PDA

View Full Version : I would like to debunk some myths.

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Im sure that many of you remember the alamo, but do you remember the battle after that?. You know the u.s. had a war with mexico but do you know why?

First, there was a battle after alamo, in which it took 18 minutes, for sam houston and his men to defeat santa ana and his men.

Second, Mexico allowed settlers into what was texas, and until 1829, all was hunky dorry, then settlers were being jailed for no reason, the settlers, stood up to santa ana, and defeated him. it was not an unjust war.

If santa ana, had not become a tyrant, and tore up the mexican consitution and treated the settlers like dirt, and imprisoned them for no reason, the war would have never happened.

Also, when texas won freedom, with people from mexico, scotland, ireland, and all over. Mexico, tried fighting us again.

How do i know this?. Im visiting my best friend in hull texas, i visitied the san jacinto monument. A.K.A. learning my history :).

And finally, this pathetic myth by the left wing democrats, and open border crowd that since europeans came here (so called illegally), that we have to allow open borders and illegal aliens.

#1 a country cant survice without a border.
#2 the land was not owned, sure natives were here, but, they had no central government of u.s. which said people cant come and settle, and many of the natives were fighting each other. This does not condone what happened to the natives, in any way. This is simply to say, they had no border.

So in closing, any and every country, has a right and obligation to protect its citizens by having a recognized border, and control who comes into and out of its country.

PostmodernProphet
09-21-2007, 06:25 AM
on the other hand, from Mexico's perspective you had a bunch of immigrants (some of whom entered illegally) who refused to learn the language, brought in their own customs, used up all the state's resources, clamored for rights, and threatened to form their own government........

I wonder if Santa Anna considered building a fence......

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 06:31 AM
from my understanding, though i could be wrong. 300 families were given permission to enter. And none of the settlers were illegal, they were allowed by the mexican government to come in and given land.

Santa ana, was not good for his own people by the way, he tore up the mexican constitution, and even some texas mexicans fought against mexico.

on the other hand, from Mexico's perspective you had a bunch of immigrants (some of whom entered illegally) who refused to learn the language, brought in their own customs, used up all the state's resources, clamored for rights, and threatened to form their own government........

5stringJeff
09-21-2007, 08:33 AM

Santa Ana allowed Anglos to settle in Texas beginning in 1830. It was only when those Anglos began demanding more rights under the new Mexican government that Santa Ana tried to tighten his grip on Texas - and ultimately lost.

PostmodernProphet
09-21-2007, 08:34 AM
300 families were given permission to enter. And none of the settlers were illegal

interesting.....must have made for a very small war of independence with only 300 or so soldiers......