PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Supreme Court allows release of Trump tax returns

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-22-2021, 10:10 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-supreme-court-allows-release-of-trump-tax-returns/ar-BB1dTZwa?ocid=msedgdhp

Reuters
U.S. Supreme Court allows release of Trump tax returns
By Lawrence Hurley 20 mins ago

By Lawrence Hurley

a close up of Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie: FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Trump departs on campaign travel to Minnesota at the White House in Washington© Reuters/CARLOS BARRIA FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Trump departs on campaign travel to Minnesota at the White House in Washington
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday paved the way for a New York City prosecutor to obtain former President Donald Trump's tax returns and other financial records as part of a criminal investigation, a blow to his quest to conceal details of his finances.

The justices rebuffed Trump's request to put on hold an Oct. 7 lower court ruling directing the former Republican president's longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, to comply with a subpoena to turn over the materials to a grand jury convened by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, a Democrat.

a building covered in snow: FILE PHOTO: A general view of the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington© Reuters/Jonathan Ernst FILE PHOTO: A general view of the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington
The Supreme Court had already ruled once in the dispute, last July rejecting Trump's broad argument that he was immune from criminal probes as a sitting president.

Unlike all other recent U.S. presidents, Trump refused during his four years in office to make his tax returns public. The data could provide details on his wealth and the activities of his family real-estate company, the Trump Organization.

Trump, who left office on Jan. 20 after being defeated in his Nov. 3 re-election bid by Democrat Joe Biden, continues to face an array of legal issues concerning his personal and business conduct.

(Reporting by Lawrence Hurley; Editing by Will Dunham)

Ffffffffffffffffffing SCOTUS DOES IT AGAIN....
Aids the worthless dems in a political witch-hunt against Trump.
Aids the dems in their agenda to try to so destroy Trump as to negate any possibility of he running for a second term.

There has to be so kind of fix in on how the SCOTUS is behaving in these matters.

And get that headline--it says allows
Allows, instead of forces Trump o give copies of his tax returns.

You see the thing is they-THE TOTALLY CORRUPT DEMS- want to create a --NEVER AGAIN Scenario.
A warning to any future trump type that this is what happens even if you succeed in getting a first term as president.

SCOTUS is without any doubt in my mind -corrupted in some way.
I'd bet my life on that..-Tyr

fj1200
02-22-2021, 10:23 AM
No longer can the elites hide behind their position.

Populism! Populism! Rah! Rah! Rah!

Release the Whitewater documents!!!

gabosaurus
02-22-2021, 05:09 PM
Bear in mind that the Supreme Court was designed to be a third equal part of the U.S. power structure, along with Congress and the POTUS. The high court was never designed to be political. The main function of the Supreme court is to ensure legal certainty and uniformity in decision-making. Justices are bound to interpret the Constitution. There are not bound to political parties.

jimnyc
02-22-2021, 05:41 PM
Bear in mind that the Supreme Court was designed to be a third equal part of the U.S. power structure, along with Congress and the POTUS. The high court was never designed to be political. The main function of the Supreme court is to ensure legal certainty and uniformity in decision-making. Justices are bound to interpret the Constitution. There are not bound to political parties.

A third, but POTUS being one? Sure you don't mean the executive branch? Because a president should in no way ever have equality to the entire congress, or the entire judiciary. I do get your point though, but that's a massive clarification.

icansayit
02-22-2021, 07:12 PM
IMO, remembering that DONALD TRUMP IS LIKE ALL OF US...CITIZENS OF THE U.S.
The SUPREME COURT has violated HIS 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS.
Read it yourself.....Then PUT YOURSELF in Trump's shoes IF YOU DARE?

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

LongTermGuy
02-22-2021, 08:52 PM
Ffffffffffffffffffing SCOTUS DOES IT AGAIN....
Aids the worthless dems in a political witch-hunt against Trump.
Aids the dems in their agenda to try to so destroy Trump as to negate any possibility of he running for a second term.

There has to be so kind of fix in on how the SCOTUS is behaving in these matters.

And get that headline--it says allows
Allows, instead of forces Trump o give copies of his tax returns.

You see the thing is they-THE TOTALLY CORRUPT DEMS- want to create a --NEVER AGAIN Scenario.
A warning to any future trump type that this is what happens even if you succeed in getting a first term as president.

SCOTUS is without any doubt in my mind -corrupted in some way.
I'd bet my life on that..-Tyr

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu33hGuUcAQmq4G?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu33hGqU4AMFYca?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu32lMyVkAA4xqV?format=jpg&name=large

LongTermGuy
02-22-2021, 10:29 PM
"Justices Kavanaugh, Coney-Barrett, and Roberts Join the Liberal Supreme Court Justices Who

REFUSED To Review the PA Election Cases…Justice Thomas Asks: “One wonders what this Court

waits for?"

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1363909969666572291/qNjSxrpU?format=jpg&name=900x900
`BREAKING: Justices Kavanaugh, Coney-Barrett and Roberts Join Liberal Supreme Court Justices Who REFUSED To Review PA Election Cases…Justice Thomas Asks: “One wonders what this Court waits for?`

https://100percentfedup.com/breaking-justices-kavanauagh-coney-barrett-and-roberts-join-liberal-supreme-court-justices-who-refused-to-review-pa-election-casesjustice-thomas-asks-one-wonders-what-this-court-w/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-22-2021, 10:33 PM
"Justices Kavanaugh, Coney-Barrett, and Roberts Join the Liberal Supreme Court Justices Who

REFUSED To Review the PA Election Cases…Justice Thomas Asks: “One wonders what this Court

waits for?"

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1363909969666572291/qNjSxrpU?format=jpg&name=900x900
`BREAKING: Justices Kavanaugh, Coney-Barrett and Roberts Join Liberal Supreme Court Justices Who REFUSED To Review PA Election Cases…Justice Thomas Asks: “One wonders what this Court waits for?`

https://100percentfedup.com/breaking-justices-kavanauagh-coney-barrett-and-roberts-join-liberal-supreme-court-justices-who-refused-to-review-pa-election-casesjustice-thomas-asks-one-wonders-what-this-court-w/

Well, off the top of my head, I suspect that it waits for further orders from its masters -the globalists..-Tyr

LongTermGuy
02-22-2021, 10:36 PM
Well, off the top of my head, I suspect that it waits for further orders from its masters -the globalists..-Tyr

Agree friend...who would of thought with these two...especially with what the leftist (communist) put them through!! Crazy!!

icansayit
02-22-2021, 10:50 PM
They may be protected by the Secret Service but....

Considering the makeup of the DOJ, FBI, CIA, STATE DEPT, NSA, And IRS, combined with the DNC/CONGRESS/WHITE HOUSE....

Does anyone think it's not possible to THREATEN Sitting Judges????

I personally put NOTHING past the CORRUPTION, LIES, EXTORTION, and BLACKMAIL that we all must KNOW....exists in a Government NONE OF US TRUST???

We can call ROBERTS all the names we want, with every other Judge who doesn't tow the Conservative...Constitutional Line. But, in reality. WHAT CAN WE DO?

The RADICAL, CROOKED DEMS NOW FEEL CONFIDENT THEY HAVE ALL 3 BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT...UNDER "THEIR CONTROL".
Honestly. Does anyone doubt that now???

KarlMarx
02-24-2021, 08:19 AM

OK, for the sake of uniformity, let’s take a look at the tax returns of these people Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Stacey Abrams, just for starters. And it will never happen, why?

Only Democrats get their way, SCOTUS is still left leaning, despite having three Trump appointees.

The reality is that the IRS was weaponized by the Obama administration against political opponents. It is time to repeal 16th amendment and return the country back to a national consumption tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fj1200
02-24-2021, 08:55 AM
^^Wow, the knives are coming out...

OK, for the sake of uniformity, let’s take a look at the tax returns of these people Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Stacey Abrams, just for starters. And it will never happen, why?

Only Democrats get their way, SCOTUS is still left leaning, despite having three Trump appointees.

The reality is that the IRS was weaponized by the Obama administration against political opponents. It is time to repeal 16th amendment and return the country back to a national consumption tax.

Probably the lack of alleged illegal activity.

KarlMarx
02-24-2021, 12:44 PM
If there was illegal activity, as you insinuate, then why wasn’t the IRS investigating?

And why does New York State have legal standing over Trump’s Federal returns?

This sets a bad precedent, now a state can demand an individual’s federal return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimnyc
02-24-2021, 02:27 PM
^^Wow, the knives are coming out...

Probably the lack of alleged illegal activity.

Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Stacey Abrams, just for starters.

Nancy Pelosi and her hubby Paul. I 'think' that no doubt a crime took place in there somewhere but wasn't ever properly investigated over whether she helped in any way or not. Schumer I believe assisted in covering up crimes in congress, but doubtful that anything would bring out his financials. Him and others guilty of obstruction of justice, IMO. I think both AOC and Omar are/were guilty of FEC crimes. Omar is also married twice at the same time. Of course, like the others, never investigations. Oh, Tlaib breaks federal law during campaign as well. She assaulted Laura Loomer. Stacey Abrams has her own political organization, Fair Fight Action, using the funding for her political activities, which is against federal law. She was also soliciting “ineligible, out-of-state, or deceased voters” for the run-off election. Another one of her organizations, stood accused of: "Raffensperger said earlier this week that America Votes "is sending absentee ballot applications to people at addresses where they have not lived since 1994." Vote Forward, he said, "attempted to register a dead Alabama voter, a woman, to vote here in Georgia." He also spotlighted The New Georgia Project, "who sent voter registration applications to New York City.”

This isn't to say that they all had to submit their personal finances, but maybe should have, or maybe should have been investigated at all in some cases. But more so to point out that the lack of alleged illegal activities isn't the case. They all committed crimes IMO, some just less than others.

jimnyc
02-24-2021, 02:32 PM
If there was illegal activity, as you insinuate, then why wasn’t the IRS investigating?

This sets a bad precedent, now a state can demand an individual’s federal return.

The biggest of them all - Russia. They lied and lied from day one and committed massive crimes from day one. It created hysteria, investigations & an impeachment. It went full circle and came all the way back around to bite them all in the ass. But then they continued their lying and fought back. Still to this day they accuse Trump. And now they are still working F/T behind the scenes to make it disappear. The amount of lying and hypocrisy within this entire saga is monstrous. And perhaps the most important investigation of our time is slowly being pushed out and ignored and I believe soon to be over without finality, as they will shitcan Durham.

fj1200
02-25-2021, 11:39 AM

The IRS already has his tax returns. They generally audit, not investigate. Besides, I didn't insinutate, I said "alleged."

Because NY is the one investigating alleged illegal activity.

I presume there is no precedent here. Anyone is subject to investigation and subpoenas can be submitted for tax returns. The delay was because he was a sitting president.

The real question is why do you think he shouldn't be subject to the laws just like everyone else?

fj1200
02-25-2021, 11:41 AM
Nancy Pelosi and her hubby Paul. I 'think' that no doubt a crime took place in there somewhere but wasn't ever properly investigated over whether she helped in any way or not. Schumer I believe assisted in covering up crimes in congress, but doubtful that anything would bring out his financials. Him and others guilty of obstruction of justice, IMO. I think both AOC and Omar are/were guilty of FEC crimes. Omar is also married twice at the same time. Of course, like the others, never investigations. Oh, Tlaib breaks federal law during campaign as well. She assaulted Laura Loomer. Stacey Abrams has her own political organization, Fair Fight Action, using the funding for her political activities, which is against federal law. She was also soliciting “ineligible, out-of-state, or deceased voters” for the run-off election. Another one of her organizations, stood accused of: "Raffensperger said earlier this week that America Votes "is sending absentee ballot applications to people at addresses where they have not lived since 1994." Vote Forward, he said, "attempted to register a dead Alabama voter, a woman, to vote here in Georgia." He also spotlighted The New Georgia Project, "who sent voter registration applications to New York City.”

This isn't to say that they all had to submit their personal finances, but maybe should have, or maybe should have been investigated at all in some cases. But more so to point out that the lack of alleged illegal activities isn't the case. They all committed crimes IMO, some just less than others.

Lock em all up. I'm right there with ya.

Kathianne
02-25-2021, 01:18 PM
and Feinstein and let's go back to Harry Reid too, pretty sure statute of limitations might still apply.

jimnyc
02-25-2021, 03:05 PM

I am not 100% confident they would all be jailed, but I guess my point was that they never even get investigated properly. And in the cases of the finance crimes during campaigns and such, it's always just a small fine and/or just lip service. And the more there are and the more that get treated as if it's no big deal, IMO the more it erodes the integrity of our elections. Also adds to the thoughts that politicians are above the law, which at times it appears they are.

jimnyc
02-25-2021, 03:08 PM
and Feinstein and let's go back to Harry Reid too, pretty sure statute of limitations might still apply.

Feinstein I can see if any current issues or more as she is still in office, but I'm lost with Reid? Why go backwards? We speaking of accusations of corruption, or more?

Kathianne
02-25-2021, 03:41 PM
Feinstein I can see if any current issues or more as she is still in office, but I'm lost with Reid? Why go backwards? We speaking of accusations of corruption, or more?

This goes back, as did second impeachment. Thus, go back for all. Corruption is Corruption.

jimnyc
02-25-2021, 03:54 PM
This goes back, as did second impeachment. Thus, go back for all. Corruption is Corruption.

Well, you know me, I agree. I am all about law and order. But hell, seems hard to difficult to get investigations started today let alone going back. But yeah, I see it now, cause I sure as hell think Hillary needs charges as well, and she's more or less out of the picture. And while I don't agree with the tactics, from day one, as if Russia and all the other BS didn't come to be, then I don't see the southern district and/or others doing their investigations - but as they say about letting the cat out of the bag - should they find crimes within, good luck getting that tossed. I believe this is worse news for him than any impeachment. Always the IRS that gets ya in the end. And if you do the crime, you may see some time.

My only issue with that, is that some get gunned for while others seemingly either ignored or protected or haven't a clue how they avoid justice - as in Hillary.

fj1200
02-25-2021, 04:41 PM

I'm not suggesting we go crazy with backdating crimes but things, especially current infractions, should be investigated regardless of party. The problem is we don't have an independent anything at any level of government when it comes to partisan type investigations.

I am not 100% confident they would all be jailed, but I guess my point was that they never even get investigated properly. And in the cases of the finance crimes during campaigns and such, it's always just a small fine and/or just lip service. And the more there are and the more that get treated as if it's no big deal, IMO the more it erodes the integrity of our elections. Also adds to the thoughts that politicians are above the law, which at times it appears they are.

I'm sure none of them will. These aren't major crimes but you're right, things need to be done on an even basis.

fj1200
02-25-2021, 04:47 PM
If this is true...

Trump’s lawyers immediately went to court to block its enforcement, first arguing that he was immune from being investigated while president.
https://apnews.com/article/manhattan-prosecutor-trump-tax-records-87f675d7ae8e24fbf2e8f33c480869d6

... then why is it surprising that the documents would be turned over now?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2021, 06:17 PM
A clear case of political revenge/vengeance using the system.
SCOTUS, yet again has given the dems a greenlight to do this unconstitutional agenda.
Now we get to see how some of the long time planted RINO's operate after they get into position.
SCOTUS IS A FUCKING DISGRACE. A FACT.. -Tyr

Gunny
02-25-2021, 09:10 PM
Dumb question here: Since when, why and how is it okay to publicly release someone's tax returns? Maybe someone else mentioned it, but isn't there a 4th Amendment to the Bill of Rights?

icansayit
02-25-2021, 10:17 PM
Dumb question here: Since when, why and how is it okay to publicly release someone's tax returns? Maybe someone else mentioned it, but isn't there a 4th Amendment to the Bill of Rights?

Seems to me, like something so simple, and easy to read just was avoided by everybody in Washington connected to the TRUMP HATERS CLUBS.

They all IGNORED the Constitution...and, unless they are really STUPID and think we all are too....They have N.Y. Lawyers and Politicians who are also guilty of VIOLATING Trump's Constitutional Rights.
26 U.S. Code § 6103 - Confidentiality and disclosure of returns and return information
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6103

If a common OLD Citizen like me can find the LAW. Shouldn't the SCOTUS and LAWYERS be able to READ IT TOO???[/B]

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2021, 11:41 PM
Seems to me, like something so simple, and easy to read just was avoided by everybody in Washington connected to the TRUMP HATERS CLUBS.

They all IGNORED the Constitution...and, unless they are really STUPID and think we all are too....They have N.Y. Lawyers and Politicians who are also guilty of VIOLATING Trump's Constitutional Rights.
26 U.S. Code § 6103 - Confidentiality and disclosure of returns and return information
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6103

If a common OLD Citizen like me can find the LAW. Shouldn't the SCOTUS and LAWYERS be able to READ IT TOO???[/B]

YET AGAIN, we see the dems proving they are above the law and able to break the law any damn time they feel like it.
What they are being permitted to do is unconstitutional, criminal and able to set a standard that they can ignore the law and exact vengeance upon any person that they deem to be an enemy.
In short, they are acting ,like ffing Nazis and getting away with it..
Getting away with it because SCOTUS is refusing to do its sworn duty.
And why is SCOTUS doing that?
Some kind of--fix-- is in with the newer justices.
Three of them are refusing to do their sworn duty.
Are they long planted RINO'S?
My guess is yes they are..
Is the dem party behaving the way it is because they have certain SCOTUS justices under their thumb--again I say very, very likely.
If the SCOTUS is thus compromised-we are certainly heading into a 4 year span of drastic and nation weakening changes.
How could this have came to be"""????
One answer== Globalists.. The One World Government people.
Dark are the days that are coming .. Tragic and dark, imho--Tyr

fj1200
02-26-2021, 08:20 AM

They're not being publicly released, they're going to the prosecutor and they would only be seen by the grand jury. And apparently it's not just the tax returns being released it's all the documentation that goes in to preparing tax returns and they're gettig them from trump's accounting firm.

If a judge has signed off on the search and seizure then then there's apparently probably cause.

gabosaurus
02-26-2021, 01:42 PM
They're not being publicly released, they're going to the prosecutor and they would only be seen by the grand jury. And apparently it's not just the tax returns being released it's all the documentation that goes in to preparing tax returns and they're gettig them from trump's accounting firm. If a judge has signed off on the search and seizure then then there's apparently probably cause. If Trump is found guilty of cheating on his tax returns, should he be absolved of blame because he is a former president?

fj1200
02-26-2021, 01:54 PM
If Trump is found guilty of cheating on his tax returns, should he be absolved of blame because he is a former president?

Of course not. There shouldn't be different rules for the "elite." Not to say of course that this isn't politically motivated craptastic pile of crap. It's populist clickbait for the progressives.

Gunny
02-26-2021, 06:52 PM
They're not being publicly released, they're going to the prosecutor and they would only be seen by the grand jury. And apparently it's not just the tax returns being released it's all the documentation that goes in to preparing tax returns and they're gettig them from trump's accounting firm.

If a judge has signed off on the search and seizure then then there's apparently probably cause.Translation: if the USSC says it's okay, then it's Constitutional. Like Obamacare:rolleyes:

Probable cause: He's Donald Trump

SassyLady
02-27-2021, 01:48 AM
I'm not suggesting we go crazy with backdating crimes but things, especially current infractions, should be investigated regardless of party. The problem is we don't have an independent anything at any level of government when it comes to partisan type investigations.

I'm sure none of them will. These aren't major crimes but you're right, things need to be done on an even basis.

What do you consider current? They want to investigate what he was doing before he was president.

fj1200
02-27-2021, 02:19 AM
Translation: if the USSC says it's okay, then it's Constitutional. Like Obamacare:rolleyes:

Probable cause: He's Donald Trump

That's how it works. And of course it's politically motivated.

What do you consider current? They want to investigate what he was doing before he was president.

They've been at this for close to four years. Started with the Stormy Daniels payoff IIRC which was current when they started probing.

Gunny
02-27-2021, 10:24 AM
That's how it works. And of course it's politically motivated.

They've been at this for close to four years. Started with the Stormy Daniels payoff IIRC which was current when they started probing.Our justice system is supposed to redress grievences. Right wrongs. AllI see is a money-making industry that has ruled itself Constitutional, based mostly on spite and revenge. The accused is the biggest loser no matter the legal finding of the court. You have only as much defense from false accusations as you can afford.

Quite the perversion of "justice".

KarlMarx
02-27-2021, 11:33 AM
The real question is why do you think he shouldn't be subject to the laws just like everyone else?

The real question is why is Trump not allowed the same protections as other citizens?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2021, 02:44 PM
The real question is why is Trump not allowed the same protections as other citizens?

Because the behemoth he has dared to assault has decided to destroy him and thus give any others in the future an historic example of what they too will one day face!
These people doing this have no honor, no integrity, they have only darkness, evil , greed and their corrupt hands on power!
Trump dared to stab the dragon- now the dragon says -its my turn to teach you and all others the immensely high price that you must pay for daring such an affront!

The operate with evil, hatred and revenge.
And with the help of the minions that they have spent decades placing into power.--Tyr

Gunny
02-27-2021, 03:01 PM
Because the behemoth he has dared to assault has decided to destroy him and thus give any others in the future an historic example of what they too will one day face!
These people doing this have no honor, no integrity, they have only darkness, evil , greed and their corrupt hands on power!
Trump dared to stab the dragon- now the dragon says -its my turn to teach you and all others the immensely high price that you must pay for daring such an affront!

The operate with evil, hatred and revenge.
And with the help of the minions that they have spent decades placing into power.--TyrPretty much how I see it. This is nothing but petty revenge and a lesson for the audience.

Add to that I think Pelosi is personally using the opportunity for her power mad ass to take down a President. Even as a former one he will still be the first.

fj1200
02-28-2021, 12:37 PM
Our justice system is supposed to redress grievences. Right wrongs. AllI see is a money-making industry that has ruled itself Constitutional, based mostly on spite and revenge. The accused is the biggest loser no matter the legal finding of the court. You have only as much defense from false accusations as you can afford.

Quite the perversion of "justice".

I'm not going to argue that to much. But he's got the money, we'll see how much false there is.

How is he not? Subpoena issued, subpoena appealed, appeal lost. He even got to argue his case all the way up to SCOTUS.

Mr. P
02-28-2021, 02:49 PM
To quote Hillary Clinton "'What difference, at this point, does it make?'.

Just sayin

Gunny
02-28-2021, 05:24 PM
I'm not going to argue that to much. But he's got the money, we'll see how much false there is.

How is he not? Subpoena issued, subpoena appealed, appeal lost. He even got to argue his case all the way up to SCOTUS.Lucky him. The justice system can help itself to however much it takes to drag this out and as pointed out by Mr P, what does it matter at this point? I would be far more impressed by the US government investigating something that matters.

Like election fraud.

icansayit
02-28-2021, 06:46 PM
Lucky him. The justice system can help itself to however much it takes to drag this out and as pointed out by Mr P, what does it matter at this point? I would be far more impressed by the US government investigating something that matters.

Like election fraud.

Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Al Green, Maxipad Waters all are using this to find dirt on Trump for one reason.....FIND A WAY TO MAKE SURE HE NEVER RUNS AGAIN!

They have all admitted in public....that's their only reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQDG-ru6PTQ&ab_channel=C-SPAN

gabosaurus
02-28-2021, 07:34 PM
During his time as president, Trump was immune from prosecution. In the eyes of his ever loyal support base, Trump should always be immune from prosecution. Fortunately, he is not. The tax cases come first. Then the sexual assault cases. Keep in mind that politicians are not bringing these cases. If Trump is found not guilty, so be it. At least others finally get their day in court.

icansayit
02-28-2021, 08:26 PM
During his time as president, Trump was immune from prosecution. In the eyes of his ever loyal support base, Trump should always be immune from prosecution. Fortunately, he is not. The tax cases come first. Then the sexual assault cases. Keep in mind that politicians are not bringing these cases. If Trump is found not guilty, so be it. At least others finally get their day in court.

Your fibber, confabulators, liars, idiots, and hypocrites have been trying and losing ALL OF THOSE THINGS before. And sadly for YOU especially. They still won't work.
In fact...you reminded me of this...https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/78/d9/6a78d9f06ea8a445a744ef64caf64014.jpg

And your Wonder Witch of Than Franthisco is just like you....
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/78/d9/6a78d9f06ea8a445a744ef64caf64014.jpg

fj1200
03-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Lucky him. The justice system can help itself to however much it takes to drag this out and as pointed out by Mr P, what does it matter at this point? I would be far more impressed by the US government investigating something that matters.

Like election fraud.

There may be things wrong in the justice system but trump is not the poster boy for it though some want him to be apparently. What's the point? Illegal is illegal. There's no globalist conspiracy here.

Gunny
03-01-2021, 10:08 PM
There may be things wrong in the justice system but trump is not the poster boy for it though some want him to be apparently. What's the point? Illegal is illegal. There's no globalist conspiracy here.I kinda figured you had it in your head I'm all about Trump. Might want to try again. This is about what the Dems are getting away with doing. They're making sure that every weak-sister Republican knows they will go after you for any and everything, before, during and after. Just in case the left's gameplan goes awry as it did in 2016 and they lose grasp of the Presidency.

Conspiracy? No. An in your face witch hunf that only a dumbass would deny? You bet.

icansayit
03-01-2021, 10:59 PM
There may be things wrong in the justice system but trump is not the poster boy for it though some want him to be apparently. What's the point? Illegal is illegal. There's no globalist conspiracy here.

The Dems, with the SCOTUS are now in the thankful position of DECLARING TRUMP GUILTY without using the Laws and Real Justice System Constitutionally where "YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY".
The Dems have been SWEARING That Trump is Guilty since before he took office. YOU can deny it all you want but sadly for YOU and the DEMS...You cannot change the Truth.

As for the GLOBALIST's...you may be right about NO CONSPIRACY. But there's no question Dear Old Georgie Porgy SOROS has his dirty little fingers in nearly EVERY RADICAL DEMOCRATS pocket with maybe...Extortion, Blackmail, and Actual Threats of Harm.

fj1200
03-02-2021, 07:33 AM
I kinda figured you had it in your head I'm all about Trump. Might want to try again. This is about what the Dems are getting away with doing. They're making sure that every weak-sister Republican knows they will go after you for any and everything, before, during and after. Just in case the left's gameplan goes awry as it did in 2016 and they lose grasp of the Presidency.

Conspiracy? No. An in your face witch hunf that only a dumbass would deny? You bet.

I had it right the first time. The Dems suck. Have that right too.

tailfins
03-02-2021, 09:59 AM
I suspect that those tax returns will show that Trump isn't as wealthy as he claims to be. Any half intelligent American should have more concerns about privacy being violated if that turns out to be the case. Generally, being a braggart isn't a crime.

fj1200
03-02-2021, 10:37 AM
I suspect that those tax returns will show that Trump isn't as wealthy as he claims to be. Any half intelligent American should have more concerns about privacy being violated if that turns out to be the case. Generally, being a braggart isn't a crime.

I'm sure most of them will say privacy for me but not for thee. The thing that one of the previous stories referred to was them having access to the work product by the accounting firm where they would have two sets of books; one for loan purposes and one for tax purposes. Not sure what is necessarily illegal about that unless they're specifically engaging in tax fraud. Which would be the sort of thing the elites get to do but ordinary folks do not. :dunno:

Gunny
03-02-2021, 07:14 PM
I had it right the first time. The Dems suck. Have that right too.No you didn't. You just threw out a leftwingnut label designed to silence those that won't shut up and conform. I find so-called conservatives doing that almost as troublesome as the the ones who refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the lifeboat.

Credit where it is due: you're batting a thousand with those two.

KarlMarx
03-06-2021, 06:04 AM

Presidents are not immune from prosecution. There is a thing called impeachment, don't know if you've heard. The standard is treason, bribery, and other crimes and misdemeanors. From the USC...

Article I Section 3
Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.

Article II Section 4
The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors

Sitting presidents are not hauled before a court of law, but are tried in the Senate. So, the question I have for you is this... why didn't the president face impeachment over these sexual assault charges? They certainly meet the criteria of high crimes and misdemeanors. Instead, Trump was impeached over a phone call and for giving a speech. As an aside, why wasn't Justice Kavanaugh impeached over those sexual assault accusations?

It seems to me that the Left was throwing stuff at Trump and, whatever they succeeded at getting something to stick to him, they ran with it be it littering or genocide.