PDA

View Full Version : Statue of Greta Thunberg Installed at British University, Angering Staff

jimnyc
03-31-2021, 01:47 PM
Sure. Have a girl with mental issues. Used and abused by elders and lead by the hand and had everything even pre-written for her. Every last thing is fake - and they give her a monument for this. Make me puke. :puke:

---

PICS: £23,000+ Statue of Greta Thunberg Installed at British University, Angering Staff

The University of Winchester has unveiled its almost £24,000 statue of Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg, angering staff who have faced years of cutbacks.

The £23,760 ($32,700) bronze monument to the teenager, who was elevated to international prominence by global leaders after she began skipping classes at her publicly-funded school on Fridays to protest a perceived lack of action on climate change, was slammed as a “vanity project” by staff at the university.

The Winchester branch of the University and College Union (UCU) said that although it “supports the role that Thunberg has played globally… This money should have been better used by preventing redundancies and other cuts at the university” after years of austerity.

“The university’s distinctive approach to commissioning pieces of art is to do so in unminuted meetings and/or avoid any committee scrutiny,” the union added facetiously.

“Not the ideal approach when spending university money.”

The university leadership, for its part, defended its expensive statue. “The university’s approach to art is to commission or purchase unusual and striking pieces which embody our distinctiveness and values,” pronounced Vice-Chancellor Joy Carter, insisting that “Greta is a young woman who, in spite of difficulties in her life, has become a world-leading environmental activist” and, “As the university for sustainability and social justice, we are proud to honour this inspirational woman in this way.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/03/31/pics-23000-statue-of-great-thunberg-installed-at-british-university-angering-staff/

Gunny
03-31-2021, 06:38 PM
This one's up there with the just shaking your head at the level of complete idiocy involved. Where are the idiots that tear down statues when they could actually have a good cause to do so?

tailfins
03-31-2021, 07:04 PM
With all the money she makes being an international celebrity, one would think that Greta Thunberg could pay for her own damn statue.

MtnBiker
03-31-2021, 07:07 PM
I was kinda hoping they embossed her in bronze and actually made her the statue.

Gunny
03-31-2021, 07:12 PM
I was kinda hoping they embossed her in bronze and actually made her the statue.Have you seen that face? Bronze isn't going to stick to THAT :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-31-2021, 07:22 PM
Have you seen that face? Bronze isn't going to stick to THAT :)

Definitely an --Idiot child-- used by worthless parents, imho.
One groomed to spout off leftist bullshit and propaganda... --Tyr

KarlMarx
04-01-2021, 04:37 AM
My opinion is that, once the adoration of Greta subsides and the Left has no more use for her, the lack of attention is going to cause her to develop a huge drinking or substance abuse problem.

I don't know whether to hate her or feel sorry for her. She is definitely being used as a dupe by the climate change radicals and her parents are accomplices

tailfins
04-01-2021, 03:05 PM
My opinion is that, once the adoration of Greta subsides and the Left has no more use for her, the lack of attention is going to cause her to develop a huge drinking or substance abuse problem.

I don't know whether to hate her or feel sorry for her. She is definitely being used as a dupe by the climate change radicals and her parents are accomplices

Maybe she will get an ordinary job like the rest of us and wise up.