PDA

View Full Version : Term Limits

SassyLady
02-06-2021, 01:25 AM
https://conventionofstates.com/

Go here to read about what needs to happen for imposing term limits on congress.

And .. if you're interested go to latest news tab to see how big tech is banning info about the COS.

LongTermGuy
02-06-2021, 05:34 AM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WLbYWOorab8/Wh2ER9o8BOI/AAAAAAABSEM/GfufSGlzW3s7e8x1bjqX7QA8xmHs_N94ACLcBGAs/s1600/1_190m_ozz85jBHdq1vv6xe0o1_1280.jpg

KarlMarx
02-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Convention of States is the way to go. In such a case, they can propose amendments to the Constitution, including repeal of existing ones

My suggestions.

1. Term limits for Senators (2 terms or 12 years), Congressmen (4 terms or 8 years), and Supreme Court Justices (10 years)
2. Repeal of the 17th amendment (election of Senators by the People) and return that back to the States
3. Repeal of the 16th amendment (established the Income Tax), which has been a bedrock of wealth distribution by the Left. Instead, replace it with a national Consumption Tax, i.e. Sales Tax. This is the closer to original intent of the Framers
4. Balanced Budget Amendment
5. A national voter ID Amendment as well as other election reforms to make the shenanigans of the past year illegal
6. Allow recall of Congressmen and Senators by a recall election by the voters of a state
7. Allow repeal of Congressional laws by a recall election of the voters
8. Require an end-of-life of all government programs with a well defined set of criteria, which would be annually reviewed. If the criteria are not met, the program is removed.
9. Require a maximum number of federal regulations, for each new one passed, at least one should be repealed.
10. Change the Constitution to count the number of CITIZENS, rather than people in the census. Immigrants should not be represented in Congress.
11. Make Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, and the Squad swim the Pacific naked with a 200 pound sack of shark bait strapped to their backs (OK, just kidding but I can dream, can't I?)

fj1200
02-06-2021, 11:54 AM
https://conventionofstates.com/

Go here to read about whatneedsto happen for imposing term limits on congress.

And .. if go to latest news tab to see how big tech is banning info about the COS.

I disagree with term limits. If you're concerned about the deep state can you imagine if you require new elected officials any 8-12 years. The power of the entrenched will skyrocket.

Convention of States is the way to go. In such a case, they can propose amendments to the Constitution, including repeal of existing ones

My suggestions.

1. Term limits for Senators (2 terms or 12 years), Congressmen (4 terms or 8 years), and Supreme Court Justices (10 years)
2. Repeal of the 17th amendment (election of Senators by the People) and return that back to the States
3. Repeal of the 16th amendment (established the Income Tax), which has been a bedrock of wealth distribution by the Left. Instead, replace it with a national Consumption Tax, i.e. Sales Tax. This is the closer to original intent of the Framers
5. A national voter ID Amendment as well as other election reforms to make the shenanigans of the past year illegal
6. Allow recall of Congressmen and Senators by a recall election by the voters of a state
8. Require an end-of-life of all government programs with a well defined set of criteria, which would be annually reviewed. If the criteria are not met, the program is removed.
9. Require a maximum number of federal regulations, for each new one passed, at least one should be repealed.
10. Change the Constitution to count the number of CITIZENS, rather than people in the census. Immigrants should not be represented in Congress.
11. Make Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, and the Squad swim the Pacific naked with a 200 pound sack of shark bait strapped to their backs (OK, just kidding but I can dream, can't I?)

Some good, some bad, can you imagine the outrage around here if the Dems recommended a national voter ID law?

KarlMarx
02-06-2021, 12:51 PM
That's strange

When I go to the doctor, I have to show photo ID

When I get my Corona-virus, I have to show photo ID

Even here, you cannot post without authenticating your identity.

But when I vote, I guess my word is good enough?

We have enhanced and REAL IDs instead of driver's licenses. I know people who don't drive that have photo IDs from their local governments.

The arguments against photo ID do not hold water.

No, a photo ID should be required before you vote as well as a total and complete ban on mail in balloting, with prison time for violators.

P.S. Yes, I think we should build more prisons. It would create jobs and give a place for rats like AOC, Pelosi, and Schumer a place to go to if they got what was truly coming to them

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-06-2021, 01:13 PM
That's strange

When I go to the doctor, I have to show photo ID

When I get my Corona-virus, I have to show photo ID

Even here, you cannot post without authenticating your identity.

But when I vote, I guess my word is good enough?

We have enhanced and REAL IDs instead of driver's licenses. I know people who don't drive that have photo IDs from their local governments.

The arguments against photo ID do not hold water.

No, a photo ID should be required before you vote as well as a total and complete ban on mail in balloting, with prison time for violators.

P.S. Yes, I think we should build more prisons. It would create jobs and give a place for rats like AOC, Pelosi, and Schumer a place to go to if they got what was truly coming to them

So damn well said and definitely puts to shame the silly reasoning of those crying no ID should be required!!
The very concept of declaring that no ID needed for voting is somehow just and reasonable is in itself absolutely ridiculous and insane..
Even those that make that crazy cry are doing so for biased political favor/reasoning. And even in that they are admitting to utter hypocrisy and
a lack of even a small shred of common sense, imho.
Good grief--if ever lunacy was paraded that cry is it....
Of course such is to be expected from dems/liberals, imho...
As they so dearly want voter fraud.. -Tyr

fj1200
02-06-2021, 01:47 PM
Not sure anyone indicated no voter ID. :dunno:

But how quickly we denounce Federalism. I guess not quickly; started about 4 years ago.

fj1200
02-06-2021, 01:50 PM
But to your list my favorite is repealing the 17th and requiring the states legislatures to do their constitional job of appointing senators; Prior to the 17th many had already abdicated their responsibility to the voters. Second favorite would be the fair tax. I would add requiring run off elections for all federal elections; electors, senators, and representatives, two weeks after the general election. I think it would encourage 3rd party voters.

And FWIW I think repealing the 17th would solve many of the other things on the list anyway.

SassyLady
02-06-2021, 09:33 PM
I disagree with term limits. If you're concerned about the deep state can you imagine if you require new elected officials any 8-12 years. The power of the entrenched will skyrocket.

I don't understand your logic. Please elaborate. Aren't they currently entrenched? Are you saying congress is the deep state?

fj1200
02-07-2021, 08:16 AM
I don't understand your logic. Please elaborate. Aren't they currently entrenched? Are you saying congress is the deep state?

Congress critters rely on staff, lobbyists, etc. and probably more so in their early careers. Once someone starts to get the hang of the job you've told them that they can't do it anymore. Do you think McConnell could have gotten all the judges confirmed as effectively if he'd only been there for no more than 12 years?

I don't buy into the deep state but to the extent that they exist you've just ramped up their power.

Gunny
02-07-2021, 12:09 PM

My suggestions.

11. Make Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, and the Squad swim the Pacific naked with a 200 pound sack of shark bait strapped to their backs (OK, just kidding but I can dream, can't I?)Just kidding, my ass. That last proposal is the best I've seen in awhile. Make it a 10 pound sack of shark bait (don't want them sinking too far), and the South China Sea.

SassyLady
02-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Congress critters rely on staff, lobbyists, etc. and probably more so in their early careers. Once someone starts to get the hang of the job you've told them that they can't do it anymore. Do you think McConnell could have gotten all the judges confirmed as effectively if he'd only been there for no more than 12 years?

I don't buy into the deep state but to the extent that they exist you've just ramped up their power.

If that's the only reason to not have term limits then I'm not convinced. What you're saying is congress are just pawns of the bureaucrats. Then why reelect anyone? Give them lifetime appointments.

Maybe if they didn't focus so much time on reelection they'd actually get something done.

fj1200
02-07-2021, 08:39 PM
If that's the only reason to not have term limits then I'm not convinced. What you're saying is congress are just pawns of the bureaucrats. Then why reelect anyone? Give them lifetime appointments.

Maybe if they didn't focus so much time on reelection they'd actually get something done.

Not saying that at all. When you think about it I'm saying the opposite.

But you're also taking away the choice of people to vote for whom they wish. But it's not going to happen any time soon so we can agree to disagree. :)

SassyLady
02-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Not saying that at all. When you think about it I'm saying the opposite.

But you're also taking away the choice of people to vote for whom they wish. But it's not going to happen any time soon so we can agree to disagree. :)

Agree to disagree. You haven't convinced me term limits are bad.

LongTermGuy
02-09-2021, 09:49 PM
We need turd limits...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et0I282XYAAMwdI?format=jpg&name=900x900