PDA

View Full Version : Switching away from Bank of America

jimnyc
02-05-2021, 02:10 PM
I have an account with Wachovia and one with BoA, and I think like a money market account account or something like that with HSBC. Don't ask me how it ended up this way.

But I'm going to merge the BoA to my Wachovia account. I know my peanuts won't hurt them and that's alright with me. It's just a matter of principle, and privacy.

---

Bank of America Secretly Flagged Purchase History of Customers and Sent the Data to Feds After Capitol Riot

Fox News host Tucker Carlson Thursday night revealed Bank of America searched through customer data and provided the data to the feds after the Capitol riot.

Bank of America gave data and information to the feds at the request of the US government, without the knowledge or consent of the customers.

One innocent Bank of America customer was actually interrogated by the feds and ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing.

How is this even legal?

Bank of America scanned through customer records to flag the following:

Were they in DC between January 5 and January 6
Purchased a hotel stay or AirBnB in DC, Virginia or Maryland after January 6
Any purchase of weapons between January 7 and their upcoming suspected stay in DC area around Inauguration Day
Airline related purchases since January 6

One innocent man was actually interrogated by the feds all because of his purchase history.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/bank-america-secretly-flagged-purchase-history-customers-sent-data-feds-capitol-riot/

PixieStix
02-05-2021, 04:12 PM
When government and corporations work together against or for a group, we are truly in trouble. I no longer buy from many places. But it seems to be getting to a point, where the preppers are onto something. Cash will do us no good either. We need to prep. Thanks to one of your posts the other day Jim, I have new email and have fixed my privacy data as best as I can. Yeah, I read your forum even when I am not logged in. :salute:

SassyLady
02-05-2021, 07:52 PM
When government and corporations work together against or for a group, we are truly in trouble. I no longer buy from many places. But it seems to be getting to a point, where the preppers are onto something. Cash will do us no good either. We need to prep. Thanks to one of your posts the other day Jim, I have new email and have fixed my privacy data as best as I can. Yeah, I read your forum even when I am not logged in. :salute:
I've been prepping for years.

I know people like Jim will barter anything for coffee. I'm not a coffe drinker but that's my barter for now.

LongTermGuy
02-06-2021, 05:43 AM

I know people like Jim will barter anything for coffee. I'm not a coffe drinker but that's my barter for now.

https://44uc8dkwa8q3f5b66w13vilg-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/BP-recipe-new-heade-752x401.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Yet Apple, etc., don’t want to help catch murderers and child molesters. Because of “privacy issues”. Yeah, right.

Gunny
02-07-2021, 12:38 PM

I know people like Jim will barter anything for coffee. I'm not a coffe drinker but that's my barter for now.I've managed to get most of my field gear up to snuff this past year. It's all based on the premise of low-tech gear. Meaning, I been around long enough that I might miss the convenience of my cell, but I was around a long time before it was.

SassyLady
02-07-2021, 06:06 PM
I've managed to get most of my field gear up to snuff this past year. It's all based on the premise of low-tech gear. Meaning, I been around long enough that I might miss the convenience of my cell, but I was around a long time before it was.

Talk about low tech ...I have access to a 1938 Chevy. Should run as long as we can get fuel. If not, neighbors have horses we can use.

Gunny
02-08-2021, 06:37 PM
Talk about low tech ...I have access to a 1938 Chevy. Should run as long as we can get fuel. If not, neighbors have horses we can use.I already thought about getting a mule. Seriously. I'm not humping this gear at my age. Mules will outlast horses, and in fact, can run a horse down. Mule can carry a lot more than a horse as well.

38 Chevy, huh? My truck is low tech as far as being bugged is concerned. Has an electronic ignition and fuel injectors. Other than that, old school. No computer and no tracking devices. Texas itself is taking care of the once bright red paint :laugh:

SassyLady
02-09-2021, 12:05 AM
Mules are good.