PDA

View Full Version : Dan Bongino to take over Rush Limbaugh's radio time slot

tailfins
03-18-2021, 09:30 AM
Apparently, Kathryn Limbaugh is content to let the EIB Network die on the vine. If you surf the Limbaugh show, you'll notice that it's stuck in a memorial loop with forgettable hosts. Even Mark Steyn hasn't been on in awhile. Lots of radio stations are bailing on the Rush Limbaugh program.

'The Dan Bongino Show' will premiere across the country May 24

The program, "The Dan Bongino Show," will broadcast 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET in select markets starting May 24, including KABC Los Angeles, WLS Chicago, WBAP Dallas, KSFO San Francisco, and WMAL Washington, D.C.
"The Dan Bongino Show will tackle the hot political issues, debunking both liberal and Republican establishment rhetoric," the press release described. "As a former Secret Service agent and NYPD officer, Bongino is uniquely positioned to provide commentary and analysis that directly questions the philosophical underpinnings of both the Left and Big Government Republicans."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dan-bongino-rush-limbaugh-radio-time-slot

jimnyc
03-18-2021, 01:03 PM
I like him, I like reading about his opinions, I wish him the best of luck!! But in the end, another show I won't be tuning into. I just don't listen to politics on the radio.

Who wants to be depressed or pissed off listening to politics, when they can be jamming out to some rock or metal! https://i.imgur.com/xqi0LrY.gif https://i.imgur.com/UBDqqCZ.gif

Kathianne
03-18-2021, 01:07 PM
I like him, I like reading about his opinions, I wish him the best of luck!! But in the end, another show I won't be tuning into. I just don't listen to politics on the radio.

Who wants to be depressed or pissed off listening to politics, when they can be jamming out to some rock or metal! https://i.imgur.com/xqi0LrY.gif https://i.imgur.com/UBDqqCZ.gif
I often agree with him, but I've yet to see humor from him.

jimnyc
03-18-2021, 01:16 PM

This is true from what I recall. And any program, I do think humor is needed along with knowledge of the facts. Got come off as more than just a wiki of politics, but also someone human to relate to the people as well.

But I only know mostly of him from reading things, so my knowledge is somewhat limited.

LongTermGuy
03-18-2021, 01:25 PM

Thats because Dan is a true American and Understands we live in some Really serious Times right Now...Dan has the magic to make it happen and carry Rushes Torch...

Just like Rush..Leftist / Rhinos / Liberals caint stand him....and thats a GOOD Thing...:cool:

https://thescoop.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dan-1200x630.png

fj1200
03-18-2021, 08:46 PM
Not in Atlanta. Erick Erickson is taking over the slot.

EIB is nothing without Rush.

LongTermGuy
03-18-2021, 09:05 PM
Not in Atlanta. Erick Erickson is taking over the slot.

EIB is nothing without Rush.

Of course Only one Rush...lets see what happens..

Gunny
03-19-2021, 09:08 AM
I often agree with him, but I've yet to see humor from him.Former Secret Service agent and NYPD. I'm not seeing fertile farmland for humor. If he comes up with a sense of humor, my money is on jaded, biting sarcasm. Just a guess :)

I would prefer Steyn. His "sense of humor" works for me.

One thing I think is a non-winner is a "Rush replacement" show. If that's how EIB is selling it, I think it's the wrong tact. I can also see there not being a line of people wanting the show under that premise.

Like him or not, Rush is gone and no one is going to replace his personality. I wouldn't want the job. Shuffle the lineup. Move Hannity -- an established commodity -- to Rush's time slot and put the FNG (that's F-ing New Guy for you civvies :)) in Hannity's old, yet new to the FNG's, time slot.

Kathianne
03-19-2021, 09:19 AM
Former Secret Service agent and NYPD. I'm not seeing fertile farmland for humor. If he comes up with a sense of humor, my money is on jaded, biting sarcasm. Just a guess :)

I would prefer Steyn. His "sense of humor" works for me.

One thing I think is a non-winner is a "Rush replacement" show. If that's how EIB is selling it, I think it's the wrong tact. I can also see there not being a line of people wanting the show under that premise.

Like him or not, Rush is gone and no one is going to replace his personality. I wouldn't want the job. Shuffle the lineup. Move Hannity -- an established commodity -- to Rush's time slot and put the FNG (that's F-ing New Guy for you civvies :)) in Hannity's old, yet new to the FNG's, time slot.
Sound reasoning, though I think Hannity's time slot has to do with his following TV show.

Gunny
03-19-2021, 10:16 AM
Sound reasoning, though I think Hannity's time slot has to do with his following TV show.Could be. I haven't followed anything on Fox News for quite a few years. When I did I made a point of not watching Hannity.

I just think they need to avoid the "Replace Rush" label. No one can possibly live up to it, but will forever be "Rush's replacement". I wasn't thinking about actual scheduling beyond that. I also didn't consider these shows run for how many hours? I don't know. Stands to reason though the longer the show/timeslot, the harder to it will be to adjust the schedule.

Kathianne
03-19-2021, 10:52 AM
Could be. I haven't followed anything on Fox News for quite a few years. When I did I made a point of not watching Hannity.

I just think they need to avoid the "Replace Rush" label. No one can possibly live up to it, but will forever be "Rush's replacement". I wasn't thinking about actual scheduling beyond that. I also didn't consider these shows run for how many hours? I don't know. Stands to reason though the longer the show/timeslot, the harder to it will be to adjust the schedule.

3 hours radio; 1 hour tv.

SassyLady
03-19-2021, 12:37 PM
I think the Conservative Twins could do it. They're black, good common sense and a wicked sense of humor.

Kathianne
03-19-2021, 01:44 PM
I think the Conservative Twins could do it. They're black, good common sense and a wicked sense of humor.

I like them!

Gunny
03-19-2021, 06:35 PM

I like them!They are hilarious and spot on. Surprised they still have access to the internet :rolleyes: