PDA

View Full Version : Fire this doctor

jimnyc
02-04-2021, 04:52 PM
He commented, “Naples, Florida. Let’em die. I’m so tired of these people. No vaccines for y’all.”

"Let 'em die". "No vaccines". And then states those comments were taken out of context. :rolleyes:

---

Before the article which discusses his twitter activity - here is just a reminder of what he SWORE to:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

‘Let’Em Die’: ER Doctor On Twitter Says America Shouldn’t Waste Time On Those Not Wearing Masks

An emergency room doctor posted a Twitter thread saying the country cannot “waste our energy” on those who do not wear masks during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Cleavon Gilman uses the Twitter handle Cleavon MD and posted a 15-second video credited to an NBC reporter that showed people not wearing masks in a Naples, Florida, supermarket. He commented, “Naples, Florida. Let’em die. I’m so tired of these people. No vaccines for y’all.”

https://i.imgur.com/9bWbDRG.png

The comments generated backlash, with some responses suggesting the doctor should lose his medical license. Others backed him up, saying those protesting mask mandates should sign forms waiving emergency medical care.

He took on one critic in a follow-up Tweet, saying, “When you don’t wear a mask, refuse to socially distance and get infected with COVID… that’s what happens.. you get hypoxic and then you die. Unfortunately these selfish people will kill many others doing their best to avoid COVID along the way.”

Gilman also alleged that his comments were being “taken out of context” by Republicans, then deleted the thread. He claimed, “I treat every patient that comes through the door with the same. Many gasping for breath and devastated when they find out covid is not a hoax.”

https://i.imgur.com/d2Xa4nL.png

Gilman’s tweets have caused him trouble before. In December, he claimed he was professionally sidelined after alleging in a Nov. 22 Twitter post that there were “no more” intensive care unit (ICU) beds in the state, MedPageToday.com reported. Data from the Arizona Department of Health Services on the same day indicated only 10% — or approximately 175 total — of the state’s ICU beds were available, reported the AZ Mirror. The outlet also noted that some hospitals were reporting local inability to transfer patients to ICU care.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/04/cleavon-md-emergency-room-doctor-masking-let-em-die-pandemic/