PDA

View Full Version : ‘Life-Changing’: Schumer Urges Biden To Pay Out $50,000 In Debt For Students

jimnyc
03-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Yes, I'm sure it would be "life changing" for them to not have to pay their first major bill of their lives and their first major responsibility of their lives.

Know who else it would also be life changing for?

Homeless people due to no fault of their own. Some veterans out there are in horrible situations and it would surely be life changing to them. There are many single mothers out there who had their husbands disappear on them. Others who have gotten into debt due to being fired, being out of work and many other reasons. It would surely be life changing for me too!! :)

But since the inception, I have not agreed with just tossing money at people in debt.

Schumer states "BIG—The #AmericanRescuePlan makes student loan forgiveness tax-free. This means President Biden can #CancelStudentDebt without anyone getting stuck with a tax bill."

Ok, so many schools simply hire good teachers. Other schools hire some of the best professors. A school has tuition guidelines. So students owe this money. So what, either some owe directly to the schools, and most other schools are paid via federal student loans. Just cancel them. So the government paid, but nobody owes? They just printed money like AOC thinks, huh?

---

‘Life-Changing’: Schumer Urges Biden To Pay Out $50,000 In Debt For Students

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer again urged President Joe Biden to reconsider canceling $50,000 in student loan debt for Americans, citing a provision in the recently passed $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan.

In a speech on the Senate floor Monday, Schumer said the provision in the stimulus bill that makes loan forgiveness tax-free until 2026 “sets the stage” for Biden to issue widespread forgiveness of student loan debt, a policy decision the majority leader said would be “life-changing.”

“For much of American history, education has been a ladder up,” said Schumer. “For too many these days, student debt has become the anchor weighing them down—making it harder to start a family, buy a home, plan a career, and so much more.”

https://i.imgur.com/LPIxFMf.png

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/16/life-changing-schumer-urges-biden-pay-out-50000-debt-students/