PDA

View Full Version : Republicans: Won’t Attend President Trump’s Goodbye Ceremony

Trinity
01-20-2021, 02:49 AM
Republicans: Vice President Pence, Senate Majority Leader McConnell and House Minority Leader McCarthy, Won’t Attend President Trump’s Goodbye Ceremony.
Good riddance from the GOP!You can really tell who your friends are sometimes and the GOP leadership are no friend to President Trump. Despite President Trump receiving more legitimate votes than any presidential candidate in history, the Republican leadership are happy to see him gone. They already forgot his name.

Republican (https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/republican) leaders are skipping President Trump’s farewell event to instead attend church with incoming President Joe Biden (https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/joe-biden) on the day of his inauguration.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/republicans-vice-president-pence-senate-majority-leader-mcconnell-house-minority-leader-mccarthy-wont-attend-president-trumps-goodbye-ceremony/

fj1200
01-20-2021, 10:06 AM
Trigger warning.

Maybe if he wouldn't sell them down the river at the drop of a hat he would have engendered more appreciation.

Kathianne
01-20-2021, 10:21 AM
I've been watching since Trump's goodbye. All of this is familiar in a surreal presentation.

FOX has gone over all of the successes of Trump's policies, wondering if Biden can build off them. My guess is the progressives will make it impossible. I don't think most will be wanting Trump back, but will be looking for America first.

SassyLady
01-20-2021, 11:56 AM
Trigger warning.

Maybe if he wouldn't sell them down the river at the drop of a hat he would have engendered more appreciation.

They're all politicians and will sell their soul to stay in power ... everyone is looking out for themselves. Already sucking up to new power in town.

fj1200
01-20-2021, 12:00 PM
^Maybe so. No need to deify trump then. I'm guessing McConnell and McCarthy arent' doing much sucking up to the Dems, I'm hoping they're trying to figure out how to stem the leftie tide. ;)

SassyLady
01-20-2021, 12:05 PM
^Maybe so. No need to deify trump then.

Acknowledging his accomplishments isn't deifying him.

fj1200
01-20-2021, 12:10 PM
Acknowledging his accomplishments isn't deifying him.

I was responding to the OP and only the OP. No comment about his accomplishments. I didn't even mention the incorrect posit about "legitimate votes" unless a rational person truly believes Biden's 7 million vote advantage was all fraud/illegtimate.

SassyLady
01-20-2021, 12:30 PM
I was responding to the OP and only the OP. No comment about his accomplishments. I didn't even mention the incorrect posit about "legitimate votes" unless a rational person truly believes Biden's 7 million vote advantage was all fraud/illegtimate.

How did the OP deify Trump?

I don't understand how a rational person believes Biden got more votes than any other president in history by campaigning from his basement with no clear policy platform other than reversing all of Trump's policies. Are you saying 7 million people woke up one day and decided to vote? What did they vote for? More illegals? More taxes? Loss of jobs due to minimum wage mandates? Paris accords? Iran partnership? Energy dependence? Extra states? More supreme court justices?

Or, perhaps illegal ballots were cast.

fj1200
01-20-2021, 12:39 PM

I don't understand how a rational person believes Biden got more votes than any other president in history by campaigning from his basement with no clear policy platform other than reversing all of Trump's policies. Are you saying 7 million people woke up one day and decided to vote? What did they vote for? More illegals? More taxes? Loss of jobs due to minimum wage mandates? Paris accords? Iran partnership? Energy dependence? Extra states? More supreme court justices?

Hyperbole on my part but it did express the idea that trump would not do what was done to him.

You underestimate how many people hate trump and in this past year given the pandemic, BLM protests, etc. it's not a leap to know that plenty more will take it upon themselves to vote. They voted for not-trump and trump gave them plenty of reasons. Gabo is right in that all Biden had to do was not be caught being an utter moron; in that he was successful.

Not 7 million of them.

Kathianne
01-20-2021, 12:47 PM

Was there fraud? Yes. There always is. Was it 7 million votes? No. Certainly what fraud there was, because of covid new voting "rules" likely more than normal, unlikely they were to be found just in the right numbers, in just the right states.

I know I'm repeating myself. Covid words and attitude br Trump. Not actions, words and style. Words count.

Made it easy for joto only take from basement, shake his head and say, "I'll use science. I care about each and every death."

If Trump had shown more empathy, concern and spent his time touting his policy successes and faith in his covid team, we'd likely still have him.

But he didn't. He stayed true to himself.

jimnyc
01-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Didn't watch either event today. I really had no interest in Trump's early sendoff and bailing on tradition. I also had no interest in watching the incoming administration. Neither was worth delaying my coffee or my chores for the day. :)

Kathianne
01-20-2021, 02:11 PM
Didn't watch either event today. I really had no interest in Trump's early sendoff and bailing on tradition. I also had no interest in watching the incoming administration. Neither was worth delaying my coffee or my chores for the day. :)
I've watched since Kennedy with mom. I saw both. History.

jimnyc
01-20-2021, 02:22 PM
I've watched since Kennedy with mom. I saw both. History.

That's the only thing that was pulling me today, was not being a part of history. But all will be recorded of course. But nothing beats live.

I just couldn't stomach things today.

fj1200
01-20-2021, 02:42 PM
... because of covid new voting "rules" likely more than normal...

To the extent that the various states didn't follow their own election rules, I think PA was the worst??? and can't speak to others, that should have been argued well before election day because SCOTUS is not going to disallow votes that the voter thought was valid at the time. If you didn't challenge then that means you ran a crappy campaign and the fault lies with the one at the top.