PDA

View Full Version : Its time to fight back against walmart.

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 04:42 AM
Go to the link here. http://www.walmartmovie.com/

Buy or attend a screening of Walmart: The High Price Of Low Cost.
It will make you angry, it will make you sad, and if you have a heart, you will want to take action against this evil, greedy company known as walmart.

Regardless of your politics, if you cant or wont see what walmart is doing, after you see the film, then you are blind, or dont care about the truth.

Lets take walmart down!

09-21-2007, 05:38 AM
yeah i am so tired of low prices and working hard for money.

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 05:50 AM
those lowe prices come on the back of people all over the world working in walmart factories getting paid pathetic wages, and having lousy working conditions. And with all the cheap garbage walmart gets from china, that americans could make, americans lose jobs that way too. Remember america used to make things.

Walmart, doesnt provide a lick of health coverage and even when they do its too expensive for their workers.

those so called low prices, are not so low, when you do the research and see the movie, ive had a friend who worked there, two actually. I know how terrible it is, they make you feel like garbage, when you are actually sick, and need a day off.

So, yeah, id rather pay alittle more, for an american job, some healthcare, and an end to slave labor conditions in third world countries. Id rather give up more money, then my soul.

yeah i am so tired of low prices and working hard for money.

darin
09-21-2007, 08:16 AM
those lowe prices come on the back of people all over the world working in walmart factories getting paid pathetic wages, and having lousy working conditions. And with all the cheap garbage walmart gets from china, that americans could make, americans lose jobs that way too. Remember america used to make things.

Walmart, doesnt provide a lick of health coverage and even when they do its too expensive for their workers.

those so called low prices, are not so low, when you do the research and see the movie, ive had a friend who worked there, two actually. I know how terrible it is, they make you feel like garbage, when you are actually sick, and need a day off.

So, yeah, id rather pay alittle more, for an american job, some healthcare, and an end to slave labor conditions in third world countries. Id rather give up more money, then my soul.

Much of what's claimed against walmart is fake.

Monkeybone
09-21-2007, 08:23 AM
i worked for Wally World...it sucked. they do treat you like shit unless you are a huge ass kisser. and i mena like trombonen it ass kisser. but it was better than a fast food place.

darin
09-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Though Wal-Mart has encountered opposition for years from anti-sprawl activists or small-town merchants worried about the competition, the Hartford drama exemplifies a brand-new kind of opposition, a coordinated effort of the Left, in which unions, activist groups like ACORN and the National Organization for Women, environmentalist groups, even plaintiffs’ attorneys work together in effective alliances. They are fighting the giant retailer not only store by store, but in statehouses, city halls, and courts. They have already managed to make Wal-Mart an issue in the presidential campaign: several Democratic hopefuls indicted the American shopper’s favorite store as unfriendly to working people.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_2_what_does_the_war.html

5stringJeff
09-21-2007, 08:46 AM

Great. Pay more, and your conscience will be better off. I'll pay less at Walmart, and my money will go further. That is the joy of a free market: you do your thing, I do mine, and we're all happy. :)

Monkeybone
09-21-2007, 08:48 AM
let me add thqat i still shop there, don't get me wrong. but they are money grubbers who keep ppl 1-2 hrs under full time so they don't have to give them benefits

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 06:24 AM
can you proove that my friend, or atleast explain further.

Much of what's claimed against walmart is fake.

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 06:29 AM
True. I am not here on this board, or this thread telling you have to do anything, merely giving you an opinion you can use, or tell me to shoove where the sun dont shine. :dance:

p.s. i am not anti market or anti capitalist, just trying to learn about different things is all, and many of you are smarter then me on many issues, cause lets face it, im barelly 27, im a kid lol, and I try to respect my elders, so please fill free to teach me :), when im a dumb ass on an issue. its the only way ill learn and become smart like you.

Honestly, thats the truth.

Great. Pay more, and your conscience will be better off. I'll pay less at Walmart, and my money will go further. That is the joy of a free market: you do your thing, I do mine, and we're all happy. :)

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 06:30 AM
I think the free market is great, i just dont believe nafta has done any good for america. If im wrong, let me know where please

thank you

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 06:32 AM
here is what im confused about, we have trade with china, so then, why are we letting them kick out butts, why do we have the north american free trade agreement, doesnt sound good to me.

Morally speaking, is our only choice, cheap crap from china, or really expensive crap from america?

some one help me understand this please, cause i still cant figure out why everything is made in china, when i thought in the 70's america made a bunch of great stuff.

chesswarsnow
09-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. China makes just about all of our toilet brushes, brooms, towels, and many other house hold plastic thingies.
2. We used to make these but China started making them cheaper than we could.
3. They pay their people cheap wages to work, and we in America can't do this, we have to pay a fair wage in this market, its all about the market, theirs and ours.
4. Our market to them is in Airplanes and Automobiles, and other very expensive purchases.
5. And we do mark them up for China I might add.
6. We make very expensive medical equipment as well.
7. China has always made stuff that sells cheap, and that isn't ever going to change.
8. And American Companies don't feel the need to compete with China Companies making plastic glasses and bowls, etc.
9. If people in China don' like making pennies on the dollar, they should over throw their government, and demand more wages, otherwise, let them be satisfied with their lot in life, at least they have a place to live, with food and drink etc, and free health care.
10. People in the Philippines make far less money than they do here, I have seen myself the poverty there, and they would desperately go into factories to do this work, if the factories were there.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

shattered
09-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Tell me what you believe some average Joe that didn't finish high school, has no other education, no other skills, and no real desire to even work, much less put forth any additonal effort SHOULD be making.

Walmart isn't victimizing anyone..They're meeting a demand for supplies, much the way any other company would do.

shattered
09-23-2007, 08:17 AM
let me add thqat i still shop there, don't get me wrong. but they are money grubbers who keep ppl 1-2 hrs under full time so they don't have to give them benefits

And those people choose to keep their jobs, rather than taking the necessary steps to better themselves, and their situation. That's not Walmarts fault. That's the individual's fault.

gabosaurus
09-23-2007, 09:10 AM
You want to know the best way to fight Wal Mart?
Don't shop there.

Gaffer
09-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I think the free market is great, i just dont believe nafta has done any good for america. If im wrong, let me know where please

thank you

About 20 years ago there was a similar effort to destroy K-mart. It's products were not made in America and its prices were driving out the smaller stores. Walmart has taken K-marts place. It's also the place where only low brow ignorant people shop, according to liberals that are responsible for that movie you watched.

The thing is not buying the products from Walmart is not going to change conditions in china or other countries. As long as there is a market somewhere, they will make the products. If there is no market they will stop making the products and the people will have no work.

Did the movie cover the children's sweat shops in india and pakistan. Or the actual slave trade that goes on in Afica and the middle east? It's a liberal propaganda film that has been around a long time. It's purpose is to play on your guilt feelings and make you want to destroy Walmart. Hopefully damaging the economy in the process and helping take down the government.

It's like the the commercials to sponsor a kid in some unknown country, that lives in filth, can't go to school and has no shoes. It's the guilt trip method to get money and support.

Do like what walmart does? Don't shop there. I hate jane fonda. I refuse to watch her movies. Does this affect her wealth and fame? Not one bit. But its satisfies me for the time being until I can piss on her grave.

trobinett
09-23-2007, 03:33 PM
About 20 years ago there was a similar effort to destroy K-mart. It's products were not made in America and its prices were driving out the smaller stores. Walmart has taken K-marts place. It's also the place where only low brow ignorant people shop, according to liberals that are responsible for that movie you watched.

The thing is not buying the products from Walmart is not going to change conditions in china or other countries. As long as there is a market somewhere, they will make the products. If there is no market they will stop making the products and the people will have no work.

Did the movie cover the children's sweat shops in india and pakistan. Or the actual slave trade that goes on in Afica and the middle east? It's a liberal propaganda film that has been around a long time. It's purpose is to play on your guilt feelings and make you want to destroy Walmart. Hopefully damaging the economy in the process and helping take down the government.

It's like the the commercials to sponsor a kid in some unknown country, that lives in filth, can't go to school and has no shoes. It's the guilt trip method to get money and support.

Do like what walmart does? Don't shop there. I hate jane fonda. I refuse to watch her movies. Does this affect her wealth and fame? Not one bit. But its satisfies me for the time being until I can piss on her grave.

Makes sense to me, good post.:dance:

82Marine89
09-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Yeah, I remember the days when America was capitalized. The days when you spoke of her, you did so with reverence and respect. I also seem to remember that the currency exchange rate for countries didn't mean shit when compared to the American dollar. It is the buying power of the currency of that said country. With regards to your friend, if he didn't like it, then quit. He wasn't forced to stay there. Finally, please show me where health care is a right.

Actually, one more thing. If you're pissed at Wal-Mart, do you hold Target, Marshalls, Robinson May, and all the other major corporations that have their clothing and merchandise produced in a foreign country to the same standards?