PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood that Trump or Pence could replace Rush Limbaugh

tailfins
02-18-2021, 11:34 AM
I would personally rather see Mark Steyn in his time slot.

https://www.poynter.org/newsletters/2021/examining-the-likelihood-that-trump-or-pence-could-replace-rush-limbaugh/

The first name to jump out is a strong conservative who is beloved by the right and is currently out of work:
Donald Trump.

jimnyc
02-18-2021, 04:02 PM
Neither could remotely come close.

Trump may have a shot at a media company with his amount of reach. Pence would only draw a small radio show, no more IMO.

In that respect, Rush Limbaugh IS irreplaceable. He drew in millions and millions and kept that reach and his audience for 30 years. No one was better during his time, like him or not. Not sure you find any one person out there that will replace those types of numbers.

KarlMarx
02-18-2021, 06:45 PM
I’m afraid you’re right. Rush Limbaugh was one of a kind. The best we can do is see who amongst current talk show hosts could fill in for Rush? Mark Steyn might be a good choice as would Mark Levin. Mark Levin has an evening show, so I wonder if he would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icansayit
02-18-2021, 10:58 PM
I’m afraid you’re right. Rush Limbaugh was one of a kind. The best we can do is see who amongst current talk show hosts could fill in for Rush? Mark Steyn might be a good choice as would Mark Levin. Mark Levin has an evening show, so I wonder if he would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker Carlson. He's trying to defend FOX, but it looks like an uphill battle.

LongTermGuy
02-19-2021, 12:42 AM
​One that always did a great Job as host on Rush`s show is Mark Steyn..always entertaining and very Knowledgeable...He is the guy with the "accent"

Would love to see him carry the show...He also fills in for Tucker Carlson from time to time..
https://indynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/download-5-470x264.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQG9oMbu3Zo

`Mark Steyn is a Canadian conservative author and commentator. He has written several books, including the New York Times bestsellers America Alone:

The End of the World As We Know It and After America: Get Ready for Armageddon. He has guest-hosted the nationally syndicated Rush Limbaugh Show, as well as Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox News, on which he regularly appears as a guest and fill-in host when Tucker Carlson is away.`

KarlMarx
02-19-2021, 06:21 AM
​One that always did a great Job as host on Rush`s show is Mark Steyn..always entertaining and very Knowledgeable...He is the guy with the "accent"

Would love to see him carry the show...He also fills in for Tucker Carlson from time to time..
https://indynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/download-5-470x264.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQG9oMbu3Zo

`Mark Steyn is a Canadian conservative author and commentator. He has written several books, including the New York Times bestsellers America Alone:

The End of the World As We Know It and After America: Get Ready for Armageddon. He has guest-hosted the nationally syndicated Rush Limbaugh Show, as well as Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox News, on which he regularly appears as a guest and fill-in host when Tucker Carlson is away.`

Yes, I can see Mark Steyn as Rush's replacement. He is witty, informative, and brings a lot to the table. Plus the ladies might like the British accent :)

gabosaurus
02-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Neither could remotely come close. Trump may have a shot at a media company with his amount of reach. Pence would only draw a small radio show, no more IMO. In that respect, Rush Limbaugh IS irreplaceable. He drew in millions and millions and kept that reach and his audience for 30 years. No one was better during his time, like him or not. Not sure you find any one person out there that will replace those types of numbers. One hundred percent correct!! Rush became a media icon for developing strong opinions and pushing them on the masses. Love him or hate him, Rush had an unparalleled ability to attract and control large audiences. In his career, Pence has proven that he doesn't have strong personal opinions. Trump only cares about his opinion. He doesn't have the ability to establish dialogue and is too thin skinned to be a proper host.

Gunny
02-19-2021, 12:03 PM
Yes, I can see Mark Steyn as Rush's replacement. He is witty, informative, and brings a lot to the table. Plus the ladies might like the British accent :)I think I'd go with Steyn as the best replacement. I prefer him to any other name I've seen.

KarlMarx
02-19-2021, 01:03 PM
I think I'd go with Steyn as the best replacement. I prefer him to any other name I've seen.
Plus, he's been a guest host for Rush since at least 2010 or earlier. I think that gives him a leg up.

Gunny
02-19-2021, 01:16 PM
Plus, he's been a guest host for Rush since at least 2010 or earlier. I think that gives him a leg up.I agree. I only heard Rush for a few minutes a day on the radio in my truck. I could take only so much of him honestly. I generally agreed with the point he was getting to. It was just getting to the point that took too long for me.

What will have to be replaced is the personality. Rush was a personality and a popular one. I think Steyn has an engaging personality and as you say, he's been Rush's stand-in for as long as I can remember. When they get someone else I'm usually tuned out.

I don't for a second see Trump nor Pence being able to fill that spot. I don't know if Pence even has a personality. I don't see it as right fit for Donald Trump either. He's got a name but he's going to have his loyal followers and everyone else not so much. Not sure I'm a fair judge because I've never been able to listen to Trump.

fj1200
02-19-2021, 04:48 PM
About where I'm at right now.

Rush Limbaugh taught me to love the conservatism that he betrayed for Donald Trumphttps://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2021/02/17/rush-limbaugh-friend-mentor-betrayed-conservatism-trump-column/6791704002/

Most of the fill ins that I've heard and pretty much echoed what Rush had been saying the past few years. It doesn't matter who replaces him, they won't have the ability to carry an audience through the faulty brand of conservatism that his show had become. But I could certainly be proven wrong.

icansayit
02-19-2021, 06:37 PM
About where I'm at right now.

Rush Limbaugh taught me to love the conservatism that he betrayed for Donald Trumphttps://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2021/02/17/rush-limbaugh-friend-mentor-betrayed-conservatism-trump-column/6791704002/

Most of the fill ins that I've heard and pretty much echoed what Rush had been saying the past few years. It doesn't matter who replaces him, they won't have the ability to carry an audience through the faulty brand of conservatism that his show had become. But I could certainly be proven wrong.

Your DISRESPECT, HATRED, AND ADVERTISE IGNORANCE WILL GO A LONG WAY TO MAKE MOST OF US REMEMBER THE FOOL YOU REALLY ARE.
Signed: ICANSAYIT....and will repeat it every chance I get. Just for you FJ.

SassyLady
02-19-2021, 10:33 PM
I would not listen to Trump or Pence.

I would listen to Mark Steyn.

LongTermGuy
02-19-2021, 10:59 PM
I would not listen to Trump or Pence.

I would listen to Mark Steyn.

See my thread on this:

Radio Executive Reveals 'The Rush Limbaugh Show' Will Go on, for Now

Guest hosts like Mark Steyn, Todd Herman and Ken Matthews will help with new segments addressing the day’s news.

https://www.patriotproject.com/radio-executive-reveals-rush-limbaugh-show-will-go-now/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=teapartypatriots&utm_content=2021-02-19

tailfins
02-20-2021, 11:33 AM
Neither could remotely come close.

Trump may have a shot at a media company with his amount of reach. Pence would only draw a small radio show, no more IMO.

In that respect, Rush Limbaugh IS irreplaceable. He drew in millions and millions and kept that reach and his audience for 30 years. No one was better during his time, like him or not. Not sure you find any one person out there that will replace those types of numbers.

NOBODY is irreplaceable.

fj1200
02-20-2021, 11:45 AM
Your DISRESPECT, HATRED, AND ADVERTISE IGNORANCE WILL GO A LONG WAY TO MAKE MOST OF US REMEMBER THE FOOL YOU REALLY ARE.
Signed: ICANSAYIT....and will repeat it every chance I get. Just for you FJ.

Thank you for your reasoned, well-thought out response. The caps lock really helps.

tailfins
02-20-2021, 11:54 AM
Thank you for your reasoned, well-thought out response. The caps lock really helps.

It's interesting how being a test-based consumer of information agitates both the left and the right.

Case in point: Healthcare in Cuba. If you make a line depicting what the Miami crowd portrays on one end and the government's presentation one end, the truth lies about 75% on the side depicted in Miami. Such a statement gets one SIMULTANEOUSLY characterized as a sympathizer of a Castro regime and an anti-Communist terrorist. It's funny how that works. One who decides by observation is an enemy to both sides.

fj1200
02-20-2021, 12:05 PM
It's interesting how being a test-based consumer of information agitates both the left and the right.

Case in point: Healthcare in Cuba. If you make a line depicting what the Miami crowd portrays on one end and the government's presentation one end, the truth lies about 75% on the side depicted in Miami. Such a statement gets one SIMULTANEOUSLY characterized as a sympathizer of a Castro regime and an anti-Communist terrorist. It's funny how that works. One who decides by observation is an enemy to both sides.

Thanks. I think. :thinking5:

icansayit
02-20-2021, 03:32 PM

No. Thank you for reminding me how LOW I need to go in order to match your lack of wit.