PDA

View Full Version : Is your christianity on hold while you are on the internet?

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Do you practice what Jesus preached while on the internet or is it a Jesus free zone for those who are christains?

darin
09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Do you know anything about Christianity?

Nukeman
09-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I don't recall disagreeing with some being anti-Christian. You can't stand it when others don't agree with you, so now you try to say they don't follow their religious teachings...

I feel very sad for you....

retiredman
09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
does anyone on here really think that Jesus would have approved of shock and awe?

darin
09-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Jesus DEFINED Shock and Awe. :)

retiredman
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I forgot...isn't there a passage in Luke where Jesus advocates dropping thousands of pounds of explosives onto the homes of the pharisees? :lol:

darin
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Why would he do that?

retiredman
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
to shock and awe them, of course. same reason we did it.

you toss out a stupid lameass one liner, "Jesus defined shock and awe", I push it in right back where it came from.

darin
09-21-2007, 12:55 PM
to shock and awe them, of course. same reason we did it.

you toss out a stupid lameass one liner, "Jesus defined shock and awe", I push it in right back where it came from.

Why would the God of the universe need bombs? I mean - it's just silly.

Are you debating the fact Jesus shocked the population of this planet with his awe-inspiring message? The man divided time. Jesus most-certainly was NOT meek.

:)

I bet your lone chest hair was popping straight up and out of your zippered sweater when you made that last reply, Seaman Apprentice.

PostmodernProphet
09-21-2007, 01:08 PM
is your rationalism on hold while you are on the internet?

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Would jesus agree with how you treat others on this board who you dont agree with?

If you call Jesus your personal savior maybe you could answer for me how you see this question and your answer for it?

-Cp
09-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Would jesus agree with how you treat others on this board who you dont agree with?

If you call Jesus your personal savior maybe you could answer for me how you see this question and your answer for it?

Better question is: Since when do give a damn about what Jesus thinks?

PostmodernProphet
09-21-2007, 01:13 PM
....Aphrone!

retiredman
09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
you avoid the question.... no surprise...

do you honestly think that Jesus would have approved of the actions of the United States at the outset of the Iraq war that we quaintly refer to as "shock and awe"?

and my my my...you do love to insult, don't you?

you must find it much easier than actually discussing ideas, eh?

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 01:16 PM

Why do you ask a question instead of answer mine?

why do you never answer what I ask and insist I answer your questions?

Is this fair , would Jesus approve of you being so unwilling to treat others fairly?

-Cp
09-21-2007, 01:32 PM

Is this fair , would Jesus approve of you being so unwilling to treat others fairly?

I ask because I need to know the motive of why you asked your question in the first place....

You obviously don't care what Christ thinks - if you did, you wouldn't be a liberal...

Based on that, you're asking a question based on a false pretense of you giving a damn about Christ or what he thinks - therefore, I don't feel the need to humor you by answering your question...

retiredman
09-21-2007, 01:35 PM
You obviously don't care what Christ thinks - if you did, you wouldn't be a liberal...

I find that sort of inflammatory statement insulting and non-productive. I am a very devout Christian and my church and its mission is a major part of my life.

Tell me again what Jesus would think about shock and awe.

PostmodernProphet
09-21-2007, 01:36 PM

to underscore the similarity......

would Jesus approve of you being so unwilling to treat others fairly

where do you get the silly idea that Jesus treated all beliefs and thoughts equally?......read Luke 11, starting at verse 37......

darin
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
you avoid the question.... no surprise...

do you honestly think that Jesus would have approved of the actions of the United States at the outset of the Iraq war that we quaintly refer to as "shock and awe"?

and my my my...you do love to insult, don't you?

you must find it much easier than actually discussing ideas, eh?

Chesty,

Yes. He most-certainly approves. He's sad though, that Saddam started the war in the 1st place. But he understand.

- dmp

5stringJeff
09-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Do you practice what Jesus preached while on the internet or is it a Jesus free zone for those who are christains?

Do you have a specific example of someone's actions that went contrary to a specific teaching of Christ? Or is this a rhetorical question?

darin
09-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Hello Ms. Pot.

A majority (of this board)are... idiots.

Be affraid be very affraid is alll you people know and you SHAME your great country with your childish fears.

You have consistantly been a dick to me.

You are vile and arrogant and thick-headed and you want to play the role of a victim here?

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello Ms. Pot.

You are vile and arrogant and thick-headed and you want to play the role of a victim here?

I am not a victim and will NEVER be your victim little man.

You people are refusing to answer my question over and over and you always insist I answer yours.

You have no idea what being decent human being is about.

You talk of beating women and how they are supposed to submitt to you and then talk about how pious you are.

You treat this place like your little kingdom and spew bile on anyone who DARES disagree with you.

How many times have you insisted I answer a question implying a threat?

Then look how good you are at returning the same treatment to anyone else you DEEM beneth you.

How in the Hell would you people know what I think about Jesus?

Go find any quote of mine degradig what the man said?

I know ,I know you wont answer these questions just like always because you think you dont have to treat people with ay sense of fairness.

You are better than others.

Jesus would be so proud of you.

JohnDoe
09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Let me be the first to answer your question TM,

I always try to do and practice what Jesus taught...the internet is not a Jesus free zone, it is a place for me to be a good witness for Him....so that others may see the good in Him, in me, and want to get to know about Him.

If I acted as if it were a Jesus free zone on the internet, I would be questioning whether the Devil ruled me during these periods, cuz there is one or the other... to me.

You either believe in Christ and try to follow what he taught while here on Earth, or you spit in His face and follow evil, the Devil.

not much more to say than that....

jd

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Let me be the first to answer your question TM,

I always try to do and practice what Jesus taught...the internet is not a Jesus free zone, it is a place for me to be a good witness for Him....so that others may see the good in Him, in me, and want to get to know about Him.

If I acted as if it were a Jesus free zone on the internet, I would be questioning whether the Devil ruled me during these periods, cuz there is one or the other... to me.

You either believe in Christ and try to follow what he taught while here on Earth, or you spit in His face and follow evil, the Devil.

not much more to say than that....

jd

Wow a christian who actually answered the question and from your answer I would say you do follow the teachings of Jesus and do it very well.

I have seen it in your posts to people you disagree with and am not suprised to see you answer it in this way.

You are a complete class act JD!

jimnyc
09-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I am not a victim and will NEVER be your victim little man. You people are refusing to answer my question over and over and you always insist I answer yours. You have no idea what being decent human being is about. You talk of beating women and how they are supposed to submit to you and then talk about how pious you are.

You treat this place like your little kingdom and spew bile on anyone who DARES disagree with you. How many times have you insisted I answer a question implying a threat? Then look how good you are at returning the same treatment to anyone else you DEEM beneath you.

How in the Hell would you people know what I think about Jesus? Go find any quote of mine degrading what the man said? I know ,I know you wont answer these questions just like always because you think you don't have to treat people with ay sense of fairness. You are better than others.

Fixed another one for you so anyone reading doesn't think we allow 2nd graders to post here.

You're welcome! :)

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
why dont you try answering one of my questions for a change?

jimnyc
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
why dont you try answering one of my questions for a change?

I've answered EVERY question you have ever asked of me. If I missed one, feel free to remind me of it and I will answer just for you!

I didn't answer here as I'm not an overly religious person and I don't think religion has anything to do with me having a little fun on the internet. But I bet if Jesus has an opportunity to peruse some of my responses to you he would let out a little giggle.

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
I've answered EVERY question you have ever asked of me. If I missed one, feel free to remind me of it and I will answer just for you!

I didn't answer here as I'm not an overly religious person and I don't think religion has anything to do with me having a little fun on the internet. But I bet if Jesus has an opportunity to peruse some of my responses to you he would let out a little giggle.

You are not a christian?

jimnyc
09-21-2007, 02:49 PM
You are not a christian?

Always grew up being called "Catholic", but yes. I went to catechism and made my communion and confirmation. My parents brought me to church growing up, and as I grew off onto my own I started going less and less. I used to bring my Grandmother to church on occasion as she got older because she wasn't able to get there by herself. The last time I was in church is when my son was baptized.

I do read the bible on occasion. I was taught a long time ago by a family friend who was also a priest that if I wanted to speak to the Lord, I need not be under his roof to do so. Just say a prayer wherever I am and he hears me. Seek his guidance and he shall help me. Some might consider me a sinner for not attending services, and so be it, but the Lord is in my heart and I haven't lost my faith.

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Always grew up being called "Catholic", but yes. I went to catechism and made my communion and confirmation. My parents brought me to church growing up, and as I grew off onto my own I started going less and less. I used to bring my Grandmother to church on occasion as she got older because she wasn't able to get there by herself. The last time I was in church is when my son was baptized.

I do read the bible on occasion. I was taught a long time ago by a family friend who was also a priest that if I wanted to speak to the Lord, I need not be under his roof to do so. Just say a prayer wherever I am and he hears me. Seek his guidance and he shall help me. Some might consider me a sinner for not attending services, and so be it, but the Lord is in my heart and I haven't lost my faith.

So do you strive to follow the teachings of Jesus?

jimnyc
09-21-2007, 02:54 PM

I do my best, but generally fall short! Not sure what you're leading to, but I sleep just well at night with myself, even if I do have a little fun at others expense sometimes!

darin
09-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I am not a victim and will NEVER be your victim little man.

You people are refusing to answer my question over and over and you always insist I answer yours.

You have no idea what being decent human being is about.

You talk of beating women and how they are supposed to submitt to you and then talk about how pious you are.

You treat this place like your little kingdom and spew bile on anyone who DARES disagree with you.

Then look how good you are at returning the same treatment to anyone else you DEEM beneth you.

I know ,I know you wont answer these questions just like always because you think you dont have to treat people with ay sense of fairness.

You are better than others.

You're SOO Christlike in your reply...wow...You OOZE love...

You are absolutely the antithesis of Christianity because you cherish and love lies. Plain and simple.

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 03:05 PM
You're SOO Christlike in your reply...wow...You OOZE love...

You are absolutely the antithesis of Christianity because you cherish and love lies. Plain and simple.

Im not the one constantly claiming christian superiority little man.

I believe Jesus was a great philosopher.

I do not believe in any religion.

You are the one who keeps claiming you are a christian man.

You fall very short of anything Jesus says.

Why do you NEVER answer any question I pose you?

darin
09-21-2007, 03:13 PM

Then why do you CARE enough to draft this thread?

Then what gives you ANY authority or concern to judge how a christian should behave?

Now that's just not true. A lot of things I do very well. Off the top of my head: I LOVE people enough to be straight with them. I call a lie, a 'lie'. I love God more than you, or jimnyc, or my wife and kids.

See - this is funny...I'll answer this question you just posed so you won't be able to ask it again. Here's my answer to that question:

That question is dishonest. First off, you haven't asked me anything directly have you? Maybe I missed it? Secondly, when you ask stupid questions or build strawmen, I purposely refuse to answer. I won't waste my time answer stupid questions. Honest simple questions - sure...but MOST of the questions you 'ask' are bullshit. :)

darin
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM

Zero times.

there.

First explain what degradig means so I'll know what to look for.

09-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I forgot...isn't there a passage in Luke where Jesus advocates dropping thousands of pounds of explosives onto the homes of the pharisees? :lol:

He tends to work through nature. you know. Floods, fires. etc.

09-21-2007, 04:08 PM

You mean by helping them out repeatedly despite being spit on for the attempt?

Heck yeah, that's what He spent most of His life doing.

09-21-2007, 04:11 PM

youd think after the first time he answered this youd understand...

09-21-2007, 04:15 PM

Yet the truth is He is the Son of God. The Savior of the world. I would think as a self proclaimed seeker of truth you would want to know for yourself as Peter did that whther this is true.

And not to belabor the point, but of course he falls short of anything Jesus says. Everyone does. That is the entire point of His ministry and sacrifice. He camed to give hope to those who were condemned because of their imperfections. Which is everyone. He came to pay the price for our sins. Kind of pointless if we never sinned. The healthy dont need a physician, the sick do.

Why on earth do you expect perfection from Christians when one of the core tenents of Christianity is that man is not perfect?

Gaffer
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
tm and mfm want to claim to be such christians. Yet they can't put aside their Bush hatred long enough. tm wants to put people on a guilt trip concerning how they act on the internet. mfm wants to bring up shock and awe at every opportunity just so he can espouse his hatred of Bush. If you want to play the jesus card you need to take a look inside yourselves first. be honest with yourselves, you HATE. You despise Bush, the GOP and everyone that doesn't agree with your agenda. And then have the gall to call yourselves christians.

I'm not a christian. I hate and I don't feel guilty about it. I do something nice and don't expect to be rewarded for it. Your either a christian or your a hypocrite, and from the posts both of you make, you fall in the hypocrite category.

truthmatters
09-21-2007, 06:02 PM
tm and mfm want to claim to be such christians. Yet they can't put aside their Bush hatred long enough. tm wants to put people on a guilt trip concerning how they act on the internet. mfm wants to bring up shock and awe at every opportunity just so he can espouse his hatred of Bush. If you want to play the jesus card you need to take a look inside yourselves first. be honest with yourselves, you HATE. You despise Bush, the GOP and everyone that doesn't agree with your agenda. And then have the gall to call yourselves christians.

I'm not a christian. I hate and I don't feel guilty about it. I do something nice and don't expect to be rewarded for it. Your either a christian or your a hypocrite, and from the posts both of you make, you fall in the hypocrite category.

WHERE HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO BE A CHRISTIAN???????

Yet the truth is He is the Son of God. The Savior of the world. I would think as a self proclaimed seeker of truth you would want to know for yourself as Peter did that whther this is true.

And not to belabor the point, but of course he falls short of anything Jesus says. Everyone does. That is the entire point of His ministry and sacrifice. He camed to give hope to those who were condemned because of their imperfections. Which is everyone. He came to pay the price for our sins. Kind of pointless if we never sinned. The healthy dont need a physician, the sick do.

Why on earth do you expect perfection from Christians when one of the core tenents of Christianity is that man is not perfect?
How about just an attempt at fairness and civility?

I never asked for perfection so you are lying.

manu1959
09-21-2007, 08:00 PM

are you a christian?

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I believe you are being treated unfairly at times, with some choosing to call you names rather then answer your questions. I probably dont agree with you that often lol, but I think everyone on the board, should atleast try to stop the name calling, and be a bit more polite, and be a less extreme with the rhetoric.

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I think y'all should answer tm's question before you post you own. It seems the respectful and polite thing to do.

:dance:

Dilloduck
09-21-2007, 09:13 PM

It might be because your questions are usually a bit leading.

Oh what the heck---no, I think if I asked Jesus how to treat people on the internet he would probably laugh and then say something really deep like--"it really doesn't matter to me."

manu1959
09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I think y'all should answer tm's question before you post you own. It seems the respectful and polite thing to do.

:dance:

you must be joking.....there is no need to answer insulting questions....

09-21-2007, 10:50 PM
WHERE HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO BE A CHRISTIAN???????

How about just an attempt at fairness and civility?

I never asked for perfection so you are lying.

youve been given it plenty of times but you dont like that.

82Marine89
09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Since when does a liberal care what Jesus thinks? You throw Him out of schools. You ostracize those who celebrate His life, but when convenient, you invoke His name to prove your point. I firmly believe there is a warmer place in Hell for folks like you.

JohnDoe
09-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Since when does a liberal care what Jesus thinks? You throw Him out of schools. You ostracize those who celebrate His life, but when convenient, you invoke His name to prove your point. I firmly believe there is a warmer place in Hell for folks like you.

Was the original question that offensive? If I had asked it, or cp had asked it, or any other Christian on here had asked it, would the question be answered and would the person asking it have been told that there is a place in Hell for them??

I find it telling that NO ONE wanted to answer the question but would rather seemingly act like the Devil's child imo, (not avatar),instead of taking the opportunity to be a good witness for God.

enough said.

jd

manu1959
09-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Was the original question that offensive? If I had asked it, or cp had asked it, or any other Christian on here had asked it, would the question be answered and would the person asking it have been told that there is a place in Hell for them??
I find it telling that NO ONE wanted to answer the question but would rather seemingly act like the Devil's child imo, (not avatar),instead of taking the opportunity to be a good witness for God.
enough said.
jd

it was a rehtorical question and she was being rude.......end of story....

JohnDoe
09-22-2007, 12:13 AM
it was a rehtorical question and she was being rude.......end of story....yes, she was, but as a Christian, one is suppose to walk the extra mile with ones adversary, turn the other cheek, in this kind of situation....

you said you were not a Christian, right manu?

jd

Abbey Marie
09-22-2007, 12:22 AM

enough said.

jd

Goodness, is TM paying you to be her board advocate? I think you are going overboard by rushing to her defense in so many threads. Now and then is fine, but all the time? Apparently, she is a fully grown woman, and she chooses to continue posting here despite all the big bad conservatives.

Btw, I looked up her posts, and she started insulting all of us on the board right from the start. No victim status deserved here.

As for answering her question, it's a simple equation: when she answers ours, we will answer hers. Ta da!

gabosaurus
09-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Original post makes zero sense, making it difficult to formulate a response.

82Marine89
09-22-2007, 07:40 AM

enough said.

jd

You're right, or should I say correct? If a conservative had asked that question my response would have been different. Here's what I would have said;

My problem with most born-again Christians is their use of the phrase, "I'm not perfect, just forgiven." They use it as a get out of Hell free card and an excuse to sin. I personally feel there is a warmer place in Hell for folks like that.

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Rude question, I dont think it was rude?

Leading question , absolutely.

This question makes perfect sense.

If you believe in what Jesus preached then there is NO reason to think you should act any differently with "people " on the internet than anywhere else.

Many who I think call themselfs Christains here and some like me who are not Christians but believe in what Jesus taught about how to treat our fellow man should join in on the idea of treating each other decently here.

I just dont understand why people think because its the internet your morals and sense of decency are on hold.

Do you think this is correct to treat the internet as if its NOT real people you are talking too?

I for one have blown it here recently and am going to turn the leaf over. I am going back to not insulting people and treating people with as much respect as I can muster in hopes that some of you will join me and that my heart will be less heavy with it. I know some of you think it was just me being a pompus ass but it was the real me. I really think it is possible for all of us here to treat each other with respect. Some may not join in the civility but those who do will be greatly appreaciated by more than just me.

Group hug?

;P

JohnDoe
09-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Goodness, is TM paying you to be her board advocate? I think you are going overboard by rushing to her defense in so many threads. Now and then is fine, but all the time? Apparently, she is a fully grown woman, and she chooses to continue posting here despite all the big bad conservatives.

whether it was TM or anyone else that was ganged up on or treated in the same manner, I would stick up for them.... shoot, I don't agree with much at all that President Bush has done but I am feeling sorry for him and all the attacks on him right now....

I defended Nevada and Rsr and others that are offensive to me.... shoot EVERY post that Stephanie makes is an insult thrown at me and my party, even when you post your one liners, it usually includes an insult or a snide remark about Liberals/Democrats...

This may be hard for you to see, and you may think that it does not take place on this board, but it does, continually. I say nothing and I do not attack back, at these comments from the board about Liberals, shoot, sometimes I find myself laughing at myself and my own party with some of the comments made, even some of your one liners.

I don't expect everyone on this board to be as understanding as I am, I just have my own standards and good practices that I hold for myself.

Btw, I looked up her posts, and she started insulting all of us on the board right from the start. No victim status deserved here.

Really? I guess that is why the owner of this site praised her in the beginning for being civil with everyone, even though they had begun attacking her? Would you like me to find Jim's posts saying such?

As for answering her question, it's a simple equation: when she answers ours, we will answer hers. Ta da!

Well, isn't that a mature approach! Why come and post on a thread that asks a question IF YOU HAD NO INTENT to answer the original post in the thread, and only intentions to insult the person that started the thread?

Start your own thread if you demand an answer to your own questions....is how I look at it Abbey.

No one was forced to come to this thread, it could have been ignored, if the original question was leading or insulting to them imho, and TM could have gone on ranting with herself, with no one else on the thread, which would have ended it quickly.

I don't want to change the posting "style" of all the users on this board, it is who they are and that is just fine and dandy with me, and that includes those that continually insult me and my party for no valid reason.

Free Speech, all the way baby!

Including mine, when I defend others on this board.

jd

Guernicaa
09-22-2007, 10:28 AM

That's touching.

Dilloduck
09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Rude question, I dont think it was rude?

Leading question , absolutely.

This question makes perfect sense.

If you believe in what Jesus preached then there is NO reason to think you should act any differently with "people " on the internet than anywhere else.

Many who I think call themselfs Christains here and some like me who are not Christians but believe in what Jesus taught about how to treat our fellow man should join in on the idea of treating each other decently here.

I just dont understand why people think because its the internet your morals and sense of decency are on hold.

Do you think this is correct to treat the internet as if its NOT real people you are talking too?

I for one have blown it here recently and am going to turn the leaf over. I am going back to not insulting people and treating people with as much respect as I can muster in hopes that some of you will join me and that my heart will be less heavy with it. I know some of you think it was just me being a pompus ass but it was the real me. I really think it is possible for all of us here to treat each other with respect. Some may not join in the civility but those who do will be greatly appreaciated by more than just me.

Group hug?

;P

I don't think the board is quite ready for you to come in and tell everyone to treat each other like Jesus would. I really don't.

Guernicaa
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't consider myself to be a religious person. So the answer to the original question would be a no.
I was baptized and confirmed in the Catholic Church, but I always hated everything about it. Religion class was more of like a place to hang out and chat with people from other local schools and mess around with the teachers.
I believe in god, but not in the sense that most Christian religions depict him/her. I guess you could say though, that I'm catholic by culture and tradition. I still partake in all the little gimmicks throughout the year, and try to avoid meat on Fridays during lent.

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't consider myself to be a religious person. So the answer to the original question would be a no.
I was baptized and confirmed in the Catholic Church, but I always hated everything about it. Religion class was more of like a place to hang out and chat with people from other local schools and mess around with the teachers.
I believe in god, but not in the sense that most Christian religions depict him/her. I guess you could say though, that I'm catholic by culture and tradition. I still partake in all the little gimmicks throughout the year, and try to avoid meat on Fridays during lent.

I know many catholics who do it more as a cultural thing than a religious thing. I do think Jesus had some really great things to say though.

manu1959
09-22-2007, 10:57 AM
the whole "what would Jesus do" argument is juvenile......the people that say this, do not believe in Jesus as the messiah and more often than not bash religion at every turn.....make fun of religion.....ask for proof of the "sky pixie"......don't want any western religion taught in school or even mentioned....no Christmas songs....no Christmas tree....but prayer rooms and religious tolerance for islam......

but then, suddenly, claim Jesus knowledge, and know what Jesus would do in every situation.....

if Jesus was nothing more than a philospher....he more than likely would ask you to your own actions and not to concern yourself with the actions of others......

me.....i am not a christian .....all yall are fair game.....:fu:

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I can admire Jesus and not be a christain just as many people who from other religions do.

His words were very profound and nearly the entire world agrees with that sentiment.

I shall continue to believe that most people are mostly good.

There are some who are entirely evil but they are highly outnumbered.

manu1959
09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I can admire Jesus and not be a christain just as many people who from other religions do.

His words were very profound and nearly the entire world agrees with that sentiment.

I shall continue to believe that most people are mostly good.

There are some who are entirely evil but they are highly outnumbered.

jesus was a good philosopher....at a minimum.....

to say nearly the entire world admires jesus is quite a stretch.....maybe 1/2 to 3/4 .....

one evil person can undo the lives of thousands......it takes many many many good people to stop the few that are evil......all you have to do is look to the middle east.....

if you agree good is the iraq govt and those trying to help them and evil are the terrorists......the many can not stop the few.....and if you belive the us is evil and the rest of the world is good....once again the many can not stop the few.....

the only way to stop evil is on its own terms.....

Abbey Marie
09-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, isn't that a mature approach! Why come and post on a thread that asks a question IF YOU HAD NO INTENT to answer the original post in the thread, and only intentions to insult the person that started the thread?

Start your own thread if you demand an answer to your own questions....is how I look at it Abbey.

No one was forced to come to this thread, it could have been ignored, if the original question was leading or insulting to them imho, and TM could have gone on ranting with herself, with no one else on the thread, which would have ended it quickly.

I don't want to change the posting "style" of all the users on this board, it is who they are and that is just fine and dandy with me, and that includes those that continually insult me and my party for no valid reason.

Free Speech, all the way baby!

Including mine, when I defend others on this board.

jd

It it neither necessary nor advisable to start a separate thread to get answers to questions that arise in an on-going thread. And if I want to come in any thread and make a comment, that is my right to do so. I don't need a lecture from you on when and where to post.

Btw, I think you flatter yourself with the belief that you are the "conscience" of DP. And you might want to take a look at how egotistical and judgmental that sounds. Especially given the way you have spoken privately. :dunno:

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 12:13 PM
jesus was a good philosopher....at a minimum.....

to say nearly the entire world admires jesus is quite a stretch.....maybe 1/2 to 3/4 .....

one evil person can undo the lives of thousands......it takes many many many good people to stop the few that are evil......all you have to do is look to the middle east.....

if you agree good is the iraq govt and those trying to help them and evil are the terrorists......the many can not stop the few.....and if you belive the us is evil and the rest of the world is good....once again the many can not stop the few.....

the only way to stop evil is on its own terms.....

If you meet evil with evil then evil has won.

manu1959
09-22-2007, 12:16 PM
If you meet evil with evil then evil has won.

only if your aim is bad .....

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 12:17 PM
It it neither necessary nor advisable to start a separate thread to get answers to questions that arise in an on-going thread. And if I want to come in any thread and make a comment, that is my right to do so. I don't need a lecture from you on when and where to post.

Btw, I think you flatter yourself with the belief that you are the "conscience" of DP. And you might want to take a look at how egotistical and judgmental that sounds. Especially given the way you have spoken privately. :dunno:

I dont think JD has been anything but admirable on this board.

She has been a voice of kindness all her days here.

manu1959
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM

except when she "indulges her darkside" and pass out red squares.........

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 12:20 PM
only if your aim is bad .....

The all the side you claim are evil have to do is claim they are doing for a good reason and then they are not evil.

Resorting to Evil to fight evil makes you evil and gives the world into evils hands.

Evil is only rationalised by those who cant resist evil.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm glad that she has been kind to you. :)

manu1959
09-22-2007, 12:24 PM
The all the side you claim are evil have to do is claim they are doing for a good reason and then they are not evil.

Resorting to Evil to fight evil makes you evil and gives the world into evils hands.

Evil is only rationalised by those who cant resist evil.

were hitler and tojo and stalin evil?....pol pot....osama bin laden.....saddam......

should the world have not resorted to the evils of war to stop these people?

doing nothing in the face of evil .... is the worst evil of all......

Yurt
09-22-2007, 01:45 PM
IMHO:

Unless anyone here is a true prophet, I don't think any one us can say exactly what Jesus would do or think.

The question "What would Jesus do or think" is not really a question because to ask the question presupposes an answer already formed in the mind of the one inquiring.

It is a false question.

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 02:14 PM
IMHO:

Unless anyone here is a true prophet, I don't think any one us can say exactly what Jesus would do or think.

The question "What would Jesus do or think" is not really a question because to ask the question presupposes an answer already formed in the mind of the one inquiring.

It is a false question.

I think Jesus spoke out and scaraficed himself in order to get people to think about treating each other like brothers. I think he would have been happy to know people are still thinking about what his message meant and how it applies to our lives today.

were hitler and tojo and stalin evil?....pol pot....osama bin laden.....saddam......

should the world have not resorted to the evils of war to stop these people?

doing nothing in the face of evil .... is the worst evil of all......

Jesus himself struck out and still never compromised to evil.

What would Jesus say or do is a question which honors his ideas.

Said1
09-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I know many catholics who do it more as a cultural thing than a religious thing. I do think Jesus had some really great things to say though.

Define "cultural".

Yurt
09-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I think Jesus spoke out and scaraficed himself in order to get people to think about treating each other like brothers. I think he would have been happy to know people are still thinking about what his message meant and how it applies to our lives today.

Jesus himself struck out and still never compromised to evil.

What would Jesus say or do is a question which honors his ideas.

No, if you really want to honor His ideas, pick up the bible and read. Don't take anyone's word for it, found out for yourself.

Said1
09-22-2007, 02:22 PM
IMHO:

It is a false question.

The question is fairly redundant considering we're all adults and responsible for our own behavior. Jesus doesn't micro-manage. And quite frankly,I think that's what Jesus would say, along with "WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME WITH SUCH STUPID QUESTIONS?" :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Define "cultural".

I wasnt trying to offend. I just meant that its like a family tradition which was started in a religious fashion and is now just a family tradition. My family celibrates Christmas but only a few of us believe in the religious part of it.

Said1
09-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I wasnt trying to offend. I just meant that its like a family tradition which was started in a religious fashion and is now just a family tradition. My family celibrates Christmas but only a few of us believe in the religious part of it.

So they go to confession out of tradition? What a bunch of freaks. :laugh2::poke:

truthmatters
09-22-2007, 02:32 PM
So they go to confession out of tradition? What a bunch of freaks. :laugh2::poke:

Or to please Grandma.

Said1
09-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Or to please Grandma.

It's not so much about pleasing as it is about receiving communion. You can receive communion if you don't go to confession. Well, you can, but you're not supposed to. :laugh2: