PDA

View Full Version : The Acquittal of Derek Chauvin Has Already Begun

jimnyc
03-12-2021, 07:01 PM
Buckle up, ladies and gentlemen, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

And for the leftist fanatics with antifa and blm, I think it's a win-win for those that wish to continue their destructive ways. I think they continue either way. But if Chauvin is found not guilty? Yikes.

The writer seems a little jaded if you ask me, and sounds like someone who is gauging things based on race and emotion and not the facts. And yes, he's a black man. Reminds me of Reid. :rolleyes:

---

The Acquittal of Derek Chauvin Has Already Begun

The jury selection process, which started this week, shows how the cop who killed George Floyd can, and likely will, win.

Derek Chauvin is the Minneapolis police officer who killed George Floyd. I don’t have to say “allegedly” killed, because I saw it. Floyd was alive, and then, eight minutes and 46 seconds later, he was not, and the only intervening event that happened was Chauvin’s knee on his neck.

Chauvin’s trial started this week, and soon a jury, comprised mainly of white people (of this we can be almost certain), will tell us whether they think killing a Black man should be a crime. In a reasonable world, this trial would be perfunctory. Hell, in a reasonable world, there wouldn’t even be a trial: Chauvin would have accepted some kind of plea deal. That’s what most people do when they are caught on camera killing someone.

But we don’t live in a reasonable world—we live in a white one. Chauvin is white, and he’s a cop. And his victim was Black. In most situations, that’s all you need to get away with murder.

Chauvin’s attorneys will likely argue that something else killed Floyd during the nearly nine minutes Chauvin was suffocating him. They will claim that Floyd had some underlying health problem that made him more vulnerable to vicious police brutality than the average Black man or that something happened before the video that justified the brutality caught on camera. They will declare that Floyd’s death was “tragic,” but fundamentally Floyd’s fault. Somehow. (like the one thing you don't discuss, deadly fentanyl?)

These arguments are ludicrous and should be treated as such. Floyd is dead because he was Black, and Chauvin figured it was okay to choke a Black person to death. But Chauvin will not be judged by anyone who understands such basic facts. He will not be judged by me or anybody like me. I’m not “impartial” about whether Black people should be treated with the same basic human dignity as white people. According to the white people who run this system, that makes me too “biased” to sit on Chauvin’s jury.

Instead, Chauvin will be tried in front of a jury composed predominately of white people who haven’t yet made up their minds on the whole violent police brutality question. You know the people I’m talking about: the “maybe all lives should matter?” folks. The people who use “urban” when they mean “Black” and “thug” when they mean “n*****r” but can’t say it because they’re in public. The system will trot out 12 of the least-informed people it can find, people who didn’t even bother to fully educate themselves on why there was a massive uprising of Black people throughout the country all summer. And then that system will call their judgment “justice.”

Rest - https://www.thenation.com/article/society/chauvin-jury-selection/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-13-2021, 09:15 AM

And for the leftist fanatics with antifa and blm, I think it's a win-win for those that wish to continue their destructive ways. I think they continue either way. But if Chauvin is found not guilty? Yikes.

The writer seems a little jaded if you ask me, and sounds like someone who is gauging things based on race and emotion and not the facts. And yes, he's a black man. Reminds me of Reid. :rolleyes:

---

The jury selection process, which started this week, shows how the cop who killed George Floyd can, and likely will, win.

Derek Chauvin is the Minneapolis police officer who killed George Floyd. I don’t have to say “allegedly” killed, because I saw it. Floyd was alive, and then, eight minutes and 46 seconds later, he was not, and the only intervening event that happened was Chauvin’s knee on his neck.

Chauvin’s trial started this week, and soon a jury, comprised mainly of white people (of this we can be almost certain), will tell us whether they think killing a Black man should be a crime. In a reasonable world, this trial would be perfunctory. Hell, in a reasonable world, there wouldn’t even be a trial: Chauvin would have accepted some kind of plea deal. That’s what most people do when they are caught on camera killing someone.

But we don’t live in a reasonable world—we live in a white one. Chauvin is white, and he’s a cop. And his victim was Black. In most situations, that’s all you need to get away with murder.

Chauvin’s attorneys will likely argue that something else killed Floyd during the nearly nine minutes Chauvin was suffocating him. They will claim that Floyd had some underlying health problem that made him more vulnerable to vicious police brutality than the average Black man or that something happened before the video that justified the brutality caught on camera. They will declare that Floyd’s death was “tragic,” but fundamentally Floyd’s fault. Somehow. (like the one thing you don't discuss, deadly fentanyl?)

These arguments are ludicrous and should be treated as such. Floyd is dead because he was Black, and Chauvin figured it was okay to choke a Black person to death. But Chauvin will not be judged by anyone who understands such basic facts. He will not be judged by me or anybody like me. I’m not “impartial” about whether Black people should be treated with the same basic human dignity as white people. According to the white people who run this system, that makes me too “biased” to sit on Chauvin’s jury.

Instead, Chauvin will be tried in front of a jury composed predominately of white people who haven’t yet made up their minds on the whole violent police brutality question. You know the people I’m talking about: the “maybe all lives should matter?” folks. The people who use “urban” when they mean “Black” and “thug” when they mean “n*****r” but can’t say it because they’re in public. The system will trot out 12 of the least-informed people it can find, people who didn’t even bother to fully educate themselves on why there was a massive uprising of Black people throughout the country all summer. And then that system will call their judgment “justice.”

Rest - https://www.thenation.com/article/society/chauvin-jury-selection/

There is no damn way that ffing cop should win! He damn well knew what he was doing to the man . Thus --intent...
In my opinion, he should at least get 20 to life in prison. if not a rope...
In my youth. I myself, have had encounters with such ffing worthless slime-ball cops...-Tyr

Gunny
03-13-2021, 03:45 PM

---

Rest - https://www.thenation.com/article/society/chauvin-jury-selection/The author meant nothing more nor less by presenting this article to stir racial hatred.

On a side note, whining that jury iwill be mostly white (without actual knowledge) is race baiting and I have a response. Jurors HERE, are registered voters and homeowners without felony records. So what is this assclown saying about people of any other color than white? The rule itself does not single anyone out by color. Only the author does.

If this officer is not found guilty of murder, I will be as outraged as anyone, just not surprised. We don't have a justice system anymore.

jimnyc
03-13-2021, 06:07 PM
There is no damn way that ffing cop should win! He damn well knew what he was doing to the man . Thus --intent...
In my opinion, he should at least get 20 to life in prison. if not a rope...
In my youth. I myself, have had encounters with such ffing worthless slime-ball cops...-Tyr

Yup, just wrote similar in another thread. No way he should be let off, he's got 2nd and 3rd degree murder charges against him now.

The author meant nothing more nor less by presenting this article to stir racial hatred.

On a side note, whining that jury iwill be mostly white (without actual knowledge) is race baiting and I have a response. Jurors HERE, are registered voters and homeowners without felony records. So what is this assclown saying about people of any other color than white? The rule itself does not single anyone out by color. Only the author does.

If this officer is not found guilty of murder, I will be as outraged as anyone, just not surprised. We don't have a justice system anymore.

I think he's screwed the more I look at the text of the charges against him:

2nd degree murder:

609.19 MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.

Subdivision 1.Intentional murder; drive-by shootings. Whoever does either of the following is guilty of murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(1) causes the death of a human being with intent to effect the death of that person or another, but without premeditation; or

(2) causes the death of a human being while committing or attempting to commit a drive-by shooting in violation of section 609.66, subdivision 1e, under circumstances other than those described in section 609.185, paragraph (a), clause (3).

§Subd. 2.Unintentional murders. Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting; or

(2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection and the victim is a person designated to receive protection under the order. As used in this clause, "order for protection" includes an order for protection issued under chapter 518B; a harassment restraining order issued under section 609.748; a court order setting conditions of pretrial release or conditions of a criminal sentence or juvenile court disposition; a restraining order issued in a marriage dissolution action; and any order issued by a court of another state or of the United States that is similar to any of these orders.

3rd degree murder:

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

(b) Whoever, without intent to cause death, proximately causes the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $40,000, or both.

1 - Causes death with intent
No drive by shooting involved here
2 - Unintentional murder while committing felony
No order involved here
3 - Without intent but acting with depraved mind and no regard for life
No controlled substance selling or trading of any kind

So which of the 3 above is most likely? Intent directly? Unintentional & committing a felony with his knee actions? No intent, but depraved & no regard?

I can see all 3. Both unintentional should be most likely. Which one?

Gunny
03-14-2021, 10:13 AM
Yup, just wrote similar in another thread. No way he should be let off, he's got 2nd and 3rd degree murder charges against him now.

I think he's screwed the more I look at the text of the charges against him:

1 - Causes death with intent
No drive by shooting involved here
2 - Unintentional murder while committing felony
No order involved here
3 - Without intent but acting with depraved mind and no regard for life
No controlled substance selling or trading of any kind

So which of the 3 above is most likely? Intent directly? Unintentional & committing a felony with his knee actions? No intent, but depraved & no regard?

I can see all 3. Both unintentional should be most likely. Which one?I'm going with 3rd degree murder considering the circumstances. I don't think this D.F. cop intended to cause the death of the druggie. His actions DID however result in the death of the druggie.

IMO, the best the defense could hope for is negligent homicide. Dreaming but they can try. Chauvin is being tried by leftist emotion in the court of public opinion with the unspoken threat of riots and looting looming should the outcome not come out as the mob wishes. Great country:rolleyes:.

fj1200
03-14-2021, 02:52 PM
I can make an argument for not guilty across the board. Just watch the 8 minutes prior to the original 8 minute video. Never happen though.

jimnyc
03-14-2021, 05:39 PM
I can make an argument for not guilty across the board. Just watch the 8 minutes prior to the original 8 minute video. Never happen though.

We're gonna see someone make a good argument. Like I said, I thought I could see an argument being made for any of the above.

If an argument can be made that Floyd was having an 'episode' already, of which he was, that may help. And that Chauvin's actions were no more or less than what was practiced in the field. But mainly they will claim he had an overdose.

fj1200
03-14-2021, 07:07 PM
We're gonna see someone make a good argument. Like I said, I thought I could see an argument being made for any of the above.

If an argument can be made that Floyd was having an 'episode' already, of which he was, that may help. And that Chauvin's actions were no more or less than what was practiced in the field. But mainly they will claim he had an overdose.

I think a straight up trial depends on two things. 1, do they overcharge and 2, was he following police procedure.

LongTermGuy
03-14-2021, 07:20 PM
Buckle up `their` ass...let the court system work...do not try and always make it work your way by looting..rioting...burning..and attacking inocent people...

When the looting...burning & rioting starts...(because it will happen anyway..they are itching for it)...start shooting them on site...dont worry about the liberal media...but watch how fast looting rioting and burning will STOP....!!

But here is the thing...Most are Leftist (Liberal) run cities...and there will be no shooting of the scumbags doing it...after all is done..cities burned...stores looted...Innocent people hurt or killed The crazed leftist in power now running America will just add another Stimulus to rebuild the cities ...and release any scum bags that happen to be in Jail...

And the beat goes on....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Buckle up `their` ass...let the court system work...do not try and always make it work your way by looting..rioting...burning..and attacking inocent people...

When the looting...burning & rioting starts...(because it will happen anyway..they are itching for it)...start shooting them on site...dont worry about the liberal media...but watch how fast looting rioting and burning will STOP....!!

But here is the thing...Most are Leftist (Liberal) run cities...and there will be no shooting of the scumbags doing it...after all is done..cities burned...stores looted...Innocent people hurt or killed The crazed leftist in power now running America will just add another Stimulus to rebuild the cities ...and release any scum bags that happen to be in Jail...

And the beat goes on....

My friend, that is a damn great summation of what is actually going on!
Of the how, and the why a certain group is so damn happy to riot-- its called--LOOTING!
As in --free stuff.. Stolen from stores. Because leftist politicians make damn sure the cops run away and let it occur.
These dems and their leftist media allies, that have perfected this tactic/agenda do so for political reasons/gains/influence..
Yet after the carnage the media/dems are not held to blame and that is in itself a great and dangerous tragedy.
And we have the blinded masses brainwashed into believing the dems/media are the -- good-guys--which is ffing poppycock..-Tyr