PDA

View Full Version : The Trump hatred continues

Abbey Marie
03-17-2021, 10:38 AM
Had a fellow student in my class this morning say that the quick creation of the COVID vaccine is kind of miraculous. To which someone replied, “It’s only because 10 years ago Obama put money into research”.

True or not, it was private labs, strongly urged on and supported by Trump, and the fast- tracking without FDA approval, also supported by Trump, that are the proximate causes of the speedy research and production.

The takeaway for me is that there are still bitter folks who begrudge any credit given to Trump. Which is pathetic.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2021, 11:11 AM
Had a fellow student in my class this morning say that the quick creation of the COVID vaccine is kind of miraculous. To which someone replied, “It’s only because 10 years ago Obama put money into research”.

True or not, it was private labs, strongly urged on and supported by Trump, and the fast- tracking without FDA approval, also supported by Trump, that are the proximate causes of the speedy research and production.

The takeaway for me is that there are still bitter folks who begrudge any credit given to Trump. Which is pathetic.

Another excuse/lie made up to vilify Trump and glorify the scum obama.
How did the illustrative and thought to be mighty god obama know ten years ago that covid19 would come?
Trump is the one that offered tremendous incentives to speed up the research and development of the vaccine.
The idiot dumbass tried to give credit to the moron lying scum the obama traitor.
You are correct Abbey, the hatred from the dem left/leftist libs is on a scale never seen before, imho.
Whomever said that, I would quite gladly call, an idiot and a liar, when face to face anytime. --Tyr

jimnyc
03-17-2021, 12:10 PM
Remember the loud story about Trump and his phone call to Georgia? Well, it was a made up quote in the story by WaPo about what he stated. Telling them to find fraud and this and that - and he didn't state that. They once again wanted an investigation into - nothing.

And just how loud were they when this information was retracted? Well, I haven't seen it in the news. Couldn't find it. Only heard about it because of those crazy right wing fact telling sites. :laugh::rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2021, 01:06 PM
Remember the loud story about Trump and his phone call to Georgia? Well, it was a made up quote in the story by WaPo about what he stated. Telling them to find fraud and this and that - and he didn't state that. They once again wanted an investigation into - nothing.

And just how loud were they when this information was retracted? Well, I haven't seen it in the news. Couldn't find it. Only heard about it because of those crazy right wing fact telling sites. :laugh::rolleyes:

Such liars never repent -never volunteer to admit their lying.
All they care about is what action to their benefit that the damn lie gathered for them.--Tyr

jimnyc
03-17-2021, 02:55 PM
This is what I was speaking of. An article from today covering it again. And the dipshit writer herself still makes excuses about her outright LYING.

---

The media dies in lies

The Washington Post’s fabrications cement public mistrust

The Washington Post issued a mammoth correction this week on a story about Donald Trump’s search for election fraud. The paper had admitted that they misquoted the former president twice. WaPo’s botched story is a cautionary tale of what happens when political biases cloud reportage and a reminder of why public trust in the media is so low.

The original story, which was reported in January and written by Amy Gardner, broke the news that Trump had a December phone call with Georgia’s top election investigator about the 2020 presidential election results. The scoop was sourced to an ‘individual briefed on the call’, who claimed Trump urged the official to ‘find the fraud’ and promised she’d be a ‘national hero’ if she did so. Both of these quotes were fabrications, according to a recording of the call published by the Wall Street Journal.

‘Democracy dies in darkness’, is the Post‘s pompous slogan. Well, the media dies in lies.

‘Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator,’ WaPo wrote in its mea culpa. ‘The recording revealed that the Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source’

The first, most obvious problem with the story is that WaPo sourced it to someone who wasn’t even on the call. This means the source would’ve had to get direct quotes, then remember those quotes exactly enough to relay them to the WaPo reporter. That seems unlikely. It was at this point that the reporter should have chosen to paraphrase the conversation or, better yet, get a second source — preferably one who was actually on the call — to confirm.

The source, who was identified in a later story as Jordan Fuchs, the deputy secretary of state, admitted she should have summarized the call to Gardner rather than give alleged quotes.

‘I believe the story accurately reflected the investigator’s interpretation of the call. The only mistake here was in the direct quotes, and they should have been more of a summary,’ Fuchs told WaPo.

Still, Fuchs insisted that the absence of the ‘find the fraud’ and ‘national hero’ quotes do not change the tenor of the call.

Rest - https://spectator.us/topic/washington-post-media-trump-georgia-call-election/