PDA

View Full Version : The vaccine didn't kill me or turn me into a crocodile

gabosaurus
03-04-2021, 03:53 PM
I qualified to sign up as an educator and the mother of a child with preexisting condition. This morning was my time for the first shot. I was a bit disappointed that nothing at all happened. No soreness, no side effects at all. I might be programmed to serve the government, but I can deal with that. Should I contact Bolsanaro in Brazil and tell him that I didn't turn into a crocodile? He might be disappointed. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-04-2021, 05:02 PM
I qualified to sign up as an educator and the mother of a child with preexisting condition. This morning was my time for the first shot. I was a bit disappointed that nothing at all happened. No soreness, no side effects at all. I might be programmed to serve the government, but I can deal with that. Should I contact Bolsanaro in Brazil and tell him that I didn't turn into a crocodile? He might be disappointed. :rolleyes:

My Dad and step Mom both reported back the same, no pain in getting it, no soreness afterwards and no ill effects at all after about a week now, I think.

While there have been reports of many folks getting negative responses, and I'm just hoping that they were more isolated than anything. And of course we don't hear much back from the folks that have zero issues, and gotta keep that in mind. I see many arguments all the way around and I believe everyone should be entitled to do as they please.

I'll be getting it when I get the first opportunity. Hoping for the best and perhaps it will protect me more and protect others in the long run. And also increase the overall numbers so as to hopefully see more and more things opening up and getting back to "normal".

I know I may and sure do want to see my Dad sometime this year, whether that includes travel or not. He's 84, so it goes without saying. I like to travel sometimes too, and it simply may be necessary.

But I don't want this to be a game changer for our society. Bad enough as things are. I do not want any digital footprint of any of my medical information going around. I do not want to have to prove things everywhere I go, other than perhaps when hopping on an airline. And even then, it should be limited to your vaccine card and that's it, nothing digital.

gabosaurus
03-04-2021, 08:19 PM
I do not want any digital footprint of any of my medical information going around. I do not want to have to prove things everywhere I go, other than perhaps when hopping on an airline. And even then, it should be limited to your vaccine card and that's it, nothing digital. It's already out there. Not that it should be public knowledge. This is especially important if you plan foreign travel. Foreign governments will want to know in an instant if you are vaccinated. They won't want non-vaccinated visitors in their countries.

Gunny
03-04-2021, 09:55 PM
I qualified to sign up as an educator and the mother of a child with preexisting condition. This morning was my time for the first shot. I was a bit disappointed that nothing at all happened. No soreness, no side effects at all. I might be programmed to serve the government, but I can deal with that. Should I contact Bolsanaro in Brazil and tell him that I didn't turn into a crocodile? He might be disappointed. :rolleyes:Nah. You should quit being an asshole politicizing the vaccine President Trump got delivered to you in record time.

icansayit
03-05-2021, 12:31 AM

You sure did qualify, and you are the preexisting condition. No disappointment needed. It seems to come natural to most Radical Liberals. Always the Victim...is how you all play the game.

gabosaurus
03-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Nah. You should quit being an asshole politicizing the vaccine President Trump got delivered to you in record time. Trump had NOTHING to do with the vaccine I received. It was developed in Germany with no American funding and involvement. Trump did nothing but flap his gums about how much he was doing to help. While just the opposite was true.

NightTrain
03-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Trump had NOTHING to do with the vaccine I received. It was developed in Germany with no American funding and involvement. Trump did nothing but flap his gums about how much he was doing to help. While just the opposite was true.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pfizer is an American company, toots. It matters not where their partners were geographically located. And Trump was the impetus for getting that vaccine rolled out in astonishing time, despite every moonbat deriding his assertion that he'd have that vaccine being implemented before 2021.

Remember that? Yes, he was roundly mocked for it, bizarre as that seems. You moonbats were actually hoping he was wrong, nevermind that pulling off that feat would save countless lives. I can't think of a more shallow & vapid group of people, wishing death upon others to score a petty political point.

I suppose now that it's fact that he delivered the impossible, you can sleep tight at night knowing that President Trump made that wonderful medicine that even now courses through your veins and improved you on a cellular level.

You owe him a gratitude of debt. Lose your mindless hateful snarling at the obvious truth and embrace it. You'll be a better person for rightfully giving public thanks for his foresight and perserverance to make you safe.

Remember, Trump loves you. And be sure you vote for Trump in '24 and Cruz for Senator in the next election. Oh, and Abbott deserves reelection, too. Thank you for your service in MAGA.:salute:

Gunny
03-05-2021, 12:54 PM
Trump had NOTHING to do with the vaccine I received. It was developed in Germany with no American funding and involvement. Trump did nothing but flap his gums about how much he was doing to help. While just the opposite was true.What NT just said. One would think after 18-ish years you'd know by now if I bother to say anything, you're wrong.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-05-2021, 01:05 PM

The jury is still out on the longer -term effects of it.
So it might be better, if you are able, to truthfully state that a few years from now, imho.
The old saying- "wait and see" often has great merit....--Tyr

gabosaurus
03-05-2021, 04:15 PM
Pfizer is an American company, toots. It matters not where their partners were geographically located. And Trump was the impetus for getting that vaccine rolled out in astonishing time, despite every moonbat deriding his assertion that he'd have that vaccine being implemented before 2021. Except that Pfizer did not develop the vaccine. It was formulated and developed by BioNTech, a German biotechnology company based in Mainz. Pfizer is the American distributor for BioNTech. Pfizer did not take any money from the government. I find it convenient that members of the Trump Cult have closed their minds to these things. ---------> https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-check-joe-biden-donald-trump-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-76d1580f82b1586b207990396c1e3b5f

icansayit
03-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Trump had NOTHING to do with the vaccine I received. It was developed in Germany with no American funding and involvement. Trump did nothing but flap his gums about how much he was doing to help. While just the opposite was true.

Your Hatred combined with Ignorance is OVERFLOWING more now, than when We actually had A HUMAN President who at least...KNEW WHAT DAY IT WAS.

In other words. Your TDS...better known as SWAMP SCUM is running over and infecting your tiny brain.
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/483241-acidic-swamp-ooze.jpg

NightTrain
03-05-2021, 05:33 PM
Except that Pfizer did not develop the vaccine. It was formulated and developed by BioNTech, a German biotechnology company based in Mainz. Pfizer is the American distributor for BioNTech. Pfizer did not take any money from the government. I find it convenient that members of the Trump Cult have closed their minds to these things. ---------> https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-check-joe-biden-donald-trump-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-76d1580f82b1586b207990396c1e3b5f

The funny thing about you is that you're not smart enough to read your own link :

Pfizer did sign an agreement with the U.S. government in July worth $1.95 billion — if the vaccine pans out and is cleared by the FDA — to supply 100 million doses. That guarantees Pfizer a U.S. market, an important incentive.

The supply side of Operation Warp Speed also allows Pfizer logistical help, although the company will directly ship its own vaccine, while the government will control shipping of other COVID-19 vaccines.

Pfizer’s announcement does not mean a vaccine has been approved and will immediately hit the market.

The next step for Pfizer would be to apply for “emergency use authorization” by the Food and Drug Administration, probably later this month, which would allow for limited distribution before it seeks full FDA approval for wider use by the general public in 2021.

You stand corrected. You're welcome.

jimnyc
03-05-2021, 05:40 PM

That is truly ridiculous and completely wrong.

jimnyc
03-05-2021, 05:47 PM
The funny thing about you is that you're not smart enough to read your own link :

You stand corrected. You're welcome.

Was just gonna post the same. But anyway, quite a bunch of companies jumped on the start of trying to develop a vaccine. Then came operation warp speed later. And then comes incentive to meet that warp speed and "win" in more ways than one. Incentive to be first was given, and then it was met, and if they pan out, then they benefit from operation warp speed and their agreement with the gubberment.

gabosaurus
03-05-2021, 06:01 PM
The deal made by the Trump administration was to purchase stock of the vaccine itself. It has nothing to do with the formulation or development of the vaccine. Which was done entirely in Germany. ------------------> The federal government’s deal with Pfizer would pay for the purchase of the company’s vaccine if it gets FDA emergency use authorization or approval. So Pfizer hasn’t gotten any Warp Speed funding yet. ------------------> https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/nov/19/pfizer-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-and-operation-war/ -------------> BioNTech and Moderna were working on their vaccines while Trump was still denying the existence of Covid-19. Most of the funding from the Trump administration was for purchasing the stockpiles of already completed vaccine. The Trump administration had zero to do with developing the vaccine itself.

jimnyc
03-05-2021, 06:07 PM
The deal made by the Trump administration was to purchase stock of the vaccine itself. It has nothing to do with the formulation or development of the vaccine. Which was done entirely in Germany. ------------------> The federal government’s deal with Pfizer would pay for the purchase of the company’s vaccine if it gets FDA emergency use authorization or approval. So Pfizer hasn’t gotten any Warp Speed funding yet. ------------------> https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/nov/19/pfizer-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-and-operation-war/ -------------> BioNTech and Moderna were working on their vaccines while Trump was still denying the existence of Covid-19. Most of the funding from the Trump administration was for purchasing the stockpiles of already completed vaccine. The Trump administration had zero to do with developing the vaccine itself.

Incentive to develop a vaccine at a faster speed to to get out successful dosages to the masses = Many billions in return. What you say is true, but denying the connection to the agreement. Doesn't matter if they didn't get it or not, they got to this point due to incentive, and are working hard to meet those goals to get that $$$. If you don't think they jumped through further hoops and speed due to "incentive" of mass money, then you're naive.

Gunny
03-05-2021, 09:26 PM
The deal made by the Trump administration was to purchase stock of the vaccine itself. It has nothing to do with the formulation or development of the vaccine. Which was done entirely in Germany. ------------------> The federal government’s deal with Pfizer would pay for the purchase of the company’s vaccine if it gets FDA emergency use authorization or approval. So Pfizer hasn’t gotten any Warp Speed funding yet. ------------------> https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/nov/19/pfizer-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-and-operation-war/ -------------> BioNTech and Moderna were working on their vaccines while Trump was still denying the existence of Covid-19. Most of the funding from the Trump administration was for purchasing the stockpiles of already completed vaccine. The Trump administration had zero to do with developing the vaccine itself.Just go get however many Band Aids it takes and call it a day :laugh:

LongTermGuy
03-05-2021, 10:46 PM
Just go get however many Band Aids it takes and call it a day :laugh:

:laugh:

http://wsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/as-comp-katie-price-facelift-v2.jpg

fj1200
03-06-2021, 08:16 AM

OWS wasn't just about funding. It was about deregulation. Cherry picking Pfizer doesn't help your point.

revelarts
03-06-2021, 11:50 AM
The jury is still out on the longer -term effects of it.
So it might be better, if you are able, to truthfully state that a few years from now, imho.
The old saying- "wait and see" often has great merit....--Tyr

agreed.

Has Gabby ever heard of the Opioid epidemic? Big pharma pushed them out to people to HELP them all correct?
Anyone read much about Gardasil HPV vaccine recalls and lawsuits going on right now?
The HPV vaccine was mandated by a few state gov'ts for young girls.... and boys who didn't even have risk for the problems the vax was supposed to address.
Swine Flu Vaccine Gillian Bar syndrome?
Remember Vioxx which was FDA approved 1999 but it was discovered years later by them that it caused strokes and heart attacks and the Company Merck KNEW IT.

Also why has the fed gov't set up a closed door vaccine court where big pharma gets immunity and people injured by vaccines get money from the U.S. tax payers?
https://www.fairwarning.org/2018/12/vaccine-court-pays-billions/
https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

It's not because people turn into crocodiles immediately after taking these drugs, it's because it's discovered .. or admitted ...later that there are serious negative health effects.

Gunny
03-06-2021, 12:10 PM
agreed.

Has Gabby ever heard of the Opioid epidemic? Big pharma pushed them out to people to HELP them all correct?
Anyone read much about Gardasil HPV vaccine recalls and lawsuits going on right now?
The HPV vaccine was mandated by a few state gov'ts for young girls.... and boys who didn't even have risk for the problems the vax was supposed to address.
Remember Vioxx which was FDA approved 1999 but it was discovered years later by them that it caused strokes and heart attacks and the Company Merck KNEW IT.

Also why has the fed gov't set up a closed door vaccine court where big pharma gets immunity and people injured by vaccines get money from the U.S. tax payers?

It's not because people turn into crocodiles immediately after taking these drugs, it's because it's discovered .. or admitted ...later that there are serious negative health effects.Exactly how I look at it. Remember all those "wonder drug" commercial from the late-90s - early-2000s? Big pharma had a cure for just about anything that ails you.

Ten years later most of the pharma commercials had been replaced by class action lawsuit commercials against the companies that dumped them on the public. There are just a few pharmaceuticals left on the market from back then.

That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Especially with a government reacting to public pressure. didn't that bring us the Patriot Act?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Hey, hey my friend.
One must not peek behind the curtain.
As the mighty OZ may then be seen. Just go along and trample forward with the herd.
Never mind the height and the clouds, the cliff edge will soon eliminate that pesky view!
The mighty OZ has spoken- do not tempt his wrath...--Tyr

NightTrain
03-06-2021, 12:53 PM
I have mixed feelings on the vaccines - not Pfizer's vaccine specifically but all of them because of the mad dash to roll them out in record time without the usual tests and procedures to ensure safety.

Shar and I could go get vaccinated right now - anyone over 40 in our part of AK is green lit, but we're still pondering it.

I'm confident that it's as vetted as possible in the limited amount of time available before rollout, but I'm uncomfortable with the necessary blanket immunity given to all the pharmaceutical companies.

There's a very good reason that pharma takes years of testing and clinical trials before going to market with new drugs.

On the other hand, Shar and I know a guy in Minnesota that caught the Kung Flu about a month ago, it put him in the hospital for over 2 weeks, is still on oxygen and lost his job... even though he caught it at work. Oh, and he suddenly developed a severe case of diabetes during all this. This bug kicked his ass hard, and he was in good health, about my age. He's never far from his oxygen bottle, even now.

We all know of drugs producing horrific symptoms down the road, and that's despite normal safeguards and a cautious rollout over several years.

We're all going to be part of the largest test of new drugs in the history of mankind on this one, either in the Control or in the Test groups.

What really astounds me is that there are nations buying Chinese made 'vaccines'. I'm quite sure we'll be hearing some hair-raising stories about those soon.

revelarts
03-06-2021, 02:38 PM
out of curiosity I looked up some old DP threads on the HPV vaccine.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?1696-Cancer-vaccine-being-forced-on-girls

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?15900-HPV-Vaccine-Kills-10-since-September-2007

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?19662-Study-HPV-vaccine-prevents-genital-warts-in-males

For current context
https://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/prescription-drugs/gardasil-lawsuit/

Abbey Marie
03-06-2021, 09:32 PM
agreed.

It's not because people turn into crocodiles immediately after taking these drugs, it's because it's discovered .. or admitted ...later that there are serious negative health effects.

Well, at least Russ can sue and get lots of $$ if I croak from the vaccine. ;)

SassyLady
03-07-2021, 12:56 AM
I go to VAERS for vaccine info. I think this is the Gabby said she received.

https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php