PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Vaxxers Who Shut Down Dodger Stadium Plot Creepy Sequel

jimnyc
02-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Look, I too just stated I had some concerns myself about any reactions to getting the vaccine. But the worries/reactions are extremely limited overall. And really the only harmful one is the anaphylaxis shock of which an epipen would take care of. I yeah, I recommend myself that folks get it in a doctor setting - but it ain't killing everyone & folks aren't getting autism as a result. :rolleyes:

And now nurses are nazis? War criminals? And not just rhetoric, but at least one twitnit claiming they are "legally" criminals. Idiocy.

And after the stunt they pulled at Dodger Stadium, I believe if folks go out and cause such massive disruptions to people in need - hold them more than accountable - as in arrested and jailed.

And note that much of their bullshit is apparently being discussed and tossed around on Facebook. Even groups dedicated to it. Yay facebook. :rolleyes:

---

Anti-Vaxxers Who Shut Down Dodger Stadium Plot Creepy Sequel

They already temporarily sabotaged one of the largest vaccine sites in America. Get ready for more, powered by a deluded new fantasy comparing nurses to Nazis.

The video is everywhere in the comments sections of anti-vaccination Facebook pages. In it, a prominent vaccine opponent makes false claims about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.

Then he goes on to tell another dangerous lie.

“Legally,” he says, “all those people giving vaccinations are war criminals. I’ll repeat that. Legally, all those people giving vaccinations are war criminals.”

This claim—which cites a bogus legal theory based on Nazi war crime trials—is not true. That hasn’t stopped conspiracy theorists from spamming it in Facebook comments and uploading it across the internet, where individual clips have received more than 100,000 views. Meanwhile, conspiracy theorists are planning new in-person demonstrations outside vaccination sites. One, a sequel to a now-notorious event that shut down one of the largest such sites in America at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, is being organized by a vaccination opponent who himself accuses health-care workers of war crimes, The Daily Beast has learned.

It’s the new front of the COVID-denialist right—and it’s veering increasingly toward targeting the individuals providing Americans with vaccines.

In anti-vaccination Facebook groups and Telegram channels, some users are furiously familiarizing themselves with the Nuremberg Code, a 1947 document laid down at the Nuremberg war crimes tribunal that prescribed new guidelines against forced medical experiments. Those rules came in response to the horrors of the Holocaust, during which Nazi doctors conducted cruel procedures on non-consenting subjects.

Ongoing COVID-19 vaccinations, which provide safe inoculation to consenting patients, do not come anywhere remotely close to violating the guidelines laid out in the post-Holocaust code. Nevertheless, a viral video and multiple spin-offs falsely suggest that, under the Nuremberg Code, doctors and nurses who provide the COVID-19 vaccine are akin to SS officers.

Rest - https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-vaxxers-plot-new-la-protest-as-conspiracy-theory-about-war-criminal-docs-spreads