PDA

View Full Version : As gas prices soar, Americans can blame Joe Biden

jimnyc
03-09-2021, 01:24 PM
How are the prices for everyone else? We have prices here at like $2.75 - $3.37 for premium. All I know is I was filling my truck in the range of $48-$55 tops, and now it's costing me like $62-$65 to fill. :(

---

As gas prices soar, Americans can blame Joe Biden

President Biden is already boosting oil prices, and he’s barely gotten started.

Biden is frantic to help Americans hard-hit by COVID-19, or so he says. But while his $1.9 trillion “American Rescue Plan” would send cash to millions, much of that windfall may go to pay for higher gasoline and home heating prices.

Americans should blame Biden, but not for the reason you might think. Biden’s attack on U.S. energy producers, starting with his freeze on federal oil and gas leases, will assuredly take a toll on output down the road and cause prices at the pump to rise.

But today, Biden has pushed those prices, which were already rising because of severe weather, even higher by gratuitously alienating Saudi Arabia. The Gulf kingdom just surprised energy markets by announcing it would not raise oil output, despite developing supply constraints and rising prices. Oil prices jumped on the news, popping 4 percent to pre-pandemic levels for the first time in a year; the surge rattled markets already nervous about rising inflation.

The Saudis are reminding Biden that they can be a valuable ally or a formidable foe.

In his fever to undo every vestige of the Trump presidency, Biden has undermined the extraordinary progress made by the previous administration towards peace in the Middle East, including by “recalibrating” our relationship with Saudi Arabia. The signing of the Abraham Accords between Israel and the UAE, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco marked an undisputed breakthrough in opening relations among bitter enemies and also in ring-fencing a belligerent Iran.

Rest - https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/541833-as-gas-prices-soar-americans-can-blame-joe-biden?rl=1

Gunny
03-09-2021, 01:37 PM
How are the prices for everyone else? We have prices here at like $2.75 - $3.37 for premium. All I know is I was filling my truck in the range of $48-$55 tops, and now it's costing me like $62-$65 to fill. :(

---

President Biden is already boosting oil prices, and he’s barely gotten started.

Biden is frantic to help Americans hard-hit by COVID-19, or so he says. But while his $1.9 trillion “American Rescue Plan” would send cash to millions, much of that windfall may go to pay for higher gasoline and home heating prices.

Americans should blame Biden, but not for the reason you might think. Biden’s attack on U.S. energy producers, starting with his freeze on federal oil and gas leases, will assuredly take a toll on output down the road and cause prices at the pump to rise.

But today, Biden has pushed those prices, which were already rising because of severe weather, even higher by gratuitously alienating Saudi Arabia. The Gulf kingdom just surprised energy markets by announcing it would not raise oil output, despite developing supply constraints and rising prices. Oil prices jumped on the news, popping 4 percent to pre-pandemic levels for the first time in a year; the surge rattled markets already nervous about rising inflation.

The Saudis are reminding Biden that they can be a valuable ally or a formidable foe.

In his fever to undo every vestige of the Trump presidency, Biden has undermined the extraordinary progress made by the previous administration towards peace in the Middle East, including by “recalibrating” our relationship with Saudi Arabia. The signing of the Abraham Accords between Israel and the UAE, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco marked an undisputed breakthrough in opening relations among bitter enemies and also in ring-fencing a belligerent Iran.

Rest - https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/541833-as-gas-prices-soar-americans-can-blame-joe-biden?rl=1The Saudi's pulled the Same on Jimmy Carter. I do recall sitting in line on odd numbered days (based on the last number on your tag) for over an hour to get my max $5 worth. Because Carter pulled the same shit on the oil and gas industry Biden is.

Deja vu?