PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus passed, for illegals too

jimnyc
03-06-2021, 02:42 PM
With all of the extras tossed in, the money going to American citizens is only a small percentage and the rest to pet projects.

$422 billion of this money goes to the $1400 stimulus checks. How far is that going to get so so many that are even behind in rent, other bills, and still need to feed and care for families?

I read that less than 1% of the total money is going towards vaccine development and distribution. Ok then.

An increase in folks for food stamps. Welfare activities had skyrocketed under Obama to record levels, then went hugely down under Trump, and guaranteed to see it increase once again under Biden.

---

Democrats Vote Against Ted Cruz’s Amendment to Stop Stimulus Checks for Illegal Aliens

Democrats voted against his amendment to the proposed coronavirus relief package that would have stopped American taxpayers’ money from going to illegal aliens in $1,400 stimulus checks, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said Saturday.

Sen. Cruz announced the news in a Facebook post, referencing a tweet from the Senate Republican Cloakroom Staff:

https://i.imgur.com/yw0I97F.png

In an exclusive statement to Breitbart News on Friday, Cruz said, “Not only does this COVID bill fail to address the real needs of the American people who are suffering, but it hands out billions in taxpayer dollars to illegal immigrants.”

The senator’s office told the outlet blocking the checks would save citizens nearly $8 billion.

“Congress should come together to pass my amendment to stop this,” he continued, adding, “We need to stand for the American people, get our kids back to school, and reopen our small businesses.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/06/democrats-vote-against-ted-cruzs-amendment-to-stop-stimulus-checks-for-illegal-aliens/

icansayit
03-06-2021, 06:04 PM
It's their only way to guarantee MORE VOTES in the next elections for HYPOCRITES....I mean DUMOCRATS.

Gunny
03-06-2021, 06:15 PM
With all of the extras tossed in, the money going to American citizens is only a small percentage and the rest to pet projects.

$422 billion of this money goes to the $1400 stimulus checks. How far is that going to get so so many that are even behind in rent, other bills, and still need to feed and care for families?

I read that less than 1% of the total money is going towards vaccine development and distribution. Ok then.

An increase in folks for food stamps. Welfare activities had skyrocketed under Obama to record levels, then went hugely down under Trump, and guaranteed to see it increase once again under Biden.

---

Democrats Vote Against Ted Cruz’s Amendment to Stop Stimulus Checks for Illegal Aliens

Democrats voted against his amendment to the proposed coronavirus relief package that would have stopped American taxpayers’ money from going to illegal aliens in $1,400 stimulus checks, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said Saturday.

Sen. Cruz announced the news in a Facebook post, referencing a tweet from the Senate Republican Cloakroom Staff:

https://i.imgur.com/yw0I97F.png

In an exclusive statement to Breitbart News on Friday, Cruz said, “Not only does this COVID bill fail to address the real needs of the American people who are suffering, but it hands out billions in taxpayer dollars to illegal immigrants.”

The senator’s office told the outlet blocking the checks would save citizens nearly $8 billion.

“Congress should come together to pass my amendment to stop this,” he continued, adding, “We need to stand for the American people, get our kids back to school, and reopen our small businesses.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/06/democrats-vote-against-ted-cruzs-amendment-to-stop-stimulus-checks-for-illegal-aliens/Cruz better be careful. I agree with this proposed Bill. No way should American taxpayers be forced to pay (and we will -- can't wait for THAT shoe to drop) for illegal aliens meaning NOT US citizens. That's just bullshit.

Whether or not Cruz is jockeying for position to be the next Republican victim of the MSM/Dems, he's certainly skylined himself as of late as the guy left with the balls in the party. Dems target any such and destroy them one way or the other.

LongTermGuy
03-06-2021, 07:49 PM
Pure Bullshit....!

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.p3QY-g6GvwQQCxkqMjTZ3gHaE4&pid=Api&P=0&w=239&h=158

Gunny
03-06-2021, 08:38 PM
Maybe it's me BUT ... how can one be entitled to anything US citizens are entitled to if one is illegal? There is no logic to it. They don't have a Right to be here and by law don't have any Rights whatsoever beyond a deportation hearing.

LongTermGuy
03-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Maybe it's me BUT ... how can one be entitled to anything US citizens are entitled to if one is illegal? There is no logic to it. They don't have a Right to be here and by law don't have any Rights whatsoever beyond a deportation hearing.

They... Todays "Democrats"..have No Logic...They have a dangerous Game plan against America as "Americans" Know it...

Letting Illegals come in and swarm the USA....Including "infected" ones...Then paying them is sickening....and very Dangerous....What happens next...What Americans do about it is yet to be seen....Bad times are coming..and will continue until the Cancer of.. "woke" `hate America` Liberalism is defeated..."Stopped...."

jimnyc
03-07-2021, 02:12 PM

Sneak into other countries somehow and plop your ass down into an apartment or similar. Then ask the government of whichever country to give you a drivers license. And ask them to give you unemployment or other welfare to help live. Free education for kids and also free lunches. Free emergency medical care at hospitals and emergency clinics. Jobs galore under the table, while collecting those benefits, and they qualify for state benefits as well.

Over $100 billion per year spent on such services for illegals. If they were getting this $$ from the countries these folks came from, or just printing it as AOC thinks, then that's another thing. But nope, they collect monies from Americans and count it up and a large portion is taken from us to help those illegals.

Gunny
03-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Sneak into other countries somehow and plop your ass down into an apartment or similar. Then ask the government of whichever country to give you a drivers license. And ask them to give you unemployment or other welfare to help live. Free education for kids and also free lunches. Free emergency medical care at hospitals and emergency clinics. Jobs galore under the table, while collecting those benefits, and they qualify for state benefits as well.

Over $100 billion per year spent on such services for illegals. If they were getting this $$ from the countries these folks came from, or just printing it as AOC thinks, then that's another thing. But nope, they collect monies from Americans and count it up and a large portion is taken from us to help those illegals.Preaching to the choir, bro. I've lived in several foreign countries throughout my life and you learn REAL quick you are nobody and if you don't follow the rules they have a cell with your name on it and you don't have any Rights to anything.

gabosaurus
03-08-2021, 08:01 PM
With all of the extras tossed in, the money going to American citizens is only a small percentage and the rest to pet projects. $422 billion of this money goes to the $1400 stimulus checks. How far is that going to get so so many that are even behind in rent, other bills, and still need to feed and care for families? I read that less than 1% of the total money is going towards vaccine development and distribution. Ok then. An increase in folks for food stamps. Welfare activities had skyrocketed under Obama to record levels, then went hugely down under Trump, and guaranteed to see it increase once again under Biden. This is totally false. Stimulus checks are only issued to American citizens with social security numbers. Illegals do not have social security numbers. The checks are also sent to registered addresses. Illegals don't have this, either. And if the $1400 checks are insufficient to help people, why are Republicans so adamantly against it?

jimnyc
03-09-2021, 12:53 PM
This is totally false. Stimulus checks are only issued to American citizens with social security numbers. Illegals do not have social security numbers. The checks are also sent to registered addresses. Illegals don't have this, either. And if the $1400 checks are insufficient to help people, why are Republicans so adamantly against it?

I stand corrected as posted... but was confused. It didn't pass yet what I am thinking about, but admittedly what I posted does not cover that. But I did post about it so was confused.

The so called "CARES" act which is introduced, and if passed by Dems, would then have illegals qualify for the stimulus & other benefits as well. The reason? Right now folks need a qualifiable SS # as you correctly pointed out. But this act would change that, and then a simple individual taxpayer ID would also qualify, and you don't need to be a documented immigrant in order to qualify.

So, it was NOT a part of the recent released stimulus, and I was wrong. But that is soon to change, possibly.

To be clear - I was wrong, and Gabby is right. Treasure me saying that, it isn't often. :)

Better said here:

---

Fact check: House bill expands stimulus checks to some, not all, undocumented immigrants

The claim: Bill would give undocumented immigrants stimulus checks

An article from a conservative news site states a bill introduced in the House of Representatives would allow undocumented immigrants to receive stimulus checks as part of the CARES Act.

Democratic Reps. Lou Correa of California, Judy Chu of California and Raúl Grijalva of Arizona on April 3 introduced the bill, the Leave No Taxpayer Behind Act, "to allow 2020 recovery rebates to be made on the basis of an individual’s taxpayer identification number."

The legislation has nearly 50 co-sponsors, including Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Ruben Gallego of Arizona. The House, which is controlled by Democrats, has not passed the bill.

What the bill would do

The bill would amend the qualifications necessary to receive federal support provided by the CARES Act, the emergency coronavirus relief bill passed in March.

The CARES Act requires recipients of benefits to provide a valid Social Security number, which undocumented immigrants don’t have and can't legally get.

"When undocumented immigrants work with a SS number, it is either fake or someone else’s,” Steven Wallace, a community health sciences professor at UCLA said in an emailed statement to PolitiFact.

The Leave No Taxpayer Behind Act would amend the CARES Act by adding an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number as an acceptable credential to receive government benefits.

An ITIN is a number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service to make sure people who are not permitted to receive a Social Security number pay taxes “regardless of their immigration status,” according to the American Immigration Council, a nonprofit immigration research and advocacy organization.

Rest - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/23/fact-check-stimulus-checks-bill-aids-some-undocumented-immigrants-itin/3005695001/

icansayit
03-09-2021, 04:00 PM
This is totally false. Stimulus checks are only issued to American citizens with social security numbers. Illegals do not have social security numbers. The checks are also sent to registered addresses. Illegals don't have this, either. And if the $1400 checks are insufficient to help people, why are Republicans so adamantly against it?

Not totally false. Those American Tax Payer Checks to Illegals WILL be issued to THOSE WHO STOLE, OR BORROWED someone else's SSN. As for registered addresses...That has been proven BOGUS too!
Checks are randomly being sent to addresses that DO NOT EXIST, but someone on the Delivery side will be right there to GRAB their FREE $1400, and like the rest of the Illegals...Vanish into the darkness.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Not totally false. Those American Tax Payer Checks to Illegals WILL be issued to THOSE WHO STOLE, OR BORROWED someone else's SSN. As for registered addresses...That has been proven BOGUS too!
Checks are randomly being sent to addresses that DO NOT EXIST, but someone on the Delivery side will be right there to GRAB their FREE $1400, and like the rest of the Illegals...Vanish into the darkness.

And that number using stolen social security numbers is in the many hundreds of thousands.
The dems know this and it is just fine by them as they expect to receive future fruits from this.
As usual they do not care how many billions they give away -as long as it will gather them votes and future votes.
Which is by any reasonable standard--a tragic and sad reality for this nation and our future. -Tyr

jimnyc
03-11-2021, 01:43 PM
Looks like it wasn't so far after all.

---

Ted Cruz Unloads On Fellow Senator After Newsweek Makes Correction On Illegal Immigrants Receiving Stimulus Checks

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz called out Democratic Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin after Newsweek was forced to correct a fact check about illegal immigrants receiving stimulus checks.

Newsweek’s fact check, published Monday, dove into Cruz’s “claim that millions of illegal immigrants would receive stimulus payments.” Newsweek first dubbed the claim “mostly false” before having to issue a correction.

As a result of the correction, Cruz called out Durbin on Wednesday, tweeting that “facts are stubborn things.” Durbin previously accused Cruz of being untruthful during a vote-o-rama on the Senate floor Saturday.

https://i.imgur.com/wyGoTjh.png

“Cruz’s claim that millions of illegal immigrants would receive stimulus payments is not true, although some people who overstay their visas might be eligible for a stimulus payment based on their tax filings,” Newsweek originally wrote according to an archived version of the post.

One day after publication, Newsweek was forced to correct its fact check and give the claim a “true” rating. The magazine added in a statement from Customs and Border Patrol in its updated article as well.

“Cruz’s claim that millions of illegal immigrants would receive stimulus payments is true, given the amount of people who have overstayed their visas over the years. Once they overstay, they technically are considered ‘illegal,'” Newsweek’s current fact check reads.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/11/ted-cruz-dick-durbin-newsweek-correction-illegal-immigration-stimulus-checks/

And then here is Newsweek discussing this issue:

Fact Check: Will Millions of Illegal Immigrants Get Stimulus Checks, as Ted Cruz Says?

Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) proposed an amendment to the American Rescue Plan that would bar illegal immigrants from access to the $1,400 stimulus checks.

His amendment was voted down after Senator Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) criticized Cruz for trying to "rile people up over something that is not true."

The Claim

Cruz claimed on Twitter that illegal immigrants would be eligible for the $1,400 stimulus checks included in the American Rescue Plan.

On March 6, Cruz tweeted, "When the checks go out, millions of illegal immigrants WILL GET $1400 checks."

https://i.imgur.com/H7pSNzC.png

He wrote that many people considered illegal immigrants are those who have overstayed their visas, and therefore have Social Security numbers.

Cruz argued that the possession of Social Security numbers will allow unlawfully present individuals to obtain the stimulus money.

The Facts

Anyone who pays taxes in the United States as a resident is eligible for a stimulus payment under the American Rescue Plan. That includes non-citizens.

For example, a citizen of Canada who is living and working full time in the U.S. would have a Social Security number and would be eligible for a stimulus payment.

The United States Department of Homeland Security website describes unauthorized immigrants as foreign-born non-citizens who live in the United States without legal residence.

Individuals who overstay their visas but pay tax in the United States using a Social Security number can be eligible for stimulus payments. The most recent available data for the number of visa overstays in the United States is from 2019, released by the Department of Homeland Security. It said that 1.21 percent of visas in that year were overstayed, or 676,422 overstays. In 2019, student visas (1.52 percent) had a higher overstay rate than those from Canada and Mexico (.75 percent, 1.27 percent, respectively).

Illegal immigrants would not be eligible to receive a check if they do not have a Social Security number.

Immigrants who overstay their visas no longer are lawfully in the country but retain their Social Security numbers and therefore are eligible to receive a check.

"Technically, if they have overstayed their visa, they are here illegally," a spokeswoman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection told Newsweek. "If a visitor has not been granted an extension of status by USCIS [United States Citizenship and Immigration Services], then they are considered to be overstays and subject to deportable status under 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

People who qualify as legal residents include those who have passed the green card test (permanent legal residents) or those who pass the substantial presence test. That test requires taxpayers to be physically present in the United States for 31 days of the current year and 183 days for the past three years.

Anyone who has a green card is considered a legal permanent resident, and would be eligible for the stimulus payment.

The Ruling

True.

Cruz's claim that millions of illegal immigrants would receive stimulus payments is true, given the amount of people who have overstayed their visas over the years. Once they overstay, they technically are considered "illegal."

Correction, March 9, 4:00 pm EST: The ruling on this story has been corrected to true. A statement from Customs and Border Patrol has been added.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-will-illegal-immigrants-receive-stimulus-checks-ted-cruz-says-1574627

So, I had written earlier:

To be clear - I was wrong, and Gabby is right. Treasure me saying that, it isn't often. :)

So, unfortunately, I must revise that. That's all though. :)

gabosaurus
03-11-2021, 03:30 PM
Nope, still wrong. If any illegals or prisoners receive stimulus checks, it is an overwhelming few. The language of the bill remains the same. ------------>https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/09/murderers-undocumented-immigrants-hyped-claims-about-whos-getting-stimulus-checks/

jimnyc
03-11-2021, 07:17 PM
Nope, still wrong. If any illegals or prisoners receive stimulus checks, it is an overwhelming few. The language of the bill remains the same. ------------>https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/09/murderers-undocumented-immigrants-hyped-claims-about-whos-getting-stimulus-checks/

Nope, nice try, and that's the same thing again and nothing more than talking about how illegals or others cannot get a stimulus check without a SS #.

As border and customs, and newsweek & cruz - all clearly and correctly pointed out - that people overstaying visas can still qualify. You state it's an overwhelming few - and I disagree again on that point, which goes back to making Cruz correct.

And these stories below go on and on. And do the yearly math over time.

So still correct, as you still aren't 'reading' the articles you post yourself, nor the articles covering what the data states and border and customs.

Individuals who overstay their visas but pay tax in the United States using a Social Security number can be eligible for stimulus payments. The most recent available data for the number of visa overstays in the United States is from 2019, released by the Department of Homeland Security. It said that 1.21 percent of visas in that year were overstayed, or 676,422 overstays. In 2019, student visas (1.52 percent) had a higher overstay rate than those from Canada and Mexico (.75 percent, 1.27 percent, respectively).

Illegal immigrants would not be eligible to receive a check if they do not have a Social Security number.

Immigrants who overstay their visas no longer are lawfully in the country but retain their Social Security numbers and therefore are eligible to receive a check.

"Technically, if they have overstayed their visa, they are here illegally," a spokeswoman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection told Newsweek. "If a visitor has not been granted an extension of status by USCIS [United States Citizenship and Immigration Services], then they are considered to be overstays and subject to deportable status under 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

People who qualify as legal residents include those who have passed the green card test (permanent legal residents) or those who pass the substantial presence test. That test requires taxpayers to be physically present in the United States for 31 days of the current year and 183 days for the past three years.

Anyone who has a green card is considered a legal permanent resident, and would be eligible for the stimulus payment.

---

The Real Illegal Immigration Crisis Isn’t on the Southern Border

Focusing on asylum seekers who cross land borders ignores the real problem: people who overstay their visas.

f curbing illegal immigration is the goal, as politicians in the United States and Europe argue, then no wall or border fence will stop the West’s largest source of such immigrants. They are not the subject of televised debates or of long stories highlighting their plight. Many are invisible, making them hard to count, and little attention is paid to them. Yet focusing on them might yield better results than focusing on those fleeing violence and persecution.

The group in question? Visa overstays.

These immigrants, who enter countries legally on student, tourist, or work visas and then stay past their visa’s expiration date, are often overlooked in the discussion of illegal immigration. But in the past 10 years, visa overstays in the United States have outnumbered border crossings by a ratio of about 2 to 1, according to Robert Warren, who was for a decade the director of the statistics division at the agency that has since been renamed U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and who is now a senior visiting fellow at the Center for Migration Studies, a New York–based organization. Elsewhere, the issue is even more pronounced—in Britain and Australia, the absence of a land border of the kind the United States has with Mexico and Canada means that nearly all illegal immigration comes in the form of visa overstays. Most people who are in Britain illegally, for example, entered legally and simply stayed on after their visa expired, research by Oxford University’s Migration Observatory shows.

(just a piece of the math)

In the U.S., visa overstays have exceeded illegal border crossings in each of the past seven years. In 2016, about 515,000 people arrived in the United States illegally, the Center for Migration Studies said in a report. Of these, 320,000, more than three-fifths, overstayed their visas, and the rest crossed a land border illegally. But tracking people who enter the U.S. legally until they leave is difficult. The Department of Homeland Security conducted its own analysis for fiscal year 2017, and its estimate was 702,000 overstayers. (To be clear, that number is a small fraction, 1.33 percent, of the more than 50 million people who arrive in the U.S. each year on valid visas.)

Rest - https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/04/real-immigration-crisis-people-overstaying-their-visas/587485/

Where Does Illegal Immigration Mostly Occur? Here's What The Data Tell Us

Most undocumented immigrants didn't enter this country through Tijuana, where news cameras have captured images of thousands of immigrants seeking refuge during recent months.

And they didn't enter near the border town of McAllen, Texas, which the president visited Thursday during the 20th day of a partial government shutdown fought over constructing additional barriers on the Southern border.

When it comes to people in the country without proper documentation, the majority of them didn't cross the Mexican border at all. Most of them came to the United States legally — but then don't leave.

About 700,000 travelers to the United States overstayed their visas in fiscal 2017, the most recent year for which the Department of Homeland Security has published figures. DHS estimated that, as of Sept. 30, 2017, the end of that fiscal year, more than 600,000 of those travelers were still in the U.S.

Visa overstays have outnumbered people who enter the country illegally at the Southern border every year since 2007, according to a report by the Center for Migration Studies. The report's authors estimate that the number of total visa overstays was 600,000 more than the total number of border crossers and that in 2014, visa overstays accounted for two-thirds of all new undocumented immigrants.

Rest - https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691/where-does-illegal-immigration-mostly-occur-heres-what-the-data-tell-us

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers. This is not a blip, but a trend which has become the norm," said Donald Kerwin, CMS' executive director, in a statement. "As these numbers indicate, construction of hundreds of more miles of border wall would not address the challenge of irregular migration into our country, far from it."

The study also finds that the undocumented population from Mexico fell by almost 400,000 people in 2017 and that since 2010, the number of undocumented from that country fell by 1.3 million.

Rest - https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/686056668/for-seventh-consecutive-year-visa-overstays-exceeded-illegal-border-crossings