PDA

View Full Version : Biden - running again in 2024

jimnyc
03-26-2021, 12:26 PM
So apparently declining Joe is not declining, not handing over to Harris, and will be running again for office when he's 82 in 2024. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
03-26-2021, 01:22 PM
So apparently declining Joe is not declining, not handing over to Harris, and will be running again for office when he's 82 in 2024. :rolleyes:

What sort of country will we have by then?

jimnyc
03-26-2021, 01:22 PM
What sort of country will we have by then?

One that's awfully f***ed up?

Abbey Marie
03-26-2021, 01:27 PM
One that's awfully f***ed up?

If it gets much worse, I might have to unplug. No TV, no internet, etc. I can only take so much hypocrisy and irrationality and well, crap.

icansayit
03-26-2021, 02:18 PM
https://www.theancestorhunt.com/uploads/1/2/9/1/12914878/delaware-cemetery-header_orig.jpg

Gunny
03-27-2021, 12:16 PM
The hardest part to that is finding entertainment that is just entertainment without today's leftwingnut, political narrative at its core.

Even the simplest of things like comic book heroes of the 60s made into movies in the 2000's all have political narratives being subliminally pushed. The Avengers movies are about the worst. Captain Marvel is no a female. Nick Fury is black. And their latest? Thor's a tranny.

And there is nothing to convince impressionable young minds coming up nowadays that all of this crap isn't normal. WE are the extremists.

Other side of coin? We sound like our grandparents. thing is, they were right.

jimnyc
03-27-2021, 03:46 PM
The hardest part to that is finding entertainment that is just entertainment without today's leftwingnut, political narrative at its core.

Even the simplest of things like comic book heroes of the 60s made into movies in the 2000's all have political narratives being subliminally pushed. The Avengers movies are about the worst. Captain Marvel is no a female. Nick Fury is black. And their latest? Thor's a tranny.

And there is nothing to convince impressionable young minds coming up nowadays that all of this crap isn't normal. WE are the extremists.

Other side of coin? We sound like our grandparents. thing is, they were right.

Sadly, there is going to be soon a transgender Captain America out there, one who goes around and defends those that are different, or whatever. :rolleyes:

Gunny
03-27-2021, 04:25 PM
Sadly, there is going to be soon a transgender Captain America out there, one who goes around and defends those that are different, or whatever. :rolleyes:That's what I am getting at. Captain America, after he was rescued from an iceberg in the 60s, WAS a social justice warrior. Not like the these slimeball SJWs of today that embrace everything that is wrong. He still stood for the red, white and blue. Theoretically, he would have defended the Rights of transgenders and fags and idiots and lefties. Except there was no such thing. There were good guys and bad guys. The media/left has made the bad guys the good guys and if you don't agree, you're a bad guy. Yeah, completely convoluted.

The closest Marvel got to Captain America is when Civil War and his subsequently becoming Nomad. He turned his back on the government he distrusted and wouldn't fly its Colors as long as it represented them and not what it was supposed to. That would be the character in my avatar.

I followed Captain America comic books. When he became Nomad I dropped his ass. How times have changed :). I didn't understand the politics of the day were driving it. His character switch followed on the heels of the end of the Vietnam War and Watergate. Distrust and disrespect for the US Government was as bad as it is now.

And I won't drop a dime on the current shit. BUT ... look what I learned as a 12, 13, 14 years old kid from the very same characters and storyline.

Gunny
03-27-2021, 04:29 PM
You have to bite the bullet somewhere. I begrudgingly use youtube. You can watch most old movies for free, and free of political commentary. At least for now. If they screw that up, I have no problem with going to that dust-covered, antiquated thing called a library and check out some books.

Ironic that I am becoming defined by what I boycott (censor) :)

icansayit
03-27-2021, 05:09 PM
We still have over 300 Videotaped movies, and YES, we still have the VCR still clicking 12:00 like it always has.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We also stepped up when the CD's began and our supply of Movies from as far back as the 90's is still ready for loading.

Otherwise....SCREW 'EM.:laugh: