PDA

View Full Version : Democrats like to get answers in advance

jimnyc
02-02-2021, 05:46 PM
Or should I say questions.

Hell, this surprises me in the least. :rolleyes:

---

Biden White House Asked for Questions from Reporters in Advance of Presser with Jen Psaki

A new report at The Daily Beast reveals the Biden White House is asking for questions from establishment media before Psaki’s pressers.

Could you imagine if Kayleigh McEnany ever did this?
It would have made headlines in the liberal rags and been on TV 24-7 for days!

Evidently, like her boss Dementia Joe, Psaki does not have the mental heft to deal with the daily softballs from the adoring press.

The Daily Beast reported:

If you’re a reporter with a tough question for the White House press secretary, Joe Biden’s staff wouldn’t mind knowing about it in advance.

According to three sources with knowledge of the matter, as well as written communications reviewed by The Daily Beast, the new president’s communications staff have already on occasion probed reporters to see what questions they plan on asking new White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki when called upon during briefings.

The requests prompted concerns among the White House press corps, whose members, like many reporters, are sensitive to the perception that they are coordinating with political communications staffers.

One reporter raised the issue during an informal White House Correspondents Association Zoom call last Friday. According to multiple sources, leaders at the meeting advised print reporters to push back against requests by the White House press team to learn of questions in advance, or simply to not respond to the Biden team’s inquiries.

“While it’s a relief to see briefings return, particularly with a commitment to factual information, the press can’t really do its job in the briefing room if the White House is picking and choosing the questions they want,” one White House correspondent said. “That’s not really a free press at all.”

“It pissed off enough reporters for people to flag it for the [WHCA] for them to deal with it,” another knowledgeable source said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/report-biden-white-house-asked-questions-reporters-advance-presser-jen-psaki/

icansayit
02-02-2021, 06:20 PM
Donna Brazile for Hillary before the Debates???

https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/OYZGZVQK5Q6T7I2WYB36WRPJ7I.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/psakiquestions.jpg

jimnyc
02-03-2021, 03:17 PM
They have been in only a short time. They may not have all the answers yet. Ok, I'm good up til here. But what, they can't answer a question asked of them directly? :rolleyes:

"This type of press conference is not supposed to be gotcha questions"

So they would have been cool if Trump or Mcenany asked for them in advance? :rolleyes: Bullshit. They would have lost it and called it a scandal.

---

‘View’ Scoffs at Reporters Grumbling WH Wants to Screen Questions: ‘Not Supposed to Be Gotcha Questions!’

The View’s liberal hosts weren’t only bored by the Daily Beast report that the White House press office was already asking reporters to feed them the questions before press briefings; in fact, they rationalized and defended it.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg laughed at the anonymous reporters’ concerns:

You know, some White House reporters aren't very happy that there was requests from the White House [chuckles] to get press briefing questions in advance, and it has them raising red flags about the Biden administration's [chuckles] promise of total transparency according to The Daily Beast. Does it occur to everybody that they have been in there probably for three weeks, and they might not have all the answers [chuckles]--have all the answers yet? Call me crazy.

Fellow co-hosts Sara Haines and Joy Behar were equally unbothered. Haines argued this “wasn’t right” but was normal behavior from press offices to make things “seamless.” Behar complained the press briefing wasn’t supposed to be filled with “gotcha” questions, anyway!

JOY BEHAR: [T]his type of press conference is not supposed to be gotcha questions. They're supposed to be informative information questions and answers, and so it behooves the administration to be prepared to give the correct information. Jen Psaki--what’s her name? Psaki. Jen Psaki. She can't know everything.

She even laughably claimed that reporters would call out Psaki if she used “spin" so she had to tell the truth!

And by the way this idea that she can come up with spin, I think the reporters are quite aware of when someone is spinning and when they're not, and that they would call her out on that, and this administration is very well prepared to say the truth, whereas the last one would just lie and spin and whatever. But you know I just think that, you know, it's not a gotcha session. That's what has to be understood.

As usual, only conservative co-host Meghan McCain criticized Team Biden, noting this was not normal but controversial behavior. She called out the left holds themselves and their politicians to different standards:

The problem people are having with this, is it's the administration asking for questions in advance from reporters, which yes is highly un-kosher and highly unorthodox. Maybe we're living in different worlds. I have worked on campaigns and been around many politicians, and I've never once been in a situation where I said, "Hey you as a journalist ,can you give us this question for the principal in advance?" That's not how it works. I think part of the problem is we live in two different worlds of media.

We live in liberal media and the conservative media. I have been in these rooms. Most journalists are liberal. Most journalists are Democrats. Most journalists have a liberal bias. It's just the facts. By the way there's data to back that up from journalism schools. I'm not just pontificating out of my face.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2021/02/03/view-scoffs-reporters-grumbling-wh-wants-screen-questions-not