PDA

View Full Version : United Parcel Service (UPS)

Gunny
03-20-2021, 12:19 PM
I know Jimbob posted something about one of the mail carriers a few months back. Have no idea where it is or which carrier he was bitching about but this bitch is about UPS. Just a regularly horrible postal service, IMO. I can speak only for here, UPS was pretty good when I lived in CA.

They have managed to screw up 4 orders 3 weeks. Always late. Half or more get dumped on the USPS which I am sure is not what the merchandise vendors have in mind.

Supposedly, I received a package at 3:20 PM yesterday afternoon. At 1530 hours, I was sitting on my front porch, waiting on my daughter to get home, watching the USPS mail man, as the UPS truck drove right on by. No package. Was late anyway.

I DID however get a different UPS package from the USPS mail man that was a week late. The package I supposed to get yesterday is now scheduled for Sunday :rolleyes:

This shit's getting old. my choices it appears are deal with it, don't buy from anyone that uses UPS, or pay extra for a different carrier. Generally, I get FedEx packages early.

Just thought I'd vent :)

Now I have to figure out how to get my stuff :(

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-20-2021, 01:00 PM
I know Jimbob posted something about one of the mail carriers a few months back. Have no idea where it is or which carrier he was bitching about but this bitch is about UPS. Just a regularly horrible postal service, IMO. I can speak only for here, UPS was pretty good when I lived in CA.

They have managed to screw up 4 orders 3 weeks. Always late. Half or more get dumped on the USPS which I am sure is not what the merchandise vendors have in mind.

Supposedly, I received a package at 3:20 PM yesterday afternoon. At 1530 hours, I was sitting on my front porch, waiting on my daughter to get home, watching the USPS mail man, as the UPS truck drove right on by. No package. Was late anyway.

I DID however get a different UPS package from the USPS mail man that was a week late. The package I supposed to get yesterday is now scheduled for Sunday :rolleyes:

This shit's getting old. my choices it appears are deal with it, don't buy from anyone that uses UPS, or pay extra for a different carrier. Generally, I get FedEx packages early.

Here is a pleasant thought- just imagine how ffed up it will be in the next 4 years of idiot Joe and his nation destroying agenda.
As we know schitt only mushrooms and grows by leaps and bounds under the dem stewardship and its totally lying , corrupt and deviously pursued agenda. Besides as the dems know --we peasants should just shut-up and let them, "the enlightened Gods" rule.
After all- ""we are just bible thumping-gun toting, redneck hillbillies that need to be herded like cattle to the slaughter.."" :rolleyes:--Tyr

jimnyc
03-20-2021, 02:00 PM

Being we all have relied so much on various mail services in the past 14 months or so....

I have had USPS tell me something was out for delivery as of like 8am on a Friday only to never arrive, then same thing for Saturday and only to arrive on Monday. :rolleyes:

And nothing like paying a fortune for next day delivery or 2 day delivery from UPS only to have it arrive in 3-4 days. Or ordering fishies and paying for 24hr delivery only to have them deliver them late, but luckily they survived.

None of them have had a great grade. I think they all jumped at the opportunity to grab all the extra work they could so as to $$ profit, but didn't care much about meeting quotas.

Abbey Marie
03-21-2021, 01:28 PM
I’ve had the same problem with Fed Ex. I think they’re all messed up, though it has been a tough year for them.

jimnyc
03-21-2021, 02:08 PM
I’ve had the same problem with Fed Ex. I think they’re all messed up, though it has been a tough year for them.

Mail increased in 2020 at incredible levels. And wasn't just that the amount of letters sent doubled or anything like that, but this was, I believe, mainly packages both small and large that took a massive increase.

With people stuck at home, they went crazy ordering groceries and everything else you could think of. Then it was off to Amazon who also saw a mass increase in deliveries.

And I think the mistake made was happily taking on more and more and more orders, and still promising the same deadlines - but they didn't apparently increase employment or whatever to meet these demands. I know at first I was still getting amazon and USPS deliveries as normal. Then not long after the Amazon packages were starting to be a day late or 2. They noticed and implemented different/longer times for delivery. Of course at the same cost. :laugh: And then the USPS was simply taking longer.

I think they all sucked after awhile. And since people needed things, and many were wanted like yesterday, these companies made a killing off of us!

Gunny
03-21-2021, 05:12 PM
Unless they can find some error -- not sure how -- I'd say someone (like a delivery driver) might be in trouble. Rogue International (the sporting goods equipment I use) got back to me this morning, asked for the story and I gave it to them and I got a "thanks for confirming that for us. A replacement will be sent to you immediately".

What I confirmed is that it was reported to them the delivery was made. I countered with I was sitting on the porch at the time and there's no other way to deliver to my front door. Naturally, they aren't going to tell me what the deal is and I don't care. I want my weight belt.

On the whole, the mail delivery from all except FedEx has just plain sucked since we had that freeze last month. It's like it gave them all an excuse to not only not care, but act like Dems and not care if you know they don't care.