PDA

View Full Version : About A Turncoat, A Loathsome Little Worm

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2021, 08:00 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-most-dangerous-these-3-republicans-have-broken-with-mitch-mcconnell-to-stand-with-trump/ar-BB1dK0kV?ocid=msedgdhp

Newsweek
'The Most Dangerous': These 3 Republicans Have Broken With Mitch McConnell to Stand With Trump
Daniel Villarreal 12 hrs ago

Three Republican congress members have criticized Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell for his February 13 speech blaming Donald Trump for inciting the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol.

Mitch McConnell wearing a suit and glasses: At least five notable Republicans have broken with Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky over McConnell's speech blaming Trump for inciting the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol. In this February 5, 2019 photo, McConnell speaks to members of the media as Republican Wyoming Senator John Barrasso listens after a weekly Senate Republican Policy Luncheon at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC.© Alex Wong/Getty At least five notable Republicans have broken with Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky over McConnell's speech blaming Trump for inciting the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol. In this February 5, 2019 photo, McConnell speaks to members of the media as Republican Wyoming Senator John Barrasso listens after a weekly Senate Republican Policy Luncheon at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC.
Their criticism amplifies a growing rift in the Republican party between its pro-Trump faction and those eager to distance the GOP from Trump following the insurrection and the Republican party's loss of both the White House and the Senate during Trump's presidency.

In a Tuesday letter, Trump himself has blamed McConnell for the GOP's loss of the Senate.

On February 13, McConnell voted to acquit Trump in the impeachment trial accusing him of inciting the insurrection. But afterward, McConnell made a speech blaming Trump for starting the uprising. In his speech, McConnell said he voted to acquit Trump merely because he believed the Senate lacked the Constitutional jurisdiction to convict a president who is no longer in office.

Pause
Current Time 1:05
/
Duration 1:09
Unmute
HQ
CaptionFull screen
Stacey Plaskett: Trump Wanted His Mob To ‘Assassinate The Vice President’
On Monday, Florida Representative Matt Gaetz criticized McConnell in a Fox News interview, calling him part of the "new incarnations in the Republican party from those trying to purge Trumpism from our movement."

"Frankly, the most dangerous was Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell," Gaetz said, "who took to the floor and essentially gave the Biden Justice Department cover to prosecute the president, his son, even his supporters who didn't engage in any violent conduct on January 6th."

Gaetz was referring to McConnell's comments in which the Senate Minority Leader said of the insurrectionists, "These criminals were carrying his banners. Hanging his flags and screaming their loyalty to him."

In his February 13 speech, McConnell also said of Trump, "President Trump is still liable for everything he did while in office. He didn't get away with anything yet. We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation."

On Monday, Republican Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson also criticized McConnell's remarks.

"Providing a scathing speech on the floor of the Senate, that does not reflect who I think the majority of our conference," Johnson said in a Monday interview with conservative radio host Jay Weber. "He has to realize as our leader.... what he says reflects on us, right? He's representing the entire caucus."

Johnson said McConnell's comments threaten to divide the GOP when it needs to unite to defeat Democrats' "regulatory reforms" and regain control of Congress.

In a Sunday interview with Fox News, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said that McConnell's speech "is an outlier regarding how Republicans feel about all this." While McConnell "got a load off his chest," Graham said, he "unfortunately he put a load on the back of Republicans."

"That speech you will see in 2022 campaigns," Graham said. "Imagine if you're a Republican running in Arizona or Georgia or New Hampshire, where we have a chance to take back the Senate, they may be playing Senator McConnell's speech and asking you about it as a candidate. And I imagine if you're an incumbent Republican there are going to be people asking you if will you support Sen. McConnell in the future."

There are only a few things in this world that I despise more than a damn turncoat.
McConnell had no reason, no good purpose in giving such aid, such cover to the stinking dems and their vindictive TDS agenda.
By doing so he in essence spit on 75 million Americans-- you know 75 million he is supposed to represent.
Now he should himself be investigated , imho.
And I hope that investigation destroys the ffing worm...-Tyr

fj1200
02-17-2021, 09:41 AM
Turning on the one man who is most responsible for any positive legacy trump had. Classic.

Gunny
02-17-2021, 11:51 AM
Turning on the one man who is most responsible for any positive legacy trump had. Classic.BS. McConnell's got the spine of a jellyfish, Trump or no. I haven't forgotten how long it took him to quit vacillating and support Trump from the start. He's doing just what the majority of Republicans have been trying to do for decades -- sit on the middle of the fence.

Not real hard to see through. Let us not mix apples and oranges as "some" are wont to do and try playing games of semantics. My comment is solely about MCConnell. That yellow stripe down his back didn't appear nor disappear with Trump. He's had it on his own all along.

jimnyc
02-17-2021, 12:31 PM
BS. McConnell's got the spine of a jellyfish, Trump or no. I haven't forgotten how long it took him to quit vacillating and support Trump from the start. He's doing just what the majority of Republicans have been trying to do for decades -- sit on the middle of the fence.

Not real hard to see through. Let us not mix apples and oranges as "some" are wont to do and try playing games of semantics. My comment is solely about MCConnell. That yellow stripe down his back didn't appear nor disappear with Trump. He's had it on his own all along.

I think they all did nothing more than do what was politically advantageous for them, and now continue to do so, and will on and on. No worry of constituency or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2021, 01:22 PM
BS. McConnell's got the spine of a jellyfish, Trump or no. I haven't forgotten how long it took him to quit vacillating and support Trump from the start. He's doing just what the majority of Republicans have been trying to do for decades -- sit on the middle of the fence.

Voice of sanity and reason speaketh.
As opposed to that of wholesale bias, ignorance, liberal stupidity and corruption.
McConnell is a worthless douchebag , imho.
I'd spit on the ffing bsstrrddd..--Tyr

fj1200
02-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Oh please. Any honest look at the last 4 years had McConnell pushing through tax cuts, judicial appointments, etc. to advance the conservative agenda even with trump not really being conservative.

trump would push over a little old grandma if she dared cross him.

Gunny
02-17-2021, 03:18 PM
Oh please. Any honest look at the last 4 years had McConnell pushing through tax cuts, judicial appointments, etc. to advance the conservative agenda even with trump not really being conservative.

trump would push over a little old grandma if she dared cross him.Correction: Had McConnell succumbing to the pressure to support the Republican President whether he liked him or not. Reluctantly doing what he needed to do for his own ass isn't because he gives a rat's ass about anyone but him.

Mitch McConnel is THE poster boy for everything wrong in the Republican't Party. He and the rest of his "Contract with America" crew that haven't delivered as of 25 years later need to quit. Or join the Democrat Party and quit trying to blow smoke up our asses. He doesn't care if he's Majority Leader or not. Pay's the same. Same with the rest of the damned necon RINO's holding down spots in Congress.

fj1200
02-17-2021, 05:37 PM
Correction: Had McConnell succumbing to the pressure to support the Republican President whether he liked him or not. Reluctantly doing what he needed to do for his own ass isn't because he gives a rat's ass about anyone but him.

Mitch McConnel is THE poster boy for everything wrong in the Republican't Party. He and the rest of his "Contract with America" crew that haven't delivered as of 25 years later need to quit. Or join the Democrat Party and quit trying to blow smoke up our asses. He doesn't care if he's Majority Leader or not. Pay's the same. Same with the rest of the damned necon RINO's holding down spots in Congress.

That's just ridiculous. There wasn't any reluctance in McConnell pushing through agenda items he's been waiting for years to be in a position to push through. The Republicans have not been in power for the past 25 years to push through everything they would want. We can all wish for more but the reality is that nobody can just snap their fingers and get what they want. It's not his fault that he weathered BO for 8 years.

There's reality and there's not cow-towing to a self-indulgent man child. It's beyond me why anyone bends over backward for him. Complaining about RINOs who almost entirely vote conservative is going to backfire at some point when someone like Collins loses to a democrat.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2021, 07:35 PM
Correction: Had McConnell succumbing to the pressure to support the Republican President whether he liked him or not. Reluctantly doing what he needed to do for his own ass isn't because he gives a rat's ass about anyone but him.

He is trying to cover his own ass by jumping on the bandwagon with the ffing Trump haters.
Guy is a dishonorable piece of shit-- therefore he should fit right in with the dem party..
Of course the dems will take anything he gives them if it agrees with them but still hate his guts and always seek a way to destroy him too.-Tyr

Gunny
02-17-2021, 07:35 PM
That's just ridiculous. There wasn't any reluctance in McConnell pushing through agenda items he's been waiting for years to be in a position to push through. The Republicans have not been in power for the past 25 years to push through everything they would want. We can all wish for more but the reality is that nobody can just snap their fingers and get what they want. It's not his fault that he weathered BO for 8 years.

There's reality and there's not cow-towing to a self-indulgent man child. It's beyond me why anyone bends over backward for him. Complaining about RINOs who almost entirely vote conservative is going to backfire at some point when someone like Collins loses to a democrat.You may have a short memory. I do not. McConnell wasn't "happy to push through" anything.

And, the Democrats seem to have no problem pushing through what they want. They just do it.

Let's stay on topic: McConnell. You keep trying to interject Trump. McConnell's comments absolve McConnell and deflect attention to a former President. Apparently, McConnell focused your attention as he intended.

KarlMarx
02-17-2021, 07:44 PM
McConnell and his wife’s family have a business set up with a Chinese State owned shipping company. McConnell should be investigated for possible violations if federal laws regarding the Emoluments clause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icansayit
02-17-2021, 09:31 PM
WE CANNOT and SHOULD NEVER...."TRUST" ANY POLITICIAN!

LongTermGuy
02-17-2021, 10:18 PM

:clap::cool:

Abbey Marie
02-18-2021, 12:30 AM

There's reality and there's not cow-towing to a self-indulgent man child. It's beyond me why anyone bends over backward for him. Complaining about RINOs who almost entirely vote conservative is going to backfire at some point when someone like Collins loses to a democrat.

With Congress, the media, and probably the USSC, on his side, you will see Biden snap his fingers and get what he (or his handlers) want, over and over.

fj1200
02-18-2021, 08:26 AM
You may have a short memory. I do not. McConnell wasn't "happy to push through" anything.

And, the Democrats seem to have no problem pushing through what they want. They just do it.

Let's stay on topic: McConnell. You keep trying to interject Trump. McConnell's comments absolve McConnell and deflect attention to a former President. Apparently, McConnell focused your attention as he intended.

:rolleyes: You might want to review the thread. I don't care what McConnell said and wasn't paying any attention to it until trump threw another tantrum, but that's not really news either.

The facts in this thread are 1. trump is loyal to no one and is thus not deserving of loyalty. 2. McConnell pushed through an agenda that would not have gone as far without him.

fj1200
02-18-2021, 08:28 AM
McConnell and his wife’s family have a business set up with a Chinese State owned shipping company. McConnell should be investigated for possible violations if federal laws regarding the Emoluments clause

Wow, the knives are coming out. Your comments were funny and laughed at when democrats trotted out the emoluments clause.

With Congress, the media, and probably the USSC, on his side, you will see Biden snap his fingers and get what he (or his handlers) want, over and over.

And? But why does trump want to drive a wedge? Oh yeah, he's a petty child.

Kathianne
02-18-2021, 09:50 AM
Wow, the knives are coming out. Your comments were funny and laughed at when democrats trotted out the emoluments clause.

I pretty much agree with you. IMO, Mitch was so right on his observations regarding 1/6 and the damage cost to the country even if that event hadn't happened, just the hammering at the resulting 'loss of voice' according to the 'big steal.'

At the same time, I admit that I find fighting the wave of willingness to follow this path shows no sign of receding. So, I'm spending what time I have to look for like-minded folks that are considering those who might be willing to address the increasingly dangerous divide in our country. I've discovered that there are folks out there, as I pretty much always assumed, that are not wanting 'war' with those they share a country with. They don't find name calling an answer, but agree that we need some serious attention to what is and has been happening regarding the extreme ends of both political parties-the extremists with over proportional influence of both now.

For the most part, again just my opinion, I've concluded it useless to talk politics to those wedded to a populist ideology or person-be it a Trump and working for his revenge filled future or 'social justice warriors' that wish to silence any and all that do not fall in their current causes and language.

Some of the above are my friends and family. I do NOT dislike or wish to cut any of them off. I also am working to avoid engaging in too much political discussion in order to avoid bad feelings, which pretty much is a reflection of my belief that even the more extreme, (at least those who only trash talk and would not participate in violence, even while 'understanding' those 'pushed' to do so), are not bad people, just working through emotion more than other factors. Due to the emotion driven politics, there currently seems to be few paths or even desire to work on any consensus or compromise, for even the idea is abhorrent of working with the devil.

Sad times, though I pray that something brings us back to the realization that without finding some common ground, we're doomed regarding a republican form of government.

fj1200
02-18-2021, 10:36 AM
I pretty much agree with you. IMO, Mitch was so right on his observations regarding 1/6 and the damage cost to the country even if that event hadn't happened, just the hammering at the resulting 'loss of voice' according to the 'big steal.'

At the same time, I admit that I find fighting the wave of willingness to follow this path shows no sign of receding. So, I'm spending what time I have to look for like-minded folks that are considering those who might be willing to address the increasingly dangerous divide in our country. I've discovered that there are folks out there, as I pretty much always assumed, that are not wanting 'war' with those they share a country with. They don't find name calling an answer, but agree that we need some serious attention to what is and has been happening regarding the extreme ends of both political parties-the extremists with over proportional influence of both now.

For the most part, again just my opinion, I've concluded it useless to talk politics to those wedded to a populist ideology or person-be it a Trump and working for his revenge filled future or 'social justice warriors' that wish to silence any and all that do not fall in their current causes and language.

Some of the above are my friends and family. I do NOT dislike or wish to cut any of them off. I also am working to avoid engaging in too much political discussion in order to avoid bad feelings, which pretty much is a reflection of my belief that even the more extreme, (at least those who only trash talk and would not participate in violence, even while 'understanding' those 'pushed' to do so), are not bad people, just working through emotion more than other factors. Due to the emotion driven politics, there currently seems to be few paths or even desire to work on any consensus or compromise, for even the idea is abhorrent of working with the devil.

Sad times, though I pray that something brings us back to the realization that without finding some common ground, we're doomed regarding a republican form of government.

Yes. But I gotta say I just don't understand the acceptance of behavior on the right from those who would have howled if the left had done anything near as despicable. I guess I'll just continue to shake my head in hoping that this subsides... I'm not hopeful.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2021, 10:47 AM

And what? YOU said no one can just “snap their fingers and get what they want”. I disagree. Biden can and will.

Kathianne
02-18-2021, 10:48 AM
Yes. But I gotta say I just don't understand the acceptance of behavior on the right from those who would have howled if the left had done anything near as despicable. I guess I'll just continue to shake my head in hoping that this subsides... I'm not hopeful.

I think that I've come to the point where I accept there are many 'conservatives' that are permanently wedded to both Trump the man and what they are convinced he 'means.' What I've always had problems understanding is how they can accept and amplify the constant attacks on those that helped, actually pulled his policies and his election over the line-like McConnell, like Ryan, like Sessions. Even with 1/6, he showed no concern regarding Mike Pence, who'd already given all he had to not only back up Trump, but even mitigate any missteps. There are no excuses for any of these men from the Trump supporters, indeed all of these men will continue to be vilified by the far right from now on.

None of this is to give cover or excuses from anything going on with the left. Yes, they are still more violent and still as unyielding. Then again, I've not allied with any of their premises in my adult life. They are not 'my people,' though they are my countrymen and we do need to find a way to co-exist. If not, it's not going to be ideology or principles in danger, they will not longer exist, for any of us.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2021, 10:52 AM
I’ve been thinking, btw, all this kumbaya from the Dems now that they are in power is rather transparent. Where was the push for unity when Trump was in office? I must have missed it.

fj1200
02-18-2021, 10:53 AM
And what? YOU said no one can just “ snap their fingers and get what they want”. I disagree. Biden can and will.

Not really but whatever. Elections have consequences.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2021, 10:56 AM

Not really what?

fj1200
02-18-2021, 11:01 AM
Not really what?

Get what he wants. But to the extent that he can, elections have consequences. I'm not sure what your line of thought has on the topic though. trump's agenda took McConnell just as biden's agenda will take Schumer.

Kathianne
02-18-2021, 11:05 AM
Even with the Senate results in GA, the message now is that it was not Trump's fault. Not that he badgered GA officials, perhaps with criminal consequences. Nothing is ever a direct result of his actions-he really is a lot like Cuomo or vice versa. Maybe it's 'the NY way?'

Cuomo killed the elderly; Trump killed the will of thousands to vote with 'Stop the Steal.'

A word, please. There are processes for dealing with troubling events. Cuomo needed to apologize for wasting all that Trump had given him from ship to doctors/nurses to $$ for Javits center, etc. Cuomo failed and he wasted. Then he lied. Then he covered up. He threw blame everywhere, even on the elderly and their families.

There are processes to address much of what happened even with pandemic. When governors began to issue edicts, no legislation, there were courts and there were appeal processes. Instead a preventative failsafe was created regarding any loss-it was fraud or rigging of machines. I've no doubt there were a myriad of problems with the covid edicts and the results that followed. I'm also certain that Trump's words, behaviors had turned more elderly to Biden voters, than his results driven policies turned minority voters to Trump.

At the end of the day I think Trump policies will eventually be looked at for their results. So will his behaviors. I think the polices will be judged beneficial, but his behaviors will have tarnished his reputation along the likes of Nixon and Clinton.

gabosaurus
02-18-2021, 02:36 PM
If not for McConnell, Obama would have pushed through Garland for the Supreme Court. McConnell ran interference for Trump programs and policies for four years. Without pressure from McConnell, Trump would have been impeached the first time. And no Trump Supreme Court nominees would have been confirmed. Donald Trump cares about one person -- Donald Trump. There are Republicans politicians who supported Trump for four years. But when he asked them to break the law and buy into unbelievable conspiracy theories, some refused. Now Trump has turned on them. You are either Republican or Trumpian.

icansayit
02-18-2021, 03:38 PM
If not for McConnell, Obama would have pushed through Garland for the Supreme Court. McConnell ran interference for Trump programs and policies for four years. Without pressure from McConnell, Trump would have been impeached the first time. And no Trump Supreme Court nominees would have been confirmed. Donald Trump cares about one person -- Donald Trump. There are Republicans politicians who supported Trump for four years. But when he asked them to break the law and buy into unbelievable conspiracy theories, some refused. Now Trump has turned on them. You are either Republican or Trumpian.

Show us when and where TRUMP ever asked, or told ANYONE to BREAK ANY LAW?

Bet your real last name might be...Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Waters, or any of more than 100 other Liars you could be related to.

Gunny
02-19-2021, 12:14 PM
:rolleyes: You might want to review the thread. I don't care what McConnell said and wasn't paying any attention to it until trump threw another tantrum, but that's not really news either.

The facts in this thread are 1. trump is loyal to no one and is thus not deserving of loyalty. 2. McConnell pushed through an agenda that would not have gone as far without him.

Thread is about McConnell. Look at the thread title.

The Senate Majority Leader pushed through The President's policies because that's his job. Dragging his feet to see which way the wind was going to blow in the Republican party as far as supporting Trump was concerned was not his job.

Kathianne
02-19-2021, 01:21 PM

The Senate Majority Leader pushed through The President's policies because that's his job. Dragging his feet to see which way the wind was going to blow in the Republican party as far as supporting Trump was concerned was not his job.
Actually it kind of is, his job is to decide when to back or not according to keep seats. McConnell became more plain speaking as it became clear that Trump was going nuclear og GA Senate races as he was losing on all fronts. Together with Lin Wood Trump energized Dems while suppressing his own base. Here we Re, batching about Biden win and the shabby treatment of Trump.

jimnyc
02-19-2021, 03:10 PM
I’ve been thinking, btw, all this kumbaya from the Dems now that they are in power is rather transparent. Where was the push for unity when Trump was in office? I must have missed it.

There is zero desire for true unity from the democrats. That's all nothing more than show, and also a call for those who they shit on for 4 years to now in turn accept them. :rolleyes:

But that's about all the transparency you're going to see.

Then the media, they're sickening. They were the most hatred filled people for over 4 years, and now they sit on their elbows just admiring the democrats with a loving glaze and can hardly find themselves asking them anything tough whatsoever. Some may do the right thing but no doubt that this wing of the democrats will also lie and cheat to help advance their agendas.

fj1200
02-19-2021, 04:36 PM

The thread title suggests McConnell because the man-child former POTUS is throwing a tantrum; the thread is about his tantrum. trump doesn't understand how much he owes to McConnell.

icansayit
02-19-2021, 04:41 PM
The thread title suggests McConnell because the man-child former POTUS is throwing a tantrum; the thread is about his tantrum. trump doesn't understand how much he owes to McConnell.

Everything you read on the Internet, and listen to the FAKE NEWS...said so...so they have to be absolutely right??? Right?

Just the same belief you have when that phone call you get from Kenya, and Nigeria promising YOU have won a MILLION DOLLARS, but you need to send them a few WALMART Gift cards worth $500 dollars in order to get YOUR Million????

fj1200
02-19-2021, 04:50 PM
Everything you read on the Internet, and listen to the FAKE NEWS...said so...so they have to be absolutely right??? Right?

Just the same belief you have when that phone call you get from Kenya, and Nigeria promising YOU have won a MILLION DOLLARS, but you need to send them a few WALMART Gift cards worth $500 dollars in order to get YOUR Million????

Nope. I understand how the Senate works and who has been the majority leader for the past 4 years.

Gunny
02-19-2021, 05:16 PM
The thread title suggests McConnell because the man-child former POTUS is throwing a tantrum; the thread is about his tantrum. trump doesn't understand how much he owes to McConnell.Again with Trump. You're the one with a Trump problem, not me. As I stated before, McConnell was a vacillating pussy before Trump.

You want to piss all over Trump, start a thread about it. I'm no fanboy. Neither do I discount he was a better President than Obama, and Ted Bundy would be on par with the current puppet occupying DC.

Meantime, McConnell is a vacillating pussy. He goes along to get along. Same as all the Trump haters, it seems. Just don't rock your boat and the criminal cabal in DC can do as they please :rolleyes: Says a lot about you and anyone else that puts their dislike for one man above what's best for this nation to point of allowing criminals to take over.

icansayit
02-19-2021, 06:34 PM
Nope. I understand how the Senate works and who has been the majority leader for the past 4 years.

It must be getting easier for you to speak out of your :mooning2 these days. Next thing you should try is the PSAKI Method....and CIRCLE BACK by saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Gav52hOAxxE/maxresdefault.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/FJwreck.jpg

fj1200
02-20-2021, 11:47 AM
Again with Trump. You're the one with a Trump problem, not me. As I stated before, McConnell was a vacillating pussy before Trump.

You want to piss all over Trump, start a thread about it. I'm no fanboy. Neither do I discount he was a better President than Obama, and Ted Bundy would be on par with the current puppet occupying DC.

Meantime, McConnell is a vacillating pussy. He goes along to get along. Same as all the Trump haters, it seems. Just don't rock your boat and the criminal cabal in DC can do as they please :rolleyes: Says a lot about you and anyone else that puts their dislike for one man above what's best for this nation to point of allowing criminals to take over.

Whatever dude. Onward and upward.

fj1200
02-20-2021, 11:52 AM
....and CIRCLE BACK by saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!:

I like pictures, especially when they reference my username. :) Nice touch with the FJ cruiser. It means you put some real thought into it.

Gunny
02-20-2021, 12:00 PM
Whatever dude. Onward and upward.I was just thinking the same thing. Dude. Allowing your emotions to control your ability to think doesn't suit you and is quite out of character. If it wasn't for the cheesy semantics, I'd think you weren't the same FJ that used to post here.

fj1200
02-20-2021, 12:02 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Dude. Allowing your emotions to control your ability to think doesn't suit you and is quite out of character. If it wasn't for the cheesy semantics, I'd think you weren't the same FJ that used to post here.

On that you are incorrect. :) Thinking conservatively takes more thought these days.

Gunny
02-20-2021, 12:15 PM
On that you are incorrect. :) Thinking conservatively takes more thought these days.Not really. I didn't know conservative changed. Just the people that call themselves such have.

gabosaurus
02-20-2021, 02:21 PM
Do you have to belong to the Cult of Trump to be considered a "conservative" now?

Gunny
02-20-2021, 02:37 PM
Do you have to belong to the Cult of Trump to be considered a "conservative" now?You pretty much have to be a fascist to be a Democrat now. I know that much.

One doesn't have to even consider Donald Trump to assess Mitch McConnell.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-20-2021, 03:22 PM
Do you have to belong to the Cult of Trump to be considered a "conservative" now?

Glad to see you back my friend.
Trump was the only one that some of us knew was not afraid of the big bad Washington power machine or should I say Washington behemoth?
As to myself. I am not a cult member to any group- simply because I am too damn stubborn, too damn independent, too damn ready to fight,
and without undue ego-- "often too damn smart" to join in with those that are screaming based on emotion , and/or the basis of insufficient information.
And this my using my intelligence to actually seek and study lots of info on subjects I decide to speak to and speak about.
This as well.
What with time being at a premium -I most oft do not waste time with certain people that are what I call-- modern brainwashed and
very oft just too damn lazy to actually fact check what media/government spits out at them.
My dad taught me to speak about what I know --not so much about what other people try to tell me "what I know", that coming complete with their built in bias/agenda attached.
As to my usual way, I am always polite until I am disrespected, belittled or insulted.
A major reason that YOU AND I HAVE CIVIL CONVERSATIONS IS despite our differences we show respect and you have never insulted me , nor I you..
I can not say that about certain others here.-Tyr

icansayit
02-20-2021, 03:28 PM

Almost every American knows...the DNC, BLM, ANTIFA, and Most Democrat members of the Democrat party are in a CULT called The "DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST PARTY", A BRANCH OF THE "AMERICAN COMMUNIST PARTY".

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF ANY OF THOSE "CULTS?" Or will you deny your PANTS ARE ON FIRE?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Socialists_of_America
In the 2020 elections, at least thirty-six DSA members won office, earning more than 3.1 million votes.[81]

United States Congress
The DSA elected five of its members to the US House of Representatives, including incumbents Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY-14) and Rashida Tlaib (MI-13) and newly elected members Jamaal Bowman (NY-16) and Cori Bush (MO-1).[82] DSA members were unsuccessful in being elected to the House in West Virginia (WV-2), Mississippi (MS-1) and California (CA-12).[83][84][85][86]

In Tennessee, Marquita Bradshaw won the Democratic nomination for the 2020 Senate election in an upset.[87] Initially not nationally endorsed, she was endorsed by the Memphis-Midsouth chapter of DSA and after her victory in the primary she was also endorsed by the other Tennessee DSA chapters in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Middle and Northeast Tennessee. [88][89] She lost the general election against Bill Hagerty.

LongTermGuy
02-20-2021, 09:51 PM

Do you have to belong to the Cult of "yes we can" Obama to be considered a "Liberal / Leftist" now?
https://thegardengateblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/obama-stalin.jpg?w=690
https://tse3.explicit.bing.net/th?id=OIP.vdvhDRsmFhW6RkMLmjDd0gHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=312&h=176
https://freedomwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Biden-Obamas-Puppet.jpg

fj1200
02-21-2021, 08:18 AM
Not really. I didn't know conservative changed. Just the people that call themselves such have.

It didn't. You and I both know that. We agree much.

Abbey Marie
02-21-2021, 05:53 PM
Again with Trump. You're the one with a Trump problem, not me. As I stated before, McConnell was a vacillating pussy before Trump.

Here’s the thing: People that continue to show anger and disgust towards Trump, even after he’s out of office, remind me of Atheists. It’s not enough for Atheists to not believe in God. Many just continually mock believers and try to convince them to not believe too. Trump-haters still can’t let go, and want Trump supporters to “stop believing” in him. It’s not enough that I hate Trump, you must hate him too.

Why can’t people have their beliefs and opinions and just live their lives in the (often smug) damn-sure beliefs they have, and let others do the same? Why all the angst if they are so sure they are 100% correct?

icansayit
02-21-2021, 07:35 PM
Here’s the thing: People that continue to show anger and disgust towards Trump, even after he’s out of office, remind me of Atheists. It’s not enough for Atheists to not believe in God. Many just continually mock believers and try to convince them to not believe too. Trump-haters still can’t let go, and want Trump supporters to “stop believing” in him. It’s not enough that I hate Trump, you must hate him too.

Why can’t people have their beliefs and opinions and just live their lives in the (often smug) damn-sure beliefs they have, and let others do the same? Why all the angst if they are so sure they are 100% correct?

Those who continue to show that Anger, and Disgust are driven by a pure HATRED, and nothing less.
They have been self-satisfied with always believing in THE WORST because they fear being EXPOSED as the very same kind of people THEY CLAIM TO HATE.

There's an old proverb (I think) that says: "WHEN YOU PRACTICE TO HATE. YOU BECOME WHAT YOU HATE!"
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/2556-if-you-hate-a-person-you-hate-something-in-him
Hermann Hesse > Quotes > Quotable Quote
Hermann Hesse
“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”

― Hermann Hesse, Demian: Die Geschichte von Emil Sinclairs Jugend.

SO IT APPEARS "TDS" is more than just an imaginary sickness. There's a REAL LIVE Pandemic of "HATRED", and we can see it almost everywhere we go. That appears to be why SO MANY PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS ANGRY, THEY CAN'T LAUGH, AND REFUSE TO
"MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-21-2021, 09:08 PM

That is because they are totally ruled by their hatred and their immense desire for control. Something in them that demands we lesser beings must bow to them because they are the--"enlightened ones">> which points to their arrogance and blindness about life, truth and we as mortal beings, imho.
In face to face real life I simply tell such people shut the hell up and peddle your bullshit elsewhere.
Being that about 90% of them are all blather, "cowards" per say- that works well.
The very few times it didnt- lets just say they got more than their damn feelings hurt. nuff said..
As truly I suffer not gladly, such arrogant and so very often such bully type fools.
World operates on violence-they use it to punish the innocent-- I use it to punish the guilty- as in them.--Tyr

fj1200
02-21-2021, 10:00 PM
Here’s the thing:

I thought this thread was about McConnell. Why must people jump on hate-McConnell train just because people don't seem to understand how much he pushed through these past 4 years.

The rose colored glasses are most confusing.

icansayit
02-21-2021, 10:49 PM
I thought this thread was about McConnell. Why must people jump on hate-McConnell train just because people don't seem to understand how much he pushed through these past 4 years.

SO-CALLED Real Friends Do Not...BETRAY YOUR FRIENDSHIP.

Selfishness, career CYA, and Flip-flopping is the total nature of POLITICIANS.

They go where the wind is always at their back...it doesn't take courage to betray others.

Abbey Marie
02-23-2021, 12:01 AM

1. I didn’t do that.
2. McConnell is still in office and very much relevant, so not the same as continuing to attack former president Trump.

Gunny
02-23-2021, 09:22 PM
1. I didn’t do that.
2. McConnell is still in office and very much relevant, so not the same as continuing to attack former president Trump.My opinion of McConnell pre-dates anyone even dreaming of Donald Trump as a Presidential nominee.

IMO, as a stand alone act, McConnell put distance between himself and Trump to try and cover his own ass with the Dems by making statements that are not factually correct. Is there a precedent for suing the President of US after he is out of office for acts committed while President. If we're going to go down that road ....

fj1200
02-24-2021, 09:05 AM
1. I didn’t do that.
2. McConnell is still in office and very much relevant, so not the same as continuing to attack former president Trump.

It was a general comment. :) And another general comment about why there is little critical thought about trump and his actions.

And I for one am glad he's still in office and relevant. He's the top defender of conservatism in Congress right now.

icansayit
02-24-2021, 02:56 PM
It was a general comment. :) And another general comment about why there is little critical thought about trump and his actions.

And I for one am glad he's still in office and relevant. He's the top defender of conservatism in Congress right now.

If, as you say..."He's the top defender of conservatism in Congress right now."

IMO...He's either 100% as the top defender, or he's only following the Democrat rules...Only defending what will appease his own side and Kiss Schumer's, or Pelosi's RING.

CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! That's called being TWO FACED or being a HYPOCRITE.
Better yet....It's called being PRINCIPLED and OBJECTIVE.