PDA

View Full Version : Got Vaccinated Today

NightTrain
03-11-2021, 02:56 PM
Just got back from getting the Moderna vaccine. Booster shot to follow on 4/5.

I barely felt the stick at all... it's much less painful than a flu shot. Or any other shot for that matter. I had to ask the nurse if that was it.... that's pretty nice.

Something I wasn't prepared for was the speed rush it gave me. It's similar to an adrenaline or cocaine rush and I'm still feeling it an hour later. There's something in the cocktail that's a powerful stimulant.

Shar is holding off for now. She's got enough issues going without introducing an experimental drug into the mix.

jimnyc
03-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Be safe my friend!

LongTermGuy
03-11-2021, 08:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwPbVLUUUAIoUeN?format=jpg&name=small

Gunny
03-12-2021, 02:18 PM
Just got back from getting the Moderna vaccine. Booster shot to follow on 4/5.

I barely felt the stick at all... it's much less painful than a flu shot. Or any other shot for that matter. I had to ask the nurse if that was it.... that's pretty nice.

Something I wasn't prepared for was the speed rush it gave me. It's similar to an adrenaline or cocaine rush and I'm still feeling it an hour later. There's something in the cocktail that's a powerful stimulant.

Shar is holding off for now. She's got enough issues going without introducing an experimental drug into the mix.So I should plan this shot around a home project? :)

tailfins
03-12-2021, 02:27 PM
So I should plan this shot around a home project? :)

I would recommend a painting project that has an emphasis on creative flair. Wear a hat, though, unless you want interesting hair.

Abbey Marie
03-12-2021, 04:15 PM
No adrenaline for me from the Pfizer shot either time. I wonder if Moderna is different that way, or if it’s an individual thing...

NightTrain
03-13-2021, 01:51 AM
No adrenaline for me from the Pfizer shot either time. I wonder if Moderna is different that way, or if it’s an individual thing...

Could be. I was feverish and thrashing all night, guess I kept Shar up. My body definitely responded forcefully to that and immune system went to Defcon 4.

Feeling fine today. Word is that the 2nd Moderna shot is the riskier one.

BTW, if the Democrats get their way, that CDC Card I posted will be your travel papers.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-13-2021, 09:58 AM
My take is those that take the vaccine shot are doing what they think is best.
I have no problem at all with that decision.
However, I stand alone-- as is my usual way.
I've decided to wait and see for as long as possible.
And only if forced at the point of a gun -do I yield to submit to that vaccine shot.
And maybe not even then.. Yes, that is me and my way.
As I am of Viking, German, English/Irish bloodlines-thus not ever prone to yielding or submitting
to anything I deem to be quite likely unnecessary or potentially bad for me....
And that way/decision to the point of dedicated and unrelenting ferocious battle.
Such is and always has been either the great strength or else the deep curse that I carry.
As is the razor-sharp sword that has never rusted in my scabbard and never will .... -Tyr

tailfins
03-13-2021, 05:55 PM

I took the Pfizer shot and had a reaction similar to what NT described. The immunization site was a sight to behold. There had to be at least 2,000 cars that started in three lanes, then spread out like a huge set of toll booths: Round 'em up and move 'em on, Texas style. I question whether people should be driving when disoriented like that. However, in Texas, it would be hard to notice the difference.

Gunny
03-13-2021, 06:04 PM
I would recommend a painting project that has an emphasis on creative flair. Wear a hat, though, unless you want interesting hair.I forgot this reply :)

So, you're telling me that no only do I get a speed rush, I'm also going to grow hair? :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
06-01-2021, 01:59 PM
So I should plan this shot around a home project? :)

Only if you don't worry about possibly invoking any life insurance policy. Getting a non-FDA approved medication (this is not a vaccine under the actual legal & scientific definition, btw) may void your insurance policy.

Kinda surprised that any of the conservatives on here took it willingly given the shady origins (Fauci and Bill Gates financially tied to it) and the fact that this MRNA technology has no success rate in any other testing environment.

jimnyc
06-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Only if you don't worry about possibly invoking any life insurance policy. Getting a non-FDA approved medication (this is not a vaccine under the actual legal & scientific definition, btw) may void your insurance policy.

Kinda surprised that any of the conservatives on here took it willingly given the shady origins (Fauci and Bill Gates financially tied to it) and the fact that this MRNA technology has no success rate in any other testing environment.

I don't know a huge amount myself, but was of the understanding that it was very helpful in oncology medications.

fj1200
06-01-2021, 03:19 PM
... given the shady origins...

Like trump FDA signing off on it and practically the only thing about COVID he did right?

darin
06-02-2021, 11:36 AM
Am unsure how I feel about never taking that (or any) vaccine, thanks to a history of vaccine-induced *rhabdomyolysis. And I wonder had we done the covid thing more like chicken-pox (when someone is sick, bring over otherwise-healthy folk so they can get it, then build future immunity) we'd have been better-off.

*"Rhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition involving the rapid dissolution of damaged or injured skeletal muscle. This disruption of skeletal muscle integrity leads to the direct release of intracellular muscle components, including myoglobin, creatine kinase (CK), aldolase, and lactate dehydrogenase, as well as electrolytes, into the bloodstream and extracellular space. Rhabdomyolysis ranges from an asymptomatic illness with elevation in the CK level to a life-threatening condition associated with extreme elevations in CK, electrolyte imbalances, acute renal failure (ARF), and disseminated intravascular coagulation." Normal CK range is 22 to 198 U/L. My CK levels were 50,000 u/L.

Gunny
06-02-2021, 11:41 AM
Am unsure how I feel about never taking that (or any) vaccine, thanks to a history of vaccine-induced *rhabdomyolysis. And I wonder had we done the covid thing more like chicken-pox (when someone is sick, bring over otherwise-healthy folk so they can get it, then build future immunity) we'd have been better-off.

*"Rhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition involving the rapid dissolution of damaged or injured skeletal muscle. This disruption of skeletal muscle integrity leads to the direct release of intracellular muscle components, including myoglobin, creatine kinase (CK), aldolase, and lactate dehydrogenase, as well as electrolytes, into the bloodstream and extracellular space. Rhabdomyolysis ranges from an asymptomatic illness with elevation in the CK level to a life-threatening condition associated with extreme elevations in CK, electrolyte imbalances, acute renal failure (ARF), and disseminated intravascular coagulation." Normal CK range is 22 to 198 U/L. My CK levels were 50,000 u/L. Pretty good case for "why not", IMO.

xcz36
06-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Good luck.

SassyLady
06-02-2021, 05:08 PM
From the moment I heard mRNA was involved it was not for me. Then discovering the ingredients and watching various reactions solidified my decision to not vaccinate. I'm also lucky that I don't have any situations in my life where I'm required to have it ... i.e., job, visitation of elderly, etc.

As I've mentioned before ... 3 of my doctors said my immune system, in conjunction with ivermectin or hydroxychlorocline, should take care of the virus if I became infected. After all, almost 99% of those infected recovered.

KitchenKitten99
06-17-2021, 08:50 AM
Like trump FDA signing off on it and practically the only thing about COVID he did right?

Um, they didn't sign off on it. Approved for EUA, not formally approved as any other 'vaccine' would.

This isn't even a vaccine by definition. It is MRNA gene therapy. Vaccines use isolated and weakened versions of viruses. This particular one does not because no one has ever actually been able to isolate the COVID-19 strain and keep it stable enough to work with it.

KitchenKitten99
06-17-2021, 08:55 AM
I don't know a huge amount myself, but was of the understanding that it was very helpful in oncology medications.

Hard to be helpful in any situation when they stopped testing MRNA technology on most other situations because the testing animals kept dying.

jimnyc
06-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Hard to be helpful in any situation when they stopped testing MRNA technology on most other situations because the testing animals kept dying.

Maybe in some situations but it's been long used in other areas and getting better. I certainly won't touch this particular vaccine (arguing either way) as it was in fact sped up and spit out, we we have to wait and find out. Not good there. :rolleyes:

But mrna has in fact been used since the 90's in other departments, including vaccines. But when not used for a particular virus/infection/ailment, then we are all kind of like guinea pigs since the trials weren't nearly as large and time consuming as it would normally be.

But it has been used in oncology, it's helped get rid of diabetes symptoms... - and like I mentioned already, cancer things, allergy shots & parasite vaccines. So it's not like mrna technology just got started and we're the first. They've been working on it for 30+ years now. But with that said, it's still new, still used very little with success and the majority of it is still in testing phases.

We'll unfortunately have to wait a few decades to see things in the bigger picture - but thus far the success rate looked at, or the negatives looked at, it's been very successful so far. The number of total people vaccinated in the USA is pretty much standard across the board. There are varying reports of amount of people that were killed after getting the vaccine. Using them from the lowest I could find to the highest, it's like .0017% to like .0029%. When you're that person or a family member or loved one, you don't want to hear any of that. But overall looking at the population to what we're seeing thus far, the numbers are beyond expectations.

Nonetheless, I've had both Pfizer shots, and admittedly a tad nervous about anything developing down the line.

fj1200
06-17-2021, 05:10 PM
Um, they didn't sign off on it. Approved for EUA, not formally approved as any other 'vaccine' would.

This isn't even a vaccine by definition. It is MRNA gene therapy. Vaccines use isolated and weakened versions of viruses. This particular one does not because no one has ever actually been able to isolate the COVID-19 strain and keep it stable enough to work with it.

Uh yeah, they did. Emergency Use Authorization as you mentioned is them signing off on it. The formal approval process is ongoing. Pfizer has requested full approval.

But call it what you will, rah, trump administration, rah! They actually got something right.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2023, 07:12 PM
From the moment I heard mRNA was involved it was not for me. Then discovering the ingredients and watching various reactions solidified my decision to not vaccinate. I'm also lucky that I don't have any situations in my life where I'm required to have it ... i.e., job, visitation of elderly, etc.

As I've mentioned before ... 3 of my doctors said my immune system, in conjunction with ivermectin or hydroxychlorocline, should take care of the virus if I became infected. After all, almost 99% of those infected recovered.\\

Here is my thing about it all. A bit over 99%recover i infected. But government is acting like 99% die. Which points to some kind of hidden agenda, imho.
Such a massive overreaction causes suspicion and rightly so..[ Tyr

AHZ
09-18-2023, 04:11 AM
Uh yeah, they did. Emergency Use Authorization as you mentioned is them signing off on it. The formal approval process is ongoing. Pfizer has requested full approval.

But call it what you will, rah, trump administration, rah! They actually got something right.

this is apt.

fj likes the only thing trump got wrong.

lmao.

fj1200
09-18-2023, 10:38 AM
this is apt.

fj likes the only thing trump got wrong.

lmao.

It's sad that you don't know what you're talking about. It did its job.

AHZ
09-18-2023, 10:40 AM
It's sad that you don't know what you're talking about. It did its job.

i never injected the dum dum sauce.

or implemented it in trade policy.

what draws you to stupidity?

I'm just conducting a survey.