PDA

View Full Version : There's a five-alarm crisis on the border — and Team Biden imposes a media blackout

jimnyc
03-21-2021, 03:16 PM
Obama stated - “This is the most transparent administration in history” - And IMO, was one of the least transparent ever, and facts have played much of that out.
Biden pledged to prioritize a transparent approach to the media - I'll give him more time, but this far 100% wrong. He has avoided the media like the plague. His personnel speaking to the media offer lots of BS.
Biden vows to be 'totally transparent' on his health if elected (Sept 10 2020) - Laughable, since he was the worst ever up till that point. And worst ever since then. People have guesses, but clueless to his official health status.
“I guarantee you, I will be totally transparent in terms of my health and all aspects of my health,” Biden told CNN’s Jake Tapper in an interview that aired Thursday. (Sept 10 2020) - Same as above...
Joe Biden declines to promise transparency with health details: ‘Every detail would not be made available’ (Oct 5th 2020) (His transparent comment, take it however you will, lasted 25 days) - Well that changed quickly!

So who has faith in transparency from Joe Biden and his administration as a whole? How has he done thus far?

---

There's a five-alarm crisis on the border — and Team Biden imposes a media blackout

"Our entire administration will always be honest and transparent with the good news and the bad. We’ll level with you when we make a mistake. We’ll straight up say what happened."

That was President Biden on Jan. 21, a day after being sworn into office.

Today, two months and zero solo press conferences later, the Biden administration is on track to be the least transparent administration in the TV era. Another example of shutting out the press is underway at the U.S.-Mexico border, where said administration has imposed a media blackout on its migrant holding facilities, formerly known as "kids in cages" under the previous administration before the term apparently was retired by most of the media and by Democratic politicians out of courtesy to Team Biden.

The administration also is restricting the information that the Border Patrol can provide to the press, according to a recent NBC News report.

The crisis at the border – which the administration refuses to call a crisis, despite even Democratic lawmakers in border states calling it just that – is one of the president's own making. Because it was Candidate Biden who once declared this at a presidential debate during the campaign: "All those people seeking asylum, they deserve to be heard. If you want to flee and you are fleeing oppression, you should come."

The then-future president also said that migrants seeking asylum should "immediately surge the border" under his presidency.

https://i.imgur.com/upudaLX.png

Even after becoming president, Biden and his team's message has only exacerbated the issue.

"I can say quite clearly: Don't come," President Biden told ABC News last week in a direct rebuke of Candidate Biden. "We're in the process of getting set up. Don't leave your town or city or community."

This limp mixed message was also shared by Biden's Department of Homeland Security (DHS) secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas, who recently told reporters: "We are not saying don't come, we're saying don't come now."

Rest - https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/544225-theres-a-five-alarm-crisis-on-the-border-and-team-biden-imposes-a-media

Gunny
03-21-2021, 04:41 PM
To answer your question ...

We're on China flu lock down. The Government of the Democratic Party of the US is doing whatever they want and the usual watchdogs are holed up against the flu.

Josef cannot Constitutionally order a media blackout without declaring a National Emergency. Anybody going to challenge it? The GOP? The MSM? Not seeing it.