PDA

View Full Version : Behar offers her wisdom on guns

jimnyc
03-23-2021, 07:45 PM
The guy used a pistol, albeit an awfully long and powerful one. But it was also a semi-auto, not an assault weapon. None have a clue.

And no, Sunny, owning an assault rifle doesn't make someone a patriot, I agree with you. But defending the 2nd amendment rights might be the beginning.

And the words will get louder, of course Joe is onboard already - so how long before they try a grab? :rolleyes:

---

Behar: A ‘Right-Minded Person’ Can See Assault Rifles Have to Go

Joy Behar told her co-hosts on Tuesday’s broadcast of “The View” that in the wake of the mass shooting inside a Boulder, CO supermarket, assault rifles should be banned.

Behar said, “Well, in my opinion, the main thing that they should do is ban assault rifles, the AR-15 type of rifles that are responsible for Sandy Hook, Aurora, Colorado, San Bernardino, Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Las Vegas, I could go on and on, Parkland, Waffle House, Tree of Life Synagogue, et cetera. All of those massacres were conducted with one of those AR-15 types of rifles.”

She continued, “In 2004, George W. Bush lifted the ban on those rifles, and since then, the number of massacres has increased 183%. During the ban, there were 12 incidents. Since he lifted the ban, there were 34 incidents. Anybody, a right-minded person, can see that that gun has to go. Of course, we have to have background checks. You don’t want any idiot just getting a gun or some mental case. You want people who are — have a background check. It doesn’t make anybody feel safe to have those guns out there. I appreciate if you live, like Meghan says, in an area where you need to protect yourself with a handgun. There is absolutely no use for this weapon of war to be out there. I mean, people in the world are laughing at us. They think we’re crazy in this country, which we are.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/23/behar-a-right-minded-person-can-see-assault-rifles-have-to-go/

ABC’s Hostin: ‘Selfish People’ Who Insist on Owning Assault Rifles Are Not Patriots

ABC legal analyst Sunny Hostin said on Tuesday’s broadcast of “The View” that “selfish people that insist on owning” assault rifles are not patriots.

During the panel’s discussion on the mass shooting inside a Boulder, CO supermarket, Hostin said, “I don’t think we can any longer equate freedom with the unfettered right to own assault rifles. That is not freedom because I feel like a hostage right now. I feel like a hostage to the selfish people that insist on owning these types of weapons.”

She continued, “That is not freedom in this country. You are not a patriot because you think you have the right to own these types of weapons. You are not a patriot. You should be taking care of your fellow Americans.”

She added, “So where do we go from here? It is time to start talking right now about gun control.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/23/abcs-hostin-selfish-people-who-insist-on-owning-assault-rifles-are-not-patriots/

Joe Biden Pushes ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban After Boulder Attack

President Joe Biden called for an “assault weapons” ban following Monday’s shooting attack at the Boulder, Colorado grocery store.

Politico reported Biden urging the Senate to take action on H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, the former of which would create universal background checks and the latter of which would expand the length of time a background check can last.

He also called for an “assault weapons” ban.

Biden admitted he was making his comments before information on the gunman was fully known, saying, “While we’re still waiting for more information, I don’t need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common-sense steps that will save lives in the future, and to urge my colleagues in the House and Senate to act. We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again.”

“I got that done when I was a senator. It passed. It was the law for the longest time. And it brought down these mass killings. We should do it again,” Biden remarked.

Ironically, the Department of Justice’s Institute of Justice (NIJ) released a report following the 1994-2004 “assault weapons” ban and noted that no real reduction in crime could be credited to the ban. The Washington Times quoted University of Pennsylvania professor Christopher Koper, author of the NIJ report, saying, “We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence.”

Biden is also pushing the creation of universal background checks via H.R. 8. Breitbart News reported that Colorado adopted universal background checks in 2013.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/23/joe-biden-pushes-assault-weapons-ban-after-boulder-attack/

Gunny
03-23-2021, 07:57 PM
They already have. It's in the Senate. Two Dem Senators concocted it and it's pretty much a grab on "assault rifles and limits magazine capacity on semiauto pistols. Was allegedly dead in the water minus this incident.

When the left gets done, only black, Asian and Latino males will have assault rifles and their daily murder rate will still go under-if not un-reported.

The gun owner will be the bad guy no matter what. Cop comes to your door for your gun and you shoot him, you just shot some poor guy just doing his job. I knew if the Dems won they were going to pull this shit and hide behind the US Seal to do it. Lo and Behold ...

LongTermGuy
03-23-2021, 08:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExLYthqU8Ak3P3k?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExMvLcBVIAExWM9?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExMnC7FUYAcG1AN?format=jpg&name=small

icansayit
03-23-2021, 11:34 PM
The guy used a pistol, albeit an awfully long and powerful one. But it was also a semi-auto, not an assault weapon. None have a clue.

And no, Sunny, owning an assault rifle doesn't make someone a patriot, I agree with you. But defending the 2nd amendment rights might be the beginning.

And the words will get louder, of course Joe is onboard already - so how long before they try a grab? :rolleyes:

---

Behar: A ‘Right-Minded Person’ Can See Assault Rifles Have to Go

Joy Behar told her co-hosts on Tuesday’s broadcast of “The View” that in the wake of the mass shooting inside a Boulder, CO supermarket, assault rifles should be banned.

Behar said, “Well, in my opinion, the main thing that they should do is ban assault rifles, the AR-15 type of rifles that are responsible for Sandy Hook, Aurora, Colorado, San Bernardino, Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Las Vegas, I could go on and on, Parkland, Waffle House, Tree of Life Synagogue, et cetera. All of those massacres were conducted with one of those AR-15 types of rifles.”

She continued, “In 2004, George W. Bush lifted the ban on those rifles, and since then, the number of massacres has increased 183%. During the ban, there were 12 incidents. Since he lifted the ban, there were 34 incidents. Anybody, a right-minded person, can see that that gun has to go. Of course, we have to have background checks. You don’t want any idiot just getting a gun or some mental case. You want people who are — have a background check. It doesn’t make anybody feel safe to have those guns out there. I appreciate if you live, like Meghan says, in an area where you need to protect yourself with a handgun. There is absolutely no use for this weapon of war to be out there. I mean, people in the world are laughing at us. They think we’re crazy in this country, which we are.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/23/behar-a-right-minded-person-can-see-assault-rifles-have-to-go/

ABC’s Hostin: ‘Selfish People’ Who Insist on Owning Assault Rifles Are Not Patriots

ABC legal analyst Sunny Hostin said on Tuesday’s broadcast of “The View” that “selfish people that insist on owning” assault rifles are not patriots.

During the panel’s discussion on the mass shooting inside a Boulder, CO supermarket, Hostin said, “I don’t think we can any longer equate freedom with the unfettered right to own assault rifles. That is not freedom because I feel like a hostage right now. I feel like a hostage to the selfish people that insist on owning these types of weapons.”

She continued, “That is not freedom in this country. You are not a patriot because you think you have the right to own these types of weapons. You are not a patriot. You should be taking care of your fellow Americans.”

She added, “So where do we go from here? It is time to start talking right now about gun control.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/23/abcs-hostin-selfish-people-who-insist-on-owning-assault-rifles-are-not-patriots/

Joe Biden Pushes ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban After Boulder Attack

President Joe Biden called for an “assault weapons” ban following Monday’s shooting attack at the Boulder, Colorado grocery store.

Politico reported Biden urging the Senate to take action on H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, the former of which would create universal background checks and the latter of which would expand the length of time a background check can last.

He also called for an “assault weapons” ban.

Biden admitted he was making his comments before information on the gunman was fully known, saying, “While we’re still waiting for more information, I don’t need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common-sense steps that will save lives in the future, and to urge my colleagues in the House and Senate to act. We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again.”

“I got that done when I was a senator. It passed. It was the law for the longest time. And it brought down these mass killings. We should do it again,” Biden remarked.

Ironically, the Department of Justice’s Institute of Justice (NIJ) released a report following the 1994-2004 “assault weapons” ban and noted that no real reduction in crime could be credited to the ban. The Washington Times quoted University of Pennsylvania professor Christopher Koper, author of the NIJ report, saying, “We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence.”

Biden is also pushing the creation of universal background checks via H.R. 8. Breitbart News reported that Colorado adopted universal background checks in 2013.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/23/joe-biden-pushes-assault-weapons-ban-after-boulder-attack/

Behar is now in the same mentality as Gabby...less the ability to Troll so much.

KarlMarx
03-24-2021, 04:58 AM
Joy Behar has the IQ of a flea and the mouth of a hippo

How an idiot like her gets to stay on the air is beyond me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk