the Woke Mob and the other leftist politicians quickly followed suit.

Remember Diane Feinstein? She went from Hero to Zero in a heartbeat by playing nice with Linsey Graham during ACB's witch hunt, I mean confirmation.

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 04:18 PM
My biggest heartburn with Unions. And I say that as a signatory and an IBEW Book 1 Journeyman. I've met some real useless shitheads over the years who were so utterly incompetent that no one - I mean, NO ONE - would allow them within reach of any project they were involved in. One General Foreman used to coerce female apprentices to ride around with him as he sexually harassed them & tried to get down their pants. I turned him in because she was too afraid to, but despite 4 different counts of this behavior, nothing was done because the Union backed him. Instead, on the 4th time, he was required to attend a sexual harassment class. This dirtbag was married with 6 kids at the time.

Incidentally, I was "laid off" when they found out who blew the whistle, but I wasn't sorry. It was a shitshow of a company and I'd been trying to get away from them - as an apprentice you don't get to decide where you work and you're not allowed to quit a company or you're washed out of the apprenticeship.

Anyway, back to the subject... while I agree that Trump didn't handle the last 2 months well and should have done better, I think despite the unprecedented opposition to him and 24/7 assault, he was a great President. I think many have lost sight of all the good his presidency did for America, and the world.

Just think of what could have been had he been given a fair shake. I'm not saying that he didn't bring a lot of animosity upon himself, because he did - but the democrat behavior toward him was definitely over the top and professionals should have found a way to work together. But leftist politicians who displayed any kind of professionalism were quickly attacked and ostracized by the Woke Mob and the other leftist politicians quickly followed suit.

Remember Diane Feinstein? She went from Hero to Zero in a heartbeat by playing nice with Linsey Graham during ACB's witch hunt, I mean confirmation.

Won't get an argument from me regarding democrats behaviors, I just posted on that regarding SassyLady post.