PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Bezos is OUT as Amazon CEO

jimnyc
02-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Damn, some pretty big news!

---

Jeff Bezos to Step Down as Amazon CEO

Amazon announced on Tuesday that Jeff Bezos will step down as CEO.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) CEO Andy Jassy will replace Bezos in the third quarter of this year.

Bezos will transition to executive chair of Amazon’s board, CNBC reported.

Jeff Bezos said he wants to focus on Bezos Earth Fund, his Blue Origin spaceship company and The Washington Post.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/jeff-bezos-step-amazon-ceo/

Jeff Bezos to step down as Amazon CEO, Andy Jassy to take over in Q3

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos will step down later this year, turning the helm over to the company’s top cloud executive Andy Jassy.
Jassy joined Amazon in 1997 and has led Amazon’s Web Services cloud team since its inception.
Bezos said he will stay engaged in important Amazon projects but will also have more time to focus on the Bezos Earth Fund, his Blue Origin spaceship company, The Washington Post and the Amazon Day 1 Fund.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos will step down later this year, turning the helm over to the company’s top cloud executive Andy Jassy, the company announced Tuesday. Bezos will transition to executive chairman of Amazon’s board.

Bezos founded Amazon in 1994 and has since morphed the one-time online bookstore into a mega retailer with global reach in a slew of different categories from gadgets to grocery to streaming. Amazon surpassed a $1 trillion market cap under Bezos’ leadership in January of last year — it’s now worth more than $1.6 trillion.

The company had kept its succession plans quiet, though onlookers speculated that either Jassy or Jeff Wilke, the CEO of Amazon’s worldwide consumer business, would be his successor. But, in August, Amazon announced Wilke will retire in 2021.

Jassy joined Amazon in 1997 and has led Amazon’s Web Services cloud team since its inception. AWS continues to drive much of Amazon’s profit.

“I’m excited to announce that this Q3 I’ll transition to Executive Chair of the Amazon Board and Andy Jassy will become CEO,” Bezos said in a letter to employees. “In the Exec Chair role, I intend to focus my energies and attention on new products and early initiatives. Andy is well known inside the company and has been at Amazon almost as long as I have. He will be an outstanding leader, and he has my full confidence.”

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/jeff-bezos-to-step-down-as-amazon-ceo-andy-jassy-to-take-over-in-q3.html

icansayit
02-02-2021, 06:22 PM

---

Amazon Web Services (AWS) CEO Andy Jassy will replace Bezos in the third quarter of this year.

Jeff Bezos said he wants to focus on Bezos Earth Fund, his Blue Origin spaceship company and The Washington Post.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos will step down later this year, turning the helm over to the company’s top cloud executive Andy Jassy.
Jassy joined Amazon in 1997 and has led Amazon’s Web Services cloud team since its inception.
Bezos said he will stay engaged in important Amazon projects but will also have more time to focus on the Bezos Earth Fund, his Blue Origin spaceship company, The Washington Post and the Amazon Day 1 Fund.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos will step down later this year, turning the helm over to the company’s top cloud executive Andy Jassy, the company announced Tuesday. Bezos will transition to executive chairman of Amazon’s board.

Bezos founded Amazon in 1994 and has since morphed the one-time online bookstore into a mega retailer with global reach in a slew of different categories from gadgets to grocery to streaming. Amazon surpassed a $1 trillion market cap under Bezos’ leadership in January of last year — it’s now worth more than $1.6 trillion.

The company had kept its succession plans quiet, though onlookers speculated that either Jassy or Jeff Wilke, the CEO of Amazon’s worldwide consumer business, would be his successor. But, in August, Amazon announced Wilke will retire in 2021.

Jassy joined Amazon in 1997 and has led Amazon’s Web Services cloud team since its inception. AWS continues to drive much of Amazon’s profit.

“I’m excited to announce that this Q3 I’ll transition to Executive Chair of the Amazon Board and Andy Jassy will become CEO,” Bezos said in a letter to employees. “In the Exec Chair role, I intend to focus my energies and attention on new products and early initiatives. Andy is well known inside the company and has been at Amazon almost as long as I have. He will be an outstanding leader, and he has my full confidence.”

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/jeff-bezos-to-step-down-as-amazon-ceo-andy-jassy-to-take-over-in-q3.html

He plans to RUN for President in 2024.

SassyLady
02-02-2021, 10:57 PM

---

He's still there on the board as Chairman. He's just not going to be overseeing the day to day functioning. Going to focus more on how to change America for NWO.