PDA

View Full Version : "You're welcome to step away if you like"

jimnyc
03-25-2021, 06:15 PM
Stupid reporters asking Ted Cruz to put a mask on as he speaks to the camera on TV. He politely but firmly tells them that he won't while he's in front of the camera on TV, and that he and all the others have all been immunized. The reporter says it would make them feel better. And then that's when he told the reporter that they were free to walk away. :)

And this is what I was talking about with Fauci. If people are immunized already then there really is no need for a mask anymore. As of yet, nothing has been cited to show otherwise.

---

Clowns: CNN, MSNBC Outraged by 'Infectious' Cruz Rebuffing Mask-Shaming Reporter

Despite an increasing number of the population being vaccinated every day, the hacks at CNN and MSNBC still haven’t given up mask-shaming. Both networks hosted huffy segments feigning outrage at Senator Ted Cruz for doing something White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki does everyday at the press podium.

Here is the moment that caused silly grandstanding from journalists on MSNBC’s The 11th Hour, Morning Joe, and CNN’s New Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-UnfRY0M_w

As the senator stepped up to a press podium to speak to the cameras while in the Senate building, Wednesday, one reporter demanded, “Can you put a mask on for us?” As Cruz kindly rebuffed the reporter’s request, saying he was vaccinated, the unnamed reporter tried shaming Cruz with, “It would make us feel better.” Cruz still didn’t cave, which irritated CNN and MSNBC so much they brought on their networks' medical experts to shame the senator.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2021/03/25/clowns-cnn-msnbc-outraged-infectious-cruz-rebuffing-mask-shaming

tailfins
03-25-2021, 06:19 PM
There needs to be more of this. I wonder what percentage of businesses will turn away customers that will take their business elsewhere rather than wear a mask.

SassyLady
03-25-2021, 07:57 PM
Apparently quite a few businesses are dropping mask mandates. Went to my favorite cinnamon bun shop and was at counter before realizing I had no mask. I asked owner if she wanted me to go get it. She said absolutely not .. "We are so over it".

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants had all tables and booths full. Some people wore masks through the door, saw what was going on and took masks off. I did notice that people in line were still keeping distance.

jimnyc
03-26-2021, 12:34 PM
There needs to be more of this. I wonder what percentage of businesses will turn away customers that will take their business elsewhere rather than wear a mask.

Apparently quite a few businesses are dropping mask mandates. Went to my favorite cinnamon bun shop and was at counter before realizing I had no mask. I asked owner if she wanted me to go get it. She said absolutely not .. "We are so over it".

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants had all tables and booths full. Some people wore masks through the door, saw what was going on and took masks off. I did notice that people in line were still keeping distance.

See, now after I get my vaccine on the 23rd, I still have to mask up for who knows how long. NY has the mandate in effect until who knows when. And I heard they plan on keeping everyone wearing masks until everyone is vaccinated, or a certain threshold is met. I heard some say til the end of 2022. By that time, I will likely have been vaccinated into yet another year. Imagine having to wear one until then, even knowing you are 'supposed' to be immune?

Abbey Marie
03-26-2021, 12:42 PM
I just read that one of the cruise lines is making vaccines mandatory. I know some here are appalled by that, but I think it’s a great policy, and certainly makes more sense than mandatory masks. If I was in the market for a cruise any time soon, I’d look into them first.

jimnyc
03-26-2021, 01:22 PM
I just read that one of the cruise lines is making vaccines mandatory. I know some here are appalled by that, but I think it’s a great policy, and certainly makes more sense than mandatory masks. If I was in the market for a cruise any time soon, I’d look into them first.

I really have no issue with any place choosing to make it a "vaccinated only" area. Their choice and folks could go elsewhere if they choose not to. And I see other places starting to follow suit or planning for such. So no issue with any of that - 'cept for how they know for sure or how they plan on knowing for sure.

A full fledged digital system connected in ANY way to my doctor, my hospital or offering the totality up to some government database. That I won't participate in. My info is my info and not to be shared, not even digitally and not even if they say it's military grade secure. Matters not to me.

Now I don't have an issue with having doctors offices setup maybe to print out on special cards your vaccine proof. Picture kinda like a license of sorts - but only with dates, name & any number associated with my particular medication. But no stripes and no information within, as then we really don't know. A one off proof of taking it is bad enough, but I'll be damned if I carry my medical info with me.

And yet with that said, admittedly I would certainly feel better going on that cruise with everyone vaccinated than I would without! Same for anywhere else. I just wish we had more time to see how these vaccines all play out. But when you change the amount of time needed to develop a vaccine from 5-10 years, to less than a year, you are obviously trading a little bit of that time. :dunno:

Abbey Marie
03-26-2021, 01:24 PM
I really have no issue with any place choosing to make it a "vaccinated only" area. Their choice and folks could go elsewhere if they choose not to. And I see other places starting to follow suit or planning for such. So no issue with any of that - 'cept for how they know for sure or how they plan on knowing for sure.

A full fledged digital system connected in ANY way to my doctor, my hospital or offering the totality up to some government database. That I won't participate in. My info is my info and not to be shared, not even digitally and not even if they say it's military grade secure. Matters not to me.

Now I don't have an issue with having doctors offices setup maybe to print out on special cards your vaccine proof. Picture kinda like a license of sorts - but only with dates, name & any number associated with my particular medication. But no stripes and no information within, as then we really don't know. A one off proof of taking it is bad enough, but I'll be damned if I carry my medical info with me.

And yet with that said, admittedly I would certainly feel better going on that cruise with everyone vaccinated than I would without! Same for anywhere else. I just wish we had more time to see how these vaccines all play out. But when you change the amount of time needed to develop a vaccine from 5-10 years, to less than a year, you are obviously trading a little bit of that time. :dunno:

That’s a reasonable approach for sure.
fj1200 , what do you think of the cruise line’s policy?

tailfins
03-26-2021, 04:30 PM
See, now after I get my vaccine on the 23rd, I still have to mask up for who knows how long. NY has the mandate in effect until who knows when. And I heard they plan on keeping everyone wearing masks until everyone is vaccinated, or a certain threshold is met. I heard some say til the end of 2022. By that time, I will likely have been vaccinated into yet another year. Imagine having to wear one until then, even knowing you are 'supposed' to be immune?

https://www.uhaul.com/reservations/images/Equipment/Trucks/26Large.png

https://live.staticflickr.com/4020/4536236627_f247ced680_b.jpg

Gunny
03-27-2021, 10:43 AM
Anyone besides me looking for the House investigation of Ted Cruz? Republicans will balls are systematically crucified by the Dems and their cohorts the media and have been since Newt Gingrich. Any accusation will do, and be repeated until it is droned as fact.

They like their token RINOs to be more like McCain, Romney, Collins ...

tailfins
03-27-2021, 10:51 AM
Anyone besides me looking for the House investigation of Ted Cruz? Republicans will balls are systematically crucified by the Dems and their cohorts the media and have been since Newt Gingrich. Any accusation will do, and be repeated until it is droned as fact.

They like their token RINOs to be more like McCain, Romney, Collins ...

I think that Cruz's base of support is strong enough that such efforts would ultimately fail. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if the Dems ATTEMPTED to give Cruz the Tom DeLay treatment. If such an attempt occurs, anybody who cares should remind the public that Tom DeLay's career was derailed in spite of being exonerated.

Gunny
03-27-2021, 10:59 AM
I think that Cruz's base of support is strong enough that such efforts would ultimately fail. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if the Dems ATTEMPTED to give Cruz the Tom DeLay treatment. If such an attempt occurs, anybody who cares should remind the public that Tom DeLay's career was derailed in spite of being exonerated.That is the "treatment" I am referring to. They have done it to each and every Republican with the balls to stand against them since Gingrich. Lott, Bonilla, Delay. Not to mention the elephant in the room. Like him or not, they hit Trump with everything they thought they had, real or imagined.

No one likes the message and always wants to shoot the messenger, but it is going to take force to remove the left from power at this point.

MtnBiker
03-27-2021, 06:11 PM
Makes me wonder, if there wasn’t any sort of fine or citation for not wearing a mask how many people would wear a mask?

Gunny
03-27-2021, 07:38 PM
Makes me wonder, if there wasn’t any sort of fine or citation for not wearing a mask how many people would wear a mask?Cruz stated he was not going to wear a mask in front of the camera speaking to it. I can understand that.

Other side of the coin, way back at the beginning prior to any vaccine, Pelosi was freely pandering to the BLM crowd without one. If there were any complaints, they went unreported by the media. Go figure.

jimnyc
03-28-2021, 04:22 PM
Makes me wonder, if there wasn’t any sort of fine or citation for not wearing a mask how many people would wear a mask?

I would have. In the beginning this thing scared me a bit and I was using them prior to the mandate. But that's the better masks, and using them if I went anywhere with more than a couple of people.

But after awhile I would make that decision based on medical information. And if it were known that they weren't helping, then eventually I would choose not to wear them. As of now, it seems they may help a little to keep non-vaccinated people from potentially coughing or sneezing near others. But post vaccine it's going to suck to have to wear one for no reason really IMO.

fj1200
03-29-2021, 02:59 PM
That’s a reasonable approach for sure.
@fj1200 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=728) , what do you think of the cruise line’s policy?

Private companies making private decisions. And considering the close quarters on a ship with previous outbreaks of non-covid viruses makes sense. And if they need CDC sign off to start sailing again I don't think they have a choice.

fj1200
03-29-2021, 03:03 PM

My wife got her first shot and has a card to prove it. Considering the millions that have gotten the vaccine at this point it seems like any major issues would have already popped up.

jimnyc
03-29-2021, 03:33 PM
My wife got her first shot and has a card to prove it. Considering the millions that have gotten the vaccine at this point it seems like any major issues would have already popped up.

Yups. And the issues, even accounting around the world, the negative things thus far have been in the extreme rarity. (knocking on my wood desk here!)

My Dad and step Mom both had their first shots and no reactions at all.

Part of me would rather just have that card too. But NY is already instituting an app to prove you got it, and latest reports are that Biden wants to make it a mandate nationally, it'll just be a matter of which software. The article did state that those without a phone can still print out though - so if I don't like that part of things when the time comes, I can opt-out by just printing things out. But like all other vaccines most of us took, there were limitations in play if we didn't get them. And will be the same thing now. We may not have to go to school anymore, but lots of places are going to require it.

Gunny
03-29-2021, 06:08 PM

Yups. And the issues, even accounting around the world, the negative things thus far have been in the extreme rarity. (knocking on my wood desk here!)

My Dad and step Mom both had their first shots and no reactions at all.

Part of me would rather just have that card too. But NY is already instituting an app to prove you got it, and latest reports are that Biden wants to make it a mandate nationally, it'll just be a matter of which software. The article did state that those without a phone can still print out though - so if I don't like that part of things when the time comes, I can opt-out by just printing things out. But like all other vaccines most of us took, there were limitations in play if we didn't get them. And will be the same thing now. We may not have to go to school anymore, but lots of places are going to require it.My qualms go directly to the principle of the government using coercion to force people to get one whether or not they want it.

Abbey Marie
03-30-2021, 04:35 PM
My qualms go directly to the principle of the government using coercion to force people to get one whether or not they want it.

As we should. You know they go on to demand worse things down the road. My health and age made me opt for it nonetheless.