PDA

View Full Version : town gears up for racial protests

09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070919/ap_on_re_us/school_fight

I understand why people are advocates for their races. But how on earth can they be protesting on behalf of a kid who apparently beat another kid? So because a bunch of black kids beats a white kid somehow thats racist against the blacks??? I mean hello?! They freakin beat a kid. I dont care what race you are, you are going to have to face up to responsibility there and receive the punishment.

I would love to hear the other side of this story. What reasons are there to defend such horrendous actions? They only hate crime here is against the white kid. Arent these "civil rights" "leaders" supposed to stand against all sorts of racism?

Trigg
09-19-2007, 05:53 PM

Arent these "civil rights" "leaders" supposed to stand against all sorts of racism?

Nope they only care about black people being abused and railroaded into jail by those racist whites.

Missileman
09-19-2007, 06:07 PM

I understand why people are advocates for their races. But how on earth can they be protesting on behalf of a kid who apparently beat another kid? So because a bunch of black kids beats a white kid somehow thats racist against the blacks??? I mean hello?! They freakin beat a kid. I dont care what race you are, you are going to have to face up to responsibility there and receive the punishment.

I would love to hear the other side of this story. What reasons are there to defend such horrendous actions? They only hate crime here is against the white kid. Arent these "civil rights" "leaders" supposed to stand against all sorts of racism?

There's way too much arguing that "two wrongs make a right" going on these days...and it's an argument thrown out across the entire political spectrum. Sharpton and company think that these black kids should get a walk because the white kids who put the nooses in the tree weren't brought to justice. That's the wrong attitude to take, if someone commits a crime, they need to be punished. Instead of calling for the release of the black criminals, they need to be calling for the pursuit of the white ones while acknowledging the need to punish the black ones.

09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
There's way too much arguing that "two wrongs make a right" going on these days...and it's an argument thrown out across the entire political spectrum. Sharpton and company think that these black kids should get a walk because the white kids who put the nooses in the tree weren't brought to justice. That's the wrong attitude to take, if someone commits a crime, they need to be punished. Instead of calling for the release of the black criminals, they need to be calling for the pursuit of the white ones while acknowledging the need to punish the black ones.

last time i checked hanging up a noose wasnt a crime. I could be wrong. Who knows with the hate crime laws. but its so ridiculous to assume that even if they werent that means you should defend people who we know did wrong. condemn them both.

PostmodernProphet
09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
last time i checked hanging up a noose wasnt a crime

???.....even if it isn't a crime, it was a really, really stupid thing to do....if my kid had been involved in it I would have beaten the crap out him myself.....

there is no getting around the fact that the prosecutors in this case ought to be Nifonged.....the kid convicted of assault was attacked by the kids he beat up....if anything, they ought to have been charged with being stupid enough to pick a fight with someone tougher than they were.......

When my son was a minor he got mugged by three guys....they broke his jaw with a baseball bat.....now, let's say he had won that fight instead of lost it....and the result was he got sentenced to 16 years in jail......can you guess what my reaction would be?

JackDaniels
09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
???.....even if it isn't a crime, it was a really, really stupid thing to do....if my kid had been involved in it I would have beaten the crap out him myself.....

In this day and age, hanging a noose is in poor taste and anyone that would do it is borderline mentally challenged. Doesn't make it illegal.

Hate crime legislation is meant to do one thing -- thought control. Hate crime legislation is an attempt by liberals to FORCE you to think a certain way. Hate crime legislation are authoritarian measures put in place by liberals to maintain thought control.

I just can't win -- the Republicans want to control my social life and the Democrats want to control my economic life! :coffee:

Missileman
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
last time i checked hanging up a noose wasnt a crime. I could be wrong. Who knows with the hate crime laws. but its so ridiculous to assume that even if they werent that means you should defend people who we know did wrong. condemn them both.

It could VERY easily be classified as a terroristic threat, which is illegal. And yes, both parties should be condemned and held accountable.

Guernicaa
09-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't think the black people are mad that hes being charged Avatar, its what hes being charged with.

Attempted murder? Give me a fucking break...for a high school fight?? Thats ridiculous...

Missileman
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't think the black people are mad that hes being charged Avatar, its what hes being charged with.

Attempted murder? Give me a fucking break...for a high school fight?? Thats ridiculous...

I heard the victim remained unconscious for 3 hours after the beating was interrupted...doesn't sound much like a high school fight to me.

waterrescuedude2000
09-19-2007, 08:56 PM
There will always be racists. Thats their rights to be racist if they want. If they want to hate someone because of their color or religion or whatever thats their right. Their Rights stop when they become violent. As far as I can see I agree they hung a noose who gives a shit thats their right. The only ones who should be charged are the ones that beat the kid. Thats it. So as far as I am concerned they have no rights and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton need to S2.
Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. I hope they get tear gassed for rioting over stupid shit. I believe racism has gone on since probably the beginning of mankind. it is something that will never stop. I understand that regardless of color or religion they are still people. I personally don't care what color a person is. But hey get over it already.

09-19-2007, 09:53 PM

Whats so ridiculous about it? The kids was beaten unconscious. It's clearly aggrevated assault, which is bad enough. Why not attempted murder?

Who cares if it was a high school fight? Why does that change the fact that the kid was beaten unconscious?

If someone beats you within an inch of your life, wouldnt you want them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?

PostmodernProphet
09-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I say burn the town down, sprinkle the land with salt and move on.....there are OJ trials to watch......

hjmick
09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
I came across this commentary earlier today, I found it very interesting.

Jason Whitlock is one of the smartest men I have ever read, heard speak, or heard interviewed. He is a refreshing breath of fresh air and honesty.

COMMENTARY
Lessons from Jena, La.
By JASON WHITLOCK

Now we love Mychal Bell, the star of the 2006 Jena (La.) High School football team, the teenage boy who has sat in jail since December for his role in a six-on-one beatdown of a fellow student.

Thursday, thousands of us, proud African-Americans, expressed our devotion to and desire to see justice for the “Jena Six,” the half-dozen black students who knocked unconscious, kicked and stomped a white classmate.

Jesse Jackson compared Thursday’s rallies in Jena to the protests and marches that used to take place in cities like Selma, Ala., in the 1960s. Al Sharpton claimed Thursday’s peaceful demonstrations were to highlight racial inequities in the criminal justice system.

Jesse and Al, as they’re prone to do, served a kernel of truth stacked on a mountain of lies.

There are undeniable racial and economic inequities in our criminal justice system, and from afar the “Jena Six” rallies certainly looked and felt like the righteous protests of the 1960s.

But the reality is Thursday’s protests are just another sign that we remain deeply locked in denial about the path we need to travel today for true American liberation, equality and power in the new millennium.

The fact that we waited to love Mychal Bell until after he’d thrown away a Division I football scholarship and nine months of his life is just as heinous as the grossly excessive attempted-murder charges that originally landed him in jail.

Reed Walters, the Jena district attorney, is being accused of racism because he didn’t show Bell compassion when the teenager was brought before the court for the third time on assault charges in a two-year span.

Where was our compassion long before Bell got into this kind of trouble?

That’s the question that needed to be asked in Jena and across the country on Thursday. But it wasn’t asked because everyone has been lied to about what really transpired in the small southern town.

There was no “schoolyard fight” as a result of nooses being hung on a whites-only tree.

Justin Barker, the white victim, was cold-cocked from behind, knocked unconscious and stomped by six black athletes. Barker, luckily, sustained no life-threatening injuries and was released from the hospital three hours after the attack.

A black U.S. attorney, Don Washington, investigated the “Jena Six” case and concluded that the attack on Barker had absolutely nothing to do with the noose-hanging incident three months before. The nooses and two off-campus incidents were tied to Barker’s assault by people wanting to gain sympathy for the “Jena Six” in reaction to Walters’ extreme charges of attempted murder.

Much has been written about Bell’s trial, the six-person all-white jury that convicted him of aggravated battery and conspiracy to commit aggravated battery and the clueless public defender who called no witnesses and offered no defense. It is rarely mentioned that no black people responded to the jury summonses and that Bell’s public defender was black.[/i]

It’s almost never mentioned that Bell’s absentee father returned from Dallas and re-entered his son’s life only after Bell faced attempted-murder charges. [b]At a bond hearing in August, Bell’s father and a parade of local ministers promised a judge that they would supervise Bell if he was released from prison.

Where were the promises and supervision before any of this?

It’s rarely mentioned that Bell was already on probation for assault when he was accused of participating in Barker’s attack. And it’s never mentioned that white people in the “racist” town of Jena provided Bell support and protected his football career long before Jesse, Al, Bell’s father and all the others took a sincere interest in Mychal Bell.

You won’t hear about any of that because it doesn’t fit the picture we want to paint of Jena, this case, America and ourselves.

We don’t practice preventive medicine. Mychal Bell needed us long before he was cuffed and jailed. Here is another undeniable, statistical fact: The best way for a black (or white) father to ensure that his son doesn’t fall victim to a racist prosecutor is by participating in his son’s life on a daily basis.

That fact needed to be shared Thursday in Jena. The constant preaching of that message would short-circuit more potential “Jena Six” cases than attributing random acts of six-on-one violence to three-month-old nooses.

And I am in no way excusing the nooses. The responsible kids should’ve been expelled. A few years after I’d graduated, a similar incident happened at my high school involving our best football player, a future NFL tight end. He was expelled.

The Jena school board foolishly overruled its principal and suspended the kids for three days.

But the kids responsible for Barker’s beating deserve to be punished. The prosecutor needed to be challenged on his excessive charges. And we as black folks need to question ourselves about why too many of us can only get energized to help our young people once they’re in harm’s way.

I’ve been the spokesman for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City for six years. Getting black men to volunteer to mentor for just two hours a week to the more than 100 black boys on a waiting list is a yearly crisis. It’s a nationwide crisis for the organization. In Kansas City, we’re lucky if we get 20 black Big Brothers a year.

You don’t want to see any more “Jena Six” cases? Love Mychal Bell before he violently breaks the law.

Lessons from Jena, La. (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/284511.html)

gabosaurus
09-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Some extremely interesting points there. Thanks for posting that!

I have a fair amount of disdain for some of the backlash resulting from the Jena 6 protests. A Louisiana commentator (who is black) make a few of the same points as above. He received threats from other black media. They did not question his accuracy, but instead his timing. Show solidarity now and tell the truth later.

A lot has been made of how the first black teen was convicted by an all-white jury. Offered reason: racism. Real reason: there were not enough blacks registered to form a jury pool.

09-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Some extremely interesting points there. Thanks for posting that!

I have a fair amount of disdain for some of the backlash resulting from the Jena 6 protests. A Louisiana commentator (who is black) make a few of the same points as above. He received threats from other black media. They did not question his accuracy, but instead his timing. Show solidarity now and tell the truth later.

A lot has been made of how the first black teen was convicted by an all-white jury. Offered reason: racism. Real reason: there were not enough blacks registered to form a jury pool.

I agree with you completely here gabs.

I have no doubt that blacks have suffered alot. The real question is who hasnt? I dont know a race out there that doesnt have some things they have suffered through. I dont know anyone out there where life is easy for them. Life isnt designed to be easy for anyone.

My problem here is when they raise issues like this, declare them to be prime examples of racism they are really hurting their cause. They make themselves look petty and then real acts of racism are ignored when they occur because people are tired of these guys crying wolf.

The very fact that Al Sharpton and his ilk havent really had a legitimate cause to speak against racism and protest in forever seems to be strong evidence to me that while racism is a problem it isnt nearly the problem it was in the past.

09-22-2007, 04:47 AM
I came across this commentary earlier today, I found it very interesting.

Jason Whitlock is one of the smartest men I have ever read, heard speak, or heard interviewed. He is a refreshing breath of fresh air and honesty.

I think there are lessons here for everyone. I wish all fathers showed interest in their children before they got in trouble.

Dilloduck
09-22-2007, 09:55 AM
And celebrating Halloween should be banned because everyone runs around trying to scare people.:rolleyes:

Trigg
09-22-2007, 10:18 AM
The questions people need to ask is why the facts from the article were not mentioned on the MSM. The black US attorney, the black defense lawyer, the fact that the boy was on probation for 2 other assault charges.

They all just screamed RACISM.

Now I know how the libs on this board feel about Fox news, but I forwarded the article on to them. MAYBE they will air the article, I doubt any other news station would touch it.

Yurt
09-22-2007, 01:29 PM

there is no getting around the fact that the prosecutors in this case ought to be Nifonged.....the kid convicted of assault was attacked by the kids he beat up....if anything, they ought to have been charged with being stupid enough to pick a fight with someone tougher than they were.......

When my son was a minor he got mugged by three guys....they broke his jaw with a baseball bat.....now, let's say he had won that fight instead of lost it....and the result was he got sentenced to 16 years in jail......can you guess what my reaction would be?

What??? You mean KID"S". He was beaten by a gang of ruthless thugs. Kicked repeatedly while ON the ground. You analogy is not even close, it defies logic and reality here.

Yurt
09-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Whats so ridiculous about it? The kids was beaten unconscious. It's clearly aggrevated assault, which is bad enough. Why not attempted murder?

Who cares if it was a high school fight? Why does that change the fact that the kid was beaten unconscious?

If someone beats you within an inch of your life, wouldnt you want them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?

Maybe he is used to it :dunno:

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 01:43 AM
obama, I dont know what the kid should be charged with but anytime you have 6 people of one race beating up another person, of another race, out of hatred. That should be taken seriously.

I wonder whats its going to take to send a message, you cannot to act like a violent racist thug, and then get sympathy for it, when your the perpatraitor.

we could make a million excuses for their bad behavior, but nothing excuses vioilence, not even if the white kid, went up to his face, and called him a nigger.

Words dont justify violence. You do not have the right to put your hands on someone without their permission. The boy who put the noose was disciplined, but if it was not illegal, you cant make up laws, you go to the legislature to do that.

I just think, if this was the other way around, the race baitors/police, jesse, and naacp, all of them, wouldnt give a dam, cause they wouldnt be black, they dont give a dam about non blacks imho, and that is hypocritical.

if it were 6 white students beating up a black, or 6 arabs beating up a jew, or 6 straights beating up a gay, I would take it very seriously, and perhaps attempted murder is appropriate, they need a harsh punishment.

we need to crack down on this kind of racist bad behavior.

Those 6 black students are racist, and they wont get a free pass from me, because of their race or history.

Roomy
09-23-2007, 05:14 AM
The world looks on in amazement and incredulity at the overt racism displayed in this nasty little town, made worse by the fact that their own blind hatred and bigotry won't allow them to recognise themselves for what they are.:salute:God bless America.

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 05:23 AM
I think putting a noose on a tree was a jack ass move, the kid who did that should have been expelled, or something more severe then just a suspension. I feel the principal should have had an assembly to address the issue, once the kid came back, and even before he came back with an assembly as well.

I think you would agree roomy, nothing justifies, assaulting someone. Im not talking about self defense. im talking about anytime you have a racially motivated attack on an individual, it must be taken seriously.

The town, can have whatever opinion it wants, but if it wont protect its students, and do something about treating people equally regarding of feelings and prejudice, we have every right not to give them a dime.

Racism isnt only from whites here in my opinion, once those 6 blacks attacked him, they were just as guilty of racism, as anyone.

We must not allow their racism, to go unpunished.

The world looks on in amazement and incredulity at the overt racism displayed in this nasty little town, made worse by the fact that their own blind hatred and bigotry won't allow them to recognise themselves for what they are.:salute:God bless America.

Roomy
09-23-2007, 05:32 AM
They haven't been found guilty of any offence have they?yet they languish in jail for allegedly slapping the face of a redneck moron.The whole town should be on trial for race hate crimes if you ask me.The town of Jena has become the laughing stock of the world and we only hope that they are'nt typical of the rest of the USA.:salute:God bless America.

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Alright let me throw you a question.

Lets pretend your the judge

Judge roomy: you see the six black teens, in court accused of attempted murder, and then the defense and prosecutor argue over bail. What would you do.

Im honestly asking you :)

I would like to hear what you have to say.

They haven't been found guilty of any offence have they?yet they languish in jail for allegedly slapping the face of a redneck moron.The whole town should be on trial for race hate crimes if you ask me.The town of Jena has become the laughing stock of the world and we only hope that they are'nt typical of the rest of the USA.:salute:God bless America.

Missileman
09-23-2007, 09:30 AM

That's hardly an accurate description of what happened. There's no doubt at all that these 6 teens jumped another kid and beat him into unconciousness. It wasn't "just a typical school-fight" as some people have claimed and was way beyond the "slapping the face of a redneck moron". It was, without any doubt at all, an assault. The rancor has been over what the kids were charged with and which court they were tried in.

BTW Roomy, the teen that's still in jail has now been CONVICTED of his THIRD assault over the course of a couple years. How many "adult" crimes do we allow a juvenile to commit before we start treating him like an adult and prosecuting him in adult court?

Gaffer
09-23-2007, 10:33 AM
The racists are marching in the streets of Jena. They are led by the two biggest racists in the country, jackson and sharpton. And the media is supporting them by NOT reporting all the facts. The Jena case is a non-issue that should not even be in the news, but the head racists, jackson and sharpton, want publicity. Their extortion organizations need a new influx of money.

Trigg
09-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Did you even bother to read this quote on page one ???

A black U.S. attorney, Don Washington, investigated the “Jena Six” case and concluded that the attack on Barker had absolutely nothing to do with the noose-hanging incident three months before. The nooses and two off-campus incidents were tied to Barker’s assault by people wanting to gain sympathy for the “Jena Six” in reaction to Walters’ extreme charges of attempted murder.

WHY did those 6 beat on the 1 boy???????????????

You want racism?????

You may be pinning it on the wrong group. The one boy in particular has been charged 2 other times with assault, he does not deserve simpathy here. The only one who deserves our simpathy is the boy who was beated unconcious by 6 others and we have not been told the reason because our media is to busy painting the whites in this town as RACIST.

Roomy
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Of course there are doubts about the guilt or innocence of the accused because they have yet to be brought to trial, bigots will hopefully be ruled out of jury duty.
Lynch mob mentality is alive and well and has even raised it's ugly little head here.

The so called victim was so badly beaten he was partying later on that evening with no real noticable bruising.I think if 6 thugs had tried to murder him a few hours previous he would be on life support in hospital hanging on for dear life or hiding from the vicious thugs in fear that they came to finish the job.You people make me sick.:salute:God Bless America.

Maybe they attacked him with fluffy pillows?

trobinett
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Of course there are doubts about the guilt or innocence of the accused because they have yet to be brought to trial, bigots will hopefully be ruled out of jury duty.
Lynch mob mentality is alive and well and has even raised it's ugly little head here.

The so called victim was so badly beaten he was partying later on that evening with no real noticable bruising.I think if 6 thugs had tried to murder him a few hours previous he would be on life support in hospital hanging on for dear life or hiding from the vicious thugs in fear that they came to finish the job.You people make me sick.:salute:God Bless America.

Maybe they attacked him with fluffy pillows?

The feelings are mutual sir.....:slap:

YOU would of been more comfortable with baseball bats?:fu:

Hugh Lincoln
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Oh, right. Because we all know how black America is sensitive to the subtleties of the variations in a criminal charge on a mass scale like this.

Yo, Tyrone, y'all hear 'bout this? Says a brotha's been charged with attempted murder for beating a white boy unconscious! Now, if the prosecutor had charged felony assualt, well, then, that'd be OK by me. But since it's two counts higher, yo, I'm going to Jena for a protest!

Yo, probably not.

The fact is that blacks are so hyper-attuned to any charge of "racism," no matter how unfounded, that if Jesse and Al sound the alarm, black America comes running. That's what happened here. Really, truth is, I'm jealous. If you could get WHITES to do that, it'd be sweet. Michael Savage was comparing Jena to Knoxville, for instance (where two whites were sexually tortured and murdered by black nationalists) and noting how there was no reaction to Knoxville really. Whites want to know the facts first. They disagree with each other. THEY DO NOT GO INTO THE STREET FOR PROTESTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING FOR THEM TO WORRY ABOUT. Etc. Blacks don't give a shit about facts. And they know that internal disagreement can be fatal to them. It's a pretty legitimate reaction to being a minority, in some ways. Whites are going to have to learn that way soon.

Trigg
09-23-2007, 04:25 PM

It doesn't look like London has a shortage of racist attacks itself. Maybe you should clean up your own backyard before you start insulting ours.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20060802/ai_n16655221

An African man is in a critical condition after a racist attack in Bristol

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article1870842.ece

a dairy owned by a Muslim family in Windsor also came under siege. Groups of up to 30 people attacked the Medina Dairy, which has also allegedly been fire bombed. Eight people have been arrested

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article543198.ece

Muslim leaders appealed for calm today after an Asian man was killed in an apparent racist attack as he left a corner shop.

Hugh Lincoln
09-23-2007, 09:31 PM
It doesn't look like London has a shortage of racist attacks itself. Maybe you should clean up your own backyard before you start insulting ours.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20060802/ai_n16655221

An African man is in a critical condition after a racist attack in Bristol

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article1870842.ece

a dairy owned by a Muslim family in Windsor also came under siege. Groups of up to 30 people attacked the Medina Dairy, which has also allegedly been fire bombed. Eight people have been arrested

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article543198.ece

Muslim leaders appealed for calm today after an Asian man was killed in an apparent racist attack as he left a corner shop.

And to think that all those Muslims were dragged to the UK as slaves. White people are just terrible!