PDA

View Full Version : Parler is back!

jimnyc
02-15-2021, 12:51 PM
I like it better than Gab. But Gab worked when it wanted to and was too problematic for me. And then very little friends on there.

So Parler is back and any login info is the same and everything was saved.

NightTrain
02-15-2021, 01:23 PM
I like it better than Gab. But Gab worked when it wanted to and was too problematic for me. And then very little friends on there.

Still showing offline and the last update was back on 1/21.

jimnyc
02-15-2021, 02:50 PM
Still showing offline and the last update was back on 1/21.

Hmmmm... been peeking around all day and no issues here. You using laptop or app? Hard refresh? Kill cookies and all that and try again? Odd as there were also updates on the front page beyond the 21st as well.

Right now:

https://i.imgur.com/jdey5Gvh.png

jimnyc
02-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Btw - parler.com load for anyone else?

SassyLady
02-15-2021, 02:56 PM

GAB is working good now. Tried Parler and didn't like. Plus they are still censoring posts about vaccine risks.

jimnyc
02-15-2021, 03:09 PM
It is loading well for me today! Ok though, I'll keep giving it a chance. I guess what lured me in initially to FB was that my feed was all friends, and then easy to keep in touch. But Gab so far is just the small bunch of mostly news or politicians in my feed, and no friends. I know I can easily find their profiles though. But I guess that issue is population. If and when it gets fill larger and more friends come over, then more of their posts will show up. Right now, the only 2 I have on there is you and NT!!

Abbey Marie
02-15-2021, 04:07 PM
Btw - parler.com load for anyone else?

I didn’t log in, but it loaded just fine.

NightTrain
02-15-2021, 05:46 PM
Working now.... kinda.

I've signed up for both, I have a suspicion that only one will be the competitor to take on FB and Twits. Also, I think Trump already had a Parler account, so that'll be an obvious advantage right out of the gate.

jimnyc
02-16-2021, 03:12 PM
Working now.... kinda.

I've signed up for both, I have a suspicion that only one will be the competitor to take on FB and Twits. Also, I think Trump already had a Parler account, so that'll be an obvious advantage right out of the gate.

Yup, I think only one CAN work overall. Think about it, masses of friends, masses of news agencies, and most of them will pick one or the other, not both. So for now I have both. :laugh: I'll slowly pop around until more arrive at the winner and then I'm there! I don't like censoring so I am hopeful that Gab wins out.

SassyLady
02-17-2021, 12:15 AM
It is loading well for me today! Ok though, I'll keep giving it a chance. I guess what lured me in initially to FB was that my feed was all friends, and then easy to keep in touch. But Gab so far is just the small bunch of mostly news or politicians in my feed, and no friends. I know I can easily find their profiles though. But I guess that issue is population. If and when it gets fill larger and more friends come over, then more of their posts will show up. Right now, the only 2 I have on there is you and NT!!

Go join some groups. Right now I'm reading a lot in the group about vaccine safety. I also post pics to the photography group. And the resin art group. Oh, and the rural life and homesteading groups. There's a lot to learn but you have to go to the group section. I've been lurking around the Qanon group just to see what the fuss is all about. Their coding is over my head.

SassyLady
02-17-2021, 12:16 AM
Does Parler have ads? That's what I like about GAB. no ads getting in the way.

jimnyc
02-17-2021, 12:39 PM
Does Parler have ads? That's what I like about GAB. no ads getting in the way.

Gab does have ads actually, just not in the slightest intrusive. You likely have an ad blocker or something? But their "ads" are different too, and are more like promotions from within.

Part of upgrading to Gb pro offers this even, which is light advertising IMO. Still stuff ya didn't ask for - but not tracking anyone and not selling you shit at least.

No Ads
Remove all promoted posts in your Gab Social feeds.

I know Parler promotes from within as well. I do use "Ad Blocker" anyway on all sites, so I don't see anything. But temporarily not using it and no ads that I see those few times I did that.

So looks like both do advertising of the same methods, but not tracking you and no in your face advertising selling things. I really don't mind either of the sites offering promotions and upgrades of sorts to make $$$.