PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing - pronouns?

MtnBiker
02-23-2021, 10:46 PM
So, when will the plumbing industry move away from gender pronouns?

I can just see it now, an average guy goes into his nearby corporate box hardware store and heads back to the plumbing isles to be greeted by Pat in her orange vest and asks how she can help. The guy says he is looking for a 3/4” ball valve with a male nipple. He is quickly tackled by Pats posse and dragged off to re-education camp to get his mind right. When all he was trying to do was get a part to better drain his water heater.

SassyLady
02-23-2021, 11:28 PM

I can just see it now, an average guy goes into his nearby corporate box hardware store and heads back to the plumbing isles to be greeted by Pat in her orange vest and asks how she can help. The guy says he is looking for a 3/4” ball valve with a male nipple. He is quickly tackled by Pats posse and dragged off to re-education camp to get his mind right. When all he was trying to do was get a part to better drain his water heater.

Hope Pat is transgender or a dyke and you'll be ok.

NightTrain
02-23-2021, 11:32 PM
Electrical connectors, too. Male and Female.

icansayit
02-24-2021, 12:57 AM

Firefighters, and Mechanics also identify the ends of Hoses, and Cables as the MALE and FEMALE ends. THE IDIOTS WANT TO BE IN CHARGE....LET THEM, and WHEN THINGS BREAK OR DON'T WORK LIKE THEY DEMAND. Let them figure it out....Like Biden, with his DEPENDS.

LongTermGuy
02-24-2021, 10:28 AM

Heat shrink neutralizes both....

tailfins
02-24-2021, 10:30 AM

He could avoid such a hassle by just shoplifting what he needed.

jimnyc
02-24-2021, 02:38 PM

And devices within computers and having a master and a slave device. I NEVER EVER thought once about race when it came to learning about this, putting it into action and then just years and years of use. Not until decades later and someone makes a comment. And I won't be changing to appease either. I walk into a store and use what I learned. If someone tries to correct me with how they speak, calls it different, all good with me! And I'll still refer to it as I know it. You are not going to "deprogram" me over stupidity of another.

MtnBiker
02-24-2021, 03:47 PM
And devices within computers and having a master and a slave device.

Whoa, good point! What is the woke mob at Disney going to do about the name of Boba Fett's ship?

gabosaurus
02-24-2021, 05:22 PM
Well dang! I obviously have missed out on a lot of fun and entertainment by never having shopped at a hardware store. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
02-24-2021, 05:28 PM
Well dang! I obviously have missed out on a lot of fun and entertainment by never having shopped at a hardware store. :rolleyes:

Can't help with the hardware myself, but ya may not be too far out of place if in a computer outlet and ask about a black slave drive & how well it works with masters!!

Ok, does sound silly, but makes sense!!

gabosaurus
02-24-2021, 05:35 PM
Can't help with the hardware myself, but ya may not be too far out of place if in a computer outlet and ask about a black slave drive & how well it works with masters!! Ok, does sound silly, but makes sense!! My ultra conservative father in law will refer to urologist visits as "going to check out my plumbing." Which makes it the first thing I thought of when I saw "plumbing" in the title.

jimnyc
02-24-2021, 05:57 PM
My ultra conservative father in law will refer to urologist visits as "going to check out my plumbing." Which makes it the first thing I thought of when I saw "plumbing" in the title.

I just call him the insane guy that think he's gonna try and stick something in "there" and it ain't ever happening. And if ever something life saving necessary, you are welcome to give me mass propofol - cause if I'm awake and you try that on me, the results will not be pleasant for any of us. Just won't happen anyway as I wouldn't be in that position!! :laugh: Oh helllllllllllll no!!

Kinda like the prostate exam. I told them to give me a holler when they hire a 3'9" chinese woman to do their testing. Of course I ALWAYS have to find doctors that seem to have hands the size of a 9' man!! At that point you can call it plumbing or whatever you want - I'll be calling it I don't think so!

icansayit
02-24-2021, 07:12 PM
I just call him the insane guy that think he's gonna try and stick something in "there" and it ain't ever happening. And if ever something life saving necessary, you are welcome to give me mass propofol - cause if I'm awake and you try that on me, the results will not be pleasant for any of us. Just won't happen anyway as I wouldn't be in that position!! :laugh: Oh helllllllllllll no!!

Kinda like the prostate exam. I told them to give me a holler when they hire a 3'9" chinese woman to do their testing. Of course I ALWAYS have to find doctors that seem to have hands the size of a 9' man!! At that point you can call it plumbing or whatever you want - I'll be calling it I don't think so!

The best urologist I ever met...also found my Cancer. We make jokes about that INVASIVE exam now, but when the PSA comes back at 0.1...HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE.
The jokes can be fun too. Like as the Doc sticks his gloved finger where the sun dont shine. It's fun to ask him..."Does mean We're Going Steady?" or as I heard a comedian say.
"Doc if you go any farther... you'll touch the back of my tongue!" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SERIOUSLY...to all men here. Get that checkup. It could save your life TOO!

MtnBiker
02-25-2021, 02:38 PM
Is Barbie still a woman or Ken still a man?

Is Mr Potato Head a mister or just a potato?

jimnyc
02-25-2021, 03:32 PM
Is Barbie still a woman or Ken still a man?

Is Mr Potato Head a mister or just a potato?

Nope, no more. Now it's Ben and Kendra!! And they come with different and interchangeable pieces.

Mr. Potato head spoke out of turn and was canceled by code pink, and was boiled in water and eaten.