PDA

View Full Version : The future of the Republican Party

Abbey Marie
01-14-2021, 03:31 PM
Piggybacking on Jim’s response in the Republican Reboot thread, who do you see as a viable future candidate for the Rs?
Or, who would you like to see run, even if it’s too soon to see them as viable?

And what attributes do you think would make it more likely to get a win?
Solid Conservative, or MOR?
Female?
Black?
Something else?

fj1200
01-14-2021, 03:32 PM
Nikki Haley.

Of course I've now doomed her given my previous primary support for Forbes, (pre-whacked out) Giuliani, Sharpton (because I was voting in the local Dem primary anyway), Rubio?, etc. My POTUS losing streak is now at 4.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2021, 03:35 PM
Nikki Haley.

I like her. A lot.

fj1200
01-14-2021, 03:36 PM
I like her. A lot.

She didn't piss off trump and managed to keep some intellectual distance too. Two rare things nowadays.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2021, 03:36 PM
I have to look more into Candace Owens, too.

jimnyc
01-14-2021, 03:50 PM
I love Nikki! I think if my memory is good, while folks chose different candidates and Trump won out - there weren't many if any at all in the hate Haley camp. She's fairly well respected across the board.

I also love Candace Owens myself. She's a strong woman with strong opinions, but unfortunately she's also controversial.

I don't trust them overall, but a good synopsis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Owens

Abbey Marie
01-14-2021, 04:22 PM
I love Nikki! I think if my memory is good, while folks chose different candidates and Trump won out - there weren't many if any at all in the hate Haley camp. She's fairly well respected across the board.

I also love Candace Owens myself. She's a strong woman with strong opinions, but unfortunately she's also controversial.

I don't trust them overall, but a good synopsis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Owens

Hmm. Quite an abrupt transformation, and she may be too young anyway.
Also, a black person who criticizes BLM may not get many crossover votes.

jimnyc
01-14-2021, 04:28 PM
Hmm. Quite an abrupt transformation, and she may be too young anyway.
Also, a black person who criticizes BLM may not get many crossover votes.

A shame that any black person that dares question anything about today's black society - seems to get blackballed for such blasphemy. :rolleyes:

SassyLady
01-14-2021, 05:01 PM
Kristi Noem
Tulsi Gabbard

Kathianne
01-14-2021, 06:22 PM
A shame that any black person that dares question anything about today's black society - seems to get blackballed for such blasphemy. :rolleyes:
They're not really black.

Russ
01-14-2021, 08:12 PM
Nikki Haley.

Stole my answer.

Besides Nikki, I'd also like to see Marco Rubio run again.

Or how about Mike Pompeo?

Russ
01-14-2021, 08:15 PM
Kristi Noem
Tulsi Gabbard

I saw Kristi Noem speak once on some program and liked her.
I like Tulsi Gabbard's character, but very few of her policies. Plus there's that thing with her being a Democrat.

SassyLady
01-15-2021, 12:21 AM
I saw Kristi Noem speak once on some program and liked her.
I like Tulsi Gabbard's character, but very few of her policies. Plus there's that thing with her being a Democrat.

Agreed.

SassyLady
01-17-2021, 11:15 PM
2024 Republican female candidates.

Noem
Haley
Trump

Anyone else?

MtnBiker
01-18-2021, 11:29 AM
Nobody has mentioned Liz Cheney, foreign affairs experience, national security experience. She has worked for a White House administration.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not endorsing her. However there are those in the republican establishment that would find her to be a perfect candidate.

SassyLady
01-18-2021, 07:56 PM
Nobody has mentioned Liz Cheney, foreign affairs experience, national security experience. She has worked for a White House administration.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not endorsing her. However there are those in the republican establishment that would find her to be a perfect candidate.

Nope. But I'm not a republican so can't say what they want.

fj1200
01-19-2021, 03:29 PM
2024 Republican female candidates.

Trump

Oh my, no.