PDA

View Full Version : Getting Vaccine Monday

Kathianne
03-19-2021, 03:42 PM
Just figure the airlines are going to require. Any reaction and off work with pay and no docking of PTO.

jimnyc
03-19-2021, 04:18 PM
Just figure the airlines are going to require. Any reaction and off work with pay and no docking of PTO.

I wish ya the best of luck and zero reactions, not even the light ones folks speak of. :thumb:

But if me, I know I would be getting a reaction and time off with pay, IF ya know what I mean of course. :)

Abbey Marie
03-19-2021, 05:29 PM

You’ll be fine, just like me!

LongTermGuy
03-19-2021, 10:46 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3kMctipFZRCUI98nib/giphy.gif?cid=2fb0ca765cb11096514131317724d873

"you will be fine...we have it all worked out......"
https://media.giphy.com/media/fLs7y26u3jOGXOeeCP/giphy.gif

NightTrain
03-20-2021, 11:36 AM
Which one are you getting?

jimnyc
03-20-2021, 02:01 PM

I'm gonna tell them I want the one that actually gives you immunity afterwards, otherwise what's the point.

Kathianne
03-20-2021, 02:36 PM
I think Moderna, wasn't stated. 2 shots though, so not J &J.

Mr. P
03-21-2021, 01:05 AM
I'm gonna tell them I want the one that actually gives you immunity afterwards, otherwise what's the point.

Yep. I heard a medical pro on the radio recently that said due to the covid19 mutations, just like the flu, this will probably be an annual vaccine.

Ms. K

If any business requires proof of vaccination for anyone to be a customer, airlines or whatever, I hope they sink like the titanic!

Do they want to know you had a flu shot? What about mumps, measles, yellow fever, smallpox, black Plague?

Just sayin

Kathianne
03-21-2021, 01:30 AM
Yep. I heard a medical pro on the radio recently that said due to the covid19 mutations, just like the flu, this will probably be an annual vaccine.

Ms. K

If any business requires proof of vaccination for anyone to be a customer, airlines or whatever, I hope they sink like the titanic!

Do they want to know you had a flu shot? What about mumps, measles, yellow fever, smallpox, black Plague?

Just sayin
I hear you. Truth is I don't think that skipping a trip is worth fighting about, there's so many things wrong that involve our civil liberties, this just isn't the one I think of paramount importance. Indeed, while I won't go as far as to 'feel the pain' of the airlines, like the rest of hospitality related businesses they've taken a real hit. Now the government that has created all the animosity? That I'll fight.

jimnyc
03-22-2021, 01:46 PM
Hopefully won't be too much longer for me either. It's been announced that NY is now going to lower the qualifying age to 50, so that's me.

So mixed feelings now, as I thought I would have more time to monitor things.

But I'm traveling at least once going south to see Dad, and am going to need at least a negative test - and given his age, a vaccine might be in order.

But people wanting to get vaccinated then have to hit the NY website, enter in all your info, then hit places that supposedly have the vaccines, and hit refresh a few thousand times - if you're lucky.

--

New York expanding COVID vaccine eligibility to 50 and above. What to know

The move comes after New York added ages 60 and older as well as various essential jobs to the eligibility list last week, as COVID-19 vaccine production ramps up and thousands of doses became available statewide.

Those 50 and above will be able to begin booking appointments 8 a.m. Tuesday on the state's vaccination website, according to the governor's office.

"We continue to kick vaccinations into overdrive throughout the state by expanding eligibility, establishing new vaccination sites and allowing providers to reach new populations," Cuomo said in a statement Monday.

"More New Yorkers are getting vaccinated every single day, but we still have a long way to go before defeating the COVID beast and reaching safety," he added.

Cuomo announced the eligibility expansion during a public briefing at Grace Baptist Church in Mount Vernon, while launching the "Roll Up Your Sleeve" campaign to promote houses of worship of all faiths across the state to sign up as vaccination sites for their communities.

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/new-york-expanding-covid-vaccine-eligibility-to-50-and-above-what-to-know/ar-BB1eQu73