PDA

View Full Version : who are the 46 million without healthcare, and why dont they have it?

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 06:00 AM
why doesnt the media tell us who they are, and why they dont have it, and if they actually need it?

The media seems to give no context to this story other then to try and upset us.

Anyone know the actual numbers?

will universal health care solve the problem

if not, what is the best way to solve the problem?

April15
09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I am uninsurable. Previous condition. That is 1 now find the rest.

manu1959
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I am uninsurable. Previous condition. That is 1 now find the rest.

did you once have insurance?

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 04:59 PM
We have the most expensive health care in the world and rank like 9th in quality.

The isurance Cos can pick and choose who they cover and can drop people who becoem too expensive for them.

Every human being should be able to get health care.

Preventative care will reduce the cost greatly by not allowing conditions to reach their most expensive full blown stage.

When you give kids preventative care they are healthier throughout their entire lives thus costing the system less.

Insurance Cos are making record profits in the last few years as the problem has gotten worse for the Average American.

They have been able to make decent profits i the past while truely providing the benifits to people instead fo finding ways to always deny coverage.

The number one reason for bankruptcy in the US is medical bills.

This problem is in the top two or three problems sited by Americans in all the polls.

The majority of people on this site are completely out of step with what the American people feel on this issue.

This site is not the best place to base any type of American pulse issue.

5stringJeff
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM
We have the most expensive health care in the world and rank like 9th in quality.

The isurance Cos can pick and choose who they cover and can drop people who becoem too expensive for them.

Every human being should be able to get health care.

Preventative care will reduce the cost greatly by not allowing conditions to reach their most expensive full blown stage.

When you give kids preventative care they are healthier throughout their entire lives thus costing the system less.

Insurance Cos are making record profits in the last few years as the problem has gotten worse for the Average American.

They have been able to make decent profits i the past while truely providing the benifits to people instead fo finding ways to always deny coverage.

The number one reason for bankruptcy in the US is medical bills.

This problem is in the top two or three problems sited by Americans in all the polls.

A bunch of factual statements (although I'd have to verify them all, given the source), but what is your solution? Do you have one? Or do you only complain about things?

The majority of people on this site are completely out of step with what the American people feel on this issue.

This site is not the best place to base any type of American pulse issue.

Apparently, you only complain.

April15
09-21-2007, 06:21 PM
did you once have insurance?Does workmans comp count? That is who paid for my carpal tunnel, one of the preexisting conditions that prevents my getting insurance.

Dilloduck
09-21-2007, 08:40 PM
why doesnt the media tell us who they are, and why they dont have it, and if they actually need it?

The media seems to give no context to this story other then to try and upset us.

Anyone know the actual numbers?

will universal health care solve the problem

if not, what is the best way to solve the problem?

I think there are miilions who don't care if they have it or not. They think they can get by without it and know that if push comes to shove that someone will treat them.

PostmodernProphet
09-21-2007, 09:13 PM
well....I suppose at any given point in time you have a million or so people who are in between jobs.....then you probably have another two or three million, who because of divorce just got dropped from their spouses employee provided insurance policy.....and a couple million kids graduating from college or high school who are no longer covered by their parents policy......and don't forget the 10-12 million illegal aliens.....and a couple of million millionaires who have chosen to be self insured.......the rest are people who simply can't afford it and never will.......

Dilloduck
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
and those who would rather make payments on a new car than have health insurance.