PDA

View Full Version : Fu to Youtube

jimnyc
03-09-2021, 01:34 PM
F*** you Youtube!! :death::dev2::dev3::upyours::321::wtf::finger3::fu ::pee:

So many a time I read a news story and it may contain a twitter video or whatever that cannot be shared remotely, only due to software limitations. So I upload it to youtube and don't monetize or anything like that and it's under proper protections. At least until Youtube finds them, and deletes all of them claiming:

"We wanted to let you know our team reviewed your content, and we think it violates our spam, deceptive practices and scams policy. We know you may not have realized this was a violation of our policies, so we're not applying a strike to your channel. However, we have removed the following content from YouTube."

And quite a few emails later, a bunch of my videos are now gone.

And lower in the emails they make it clear why, and which ones were deleted:

"Content that advances false claims that widespread fraud, errors, or glitches changed the outcome of the U.S. 2020 presidential election is not allowed on YouTube."

So as you can see, any video I uploaded that may have questioned the election in any way, is now gone. Oh well, not unexpected.

Gunny
03-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Problem of the day for those of us like minded folk suffering the tyranny of Big Tech: How to get around Big Tech? It's like trying to shop and get around China.

SassyLady
03-10-2021, 02:32 AM
When someone tries this hard to shut something down it just escalates the issue.