PDA

View Full Version : This

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 04:22 PM
Seem right:

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/01/13/mcconnell-must-mull-legal-arguments-decide-impeachment/

NightTrain
01-13-2021, 04:44 PM
It's all theatre.

A week left of his presidency and an effort to impeach?

How, exactly, does one impeach a former president, anyway? He'll already be out of office, so removal is already a non starter.

Beyond the obvious petty attempt by Pelosi and Schumer to kick him while he's down, I'm wondering if this is strategic in getting Pence to be President for a couple of days thereby preventing him from running for president twice in the future?

Or is it because they fear his return in 2024 and this is the best way to ensure he won't run again?

Other than that far fetched theory, I can't see any benefit to this asinine play - other than vengeance.

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 04:52 PM
It's all theatre.

A week left of his presidency and an effort to impeach?

How, exactly, does one impeach a former president, anyway? He'll already be out of office, so removal is already a non starter.

Beyond the obvious petty attempt by Pelosi and Schumer to kick him while he's down, I'm wondering if this is strategic in getting Pence to be President for a couple of days thereby preventing him from running for president twice in the future?

Or is it because they fear his return in 2024 and this is the best way to ensure he won't run again?

Other than that far fetched theory, I can't see any benefit to this asinine play - other than vengeance.

Whether or not the senate can try post 1/20 seems to be debatable.

Personally I was looking more at McConnell trying to avoid both impeachment and crazy Trump behavior.

If Pence wanted a few days he could have gone with the 25th and pardon.

NightTrain
01-13-2021, 05:00 PM
Oh, here's the answer :

It's unclear whether Trump would be found guilty in the Senate. It would require the vote of two-thirds of the body. The most damning consequence for Trump would be being barred from running for president again in 2024, which could lessen his grip on the Republican Party and free up the GOP field for new leaders.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-impeaches-president-trump-second-time

Okay, now it all makes sense.

That also will explain the support of some GOP members.

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 05:03 PM
Oh, here's the answer :

Yeah, though I remember when dens were expecting Clinton to return for match up. I don't think I'll worry about Trump 2024 until it happens.

PixieStix
01-13-2021, 05:05 PM
Oh, here's the answer :

Exactly! There were millions of people asking President Trump to run again in 2024. The left had to step in and not allow this. I mean after all they are in control. They know he would win.

NightTrain
01-13-2021, 05:15 PM
Yeah, though I remember when dens were expecting Clinton to return for match up. I don't think I'll worry about Trump 2024 until it happens.

Exactly! There were millions of people asking President Trump to run again in 2024. The left had to step in and not allow this. I mean after all they are in control. They know he would win.

I'm pretty sure that Trump's political career was ended on Jan 6th. This is just a way for democrats to ensure that he's done.

Still, I think that getting 2/3 of the Senate to go along with this is an uphill battle at best. Murkowski, Sasser and Mittens will vote for it for sure, possibly Collins.

The good news is that Schumer will be focused on this shitshow instead of focusing on assisting the liberal nightmare headed our way.

jimnyc
01-13-2021, 07:39 PM
Oh, here's the answer :

I'm pretty sure that Trump's political career was ended on Jan 6th. This is just a way for democrats to ensure that he's done.

Still, I think that getting 2/3 of the Senate to go along with this is an uphill battle at best. Murkowski, Sasser and Mittens will vote for it for sure, possibly Collins.

The good news is that Schumer will be focused on this shitshow instead of focusing on assisting the liberal nightmare headed our way.

You beat me to it, and then you beat me to it again!!

Of course part of the goal is to eliminate him. Even on his way out, after all of that, he still had the power and was still a leader already for 2024. They want to eliminate that 4 years in advance.

And then next, you beat me to it, is I don't think it's needed. First off, I don't think it would have been a good idea to begin with. That aside, I think January the 6th eliminated him already. It killed 2024, it killed the rest of his presidency, it killed his reputation and his legacy... he's toast without the toaster being turned on.

But I don't see a conviction, and certainly not one by the 20th. But I do think they push for it nonetheless and they push for more republicans to get on board. I don't think it's as much about making him a pariah that is already now done I think, but to keep any chance of politics out of his future. :dunno:

And yeah, drawing the attention away from Joe and his first 100 days could be a double edge sword. No doubt focus will be on the shitshow and not elsewhere - but at the same time - may very well also be a good time to shove things through, when they have the numbers and all the worlds attention is elsewhere?

Kathianne
01-13-2021, 08:00 PM
You beat me to it, and then you beat me to it again!!

Of course part of the goal is to eliminate him. Even on his way out, after all of that, he still had the power and was still a leader already for 2024. They want to eliminate that 4 years in advance.

And then next, you beat me to it, is I don't think it's needed. First off, I don't think it would have been a good idea to begin with. That aside, I think January the 6th eliminated him already. It killed 2024, it killed the rest of his presidency, it killed his reputation and his legacy... he's toast without the toaster being turned on.

But I don't see a conviction, and certainly not one by the 20th. But I do think they push for it nonetheless and they push for more republicans to get on board. I don't think it's as much about making him a pariah that is already now done I think, but to keep any chance of politics out of his future. :dunno:

And yeah, drawing the attention away from Joe and his first 100 days could be a double edge sword. No doubt focus will be on the shitshow and not elsewhere - but at the same time - may very well also be a good time to shove things through, when they have the numbers and all the worlds attention is elsewhere?

I think if we're lucky they'll bring it up if the summer is slow, going into 2022. Once again they'll go too far.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2021, 09:06 PM
I think it’s strictly revenge. These folks have egos that don’t like to be shown up or challenged.