PDA

View Full Version : Who qualifies for vaccine next?

jimnyc
04-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Look, if someone is black and at higher risk due to diabetes or another medical condition, by all means, they can get in line in front of me.

But for an order to be racist, IMO, is wrong and should be illegal. We're starting to see more and more things going to people based on color.

And if you "identify" as black? So Rachel Dolezal and ilk? If you're part of a native American tribe? And then these 2:

“English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities,”

In other words, illegals??

---

Vermont Gov. Scott: Those Who Identify as ‘Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color’ Eligible to Sign Up for Vaccine

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott (R) announced on Thursday those who identify as black, indigenous, or a “person of color” can now sign up to receive the coronavirus vaccine. Eligibility for all adults is not expected to open up until later this month.

“If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can sign up to get a vaccine!” the governor announced, providing a link to the state’s website:

https://i.imgur.com/JHBcGfM.png

Only certain categories of people are now eligible to sign up to receive the coronavirus vaccine in the Green Mountain State. That includes those 50 and older, people 16 and older who have “high risk” health conditions, parents or primary caregivers of those with “high risk” health conditions, school staff, and child care workers, public safety workers, health care personnel, nursing home residents, “English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities,” and now “Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC),” per the state.

It remains unclear how the state is implementing the rule, as anyone could, technically, “identify” as whatever race they choose.

His announcement drew significant backlash on social media.

“I have a dream that our children will one day live in a nation where they will receive medical treatment according to the color of their skin, providing the governor has already had his,” one user said.

Some Twitter users quoted the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Others commented directly on the legality of the Governor’s statement:

https://i.imgur.com/zf6WCE9.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/02/vermont-gov-scott-identify-black-indigenous-person-color-eligible-sign-vaccine/

Kathianne
04-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Responding to title, now everyone 16 and older. Suddenly AZ is vaccinating like crazy.

jimnyc
04-02-2021, 03:15 PM
Responding to title, now everyone 16 and older. Suddenly AZ is vaccinating like crazy.

NY did the same for a spell and how I got in. It went through 20 years in like 3 days!

fj1200
04-02-2021, 04:46 PM
In other words, illegals??

---

They're not necessarily illegal. But still stupid rules designed to appeal to the mindless woke masses.

In Georgia as of a week or so ago everyone is eligible. So huzzah! I'm no longer too skinny or too young.

Gunny
04-03-2021, 11:04 AM
They're not necessarily illegal. But still stupid rules designed to appeal to the mindless woke masses.

In Georgia as of a week or so ago everyone is eligible. So huzzah! I'm no longer too skinny or too young.Is there not an Amendment to the US Constitution that mentions discrimination based on race? Unconstitutional IS "illegal".

fj1200
04-03-2021, 07:38 PM
Is there not an Amendment to the US Constitution that mentions discrimination based on race? Unconstitutional IS "illegal".

I was referring to those in the immigrant/refugee communities. They are not necessarily illegals.

Gunny
04-03-2021, 07:41 PM
I was referring to those in the immigrant/refugee communities. They are not necessarily illegals.Elaborate, please.

fj1200
04-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Elaborate, please.

??? There are plenty of immigrants here legally. We have Federal programs for refugees to come to the US; former friendlies from Afghanistan and Iraq, among others.

Gunny
04-03-2021, 07:54 PM
??? There are plenty of immigrants here legally. We have Federal programs for refugees to come to the US; former friendlies from Afghanistan and Iraq, among others.I would argue that those people granted asylum, or visas are not in these refugee camps.

Anyone accepted under these Federal programs is here legally once the determination is made that they qualify. There is no reason for confinement. The ones that have decided that the line begins inside our borders, without permission, are not here legally.

We can't afford this anymore than we can Biden's budget. Legal US citizens are the ones who are going to foot the bill, and suffer for this crap.

fj1200
04-03-2021, 08:00 PM
I would argue that those people granted asylum, or visas are not in these refugee camps.

Anyone accepted under these Federal programs is here legally once the determination is made that they qualify. There is no reason for confinement. The ones that have decided that the line begins inside our borders, without permission, are not here legally.

We can't afford this anymore than we can Biden's budget. Legal US citizens are the ones who are going to foot the bill, and suffer for this crap.

I don't think anyone in Vermont is confined. I was only saying that they are not necessarily illegals; some might be but that is neither here nor there on continued stupid policies.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-04-2021, 10:21 AM
And trained --dancers-- sure know how to dance.--:laugh:--Tyr

Gunny
04-04-2021, 11:44 AM
I don't think anyone in Vermont is confined. I was only saying that they are not necessarily illegals; some might be but that is neither here nor there on continued stupid policies.I'm going to have to reset because I must be missing your point.

The Gov of Vermont issued an edict that is in violation of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. What he basically stated without just coming out and stating it is if you are white, you do not deserve equal protection.

IMO, he's grandstanding. It's becoming more and more popular on the left to discriminate against whites, Constitution or no, because no one is going to challenge it for fear of being labeled a racist. To the rational mind, the actual racism and who is doing it is quite obvious.

Where are the lawsuits from the right?

Kathianne
04-04-2021, 11:54 AM
I'm going to have to reset because I must be missing your point.

The Gov of Vermont issued an edict that is in violation of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. What he basically stated without just coming out and stating it is if you are white, you do not deserve equal protection.

IMO, he's grandstanding. It's becoming more and more popular on the left to discriminate against whites, Constitution or no, because no one is going to challenge it for fear of being labeled a racist. To the rational mind, the actual racism and who is doing it is quite obvious.

The groups that are ok to discriminate against are white males, Jewish, Catholics, Asians, and legal gun owners.

Gunny
04-04-2021, 12:01 PM
The groups that are ok to discriminate against are white males, Jewish, Catholics, Asians, and legal gun owners.Biggest standouts in that list? Jews still clinging to "my Daddy's Party" still voting for Dems. Today's Dem party is obviously pro-Pali/anti-Israel and anti-Jew.

Whites are just as dumb if not dumber. We have been targeted by name (race). Don't get too comfy. It's just rich old white men now. It'll expand.

You'd have to specify which Asians. Seems they're quite in bed with China.

tailfins
04-04-2021, 04:11 PM
I'm going to have to reset because I must be missing your point.

They get settled out of court. You try turning down a $50K check as a "settlement".

Gunny
04-04-2021, 06:50 PM
They get settled out of court. You try turning down a $50K check as a "settlement".I was referring to GOP lawyers contesting any and everything Biden does. Like the Dem lawyers did to Trump.

If it's not too late, the GOP better wake up to beating them at their own game or it will be (too late).

tailfins
04-04-2021, 07:47 PM
Is that family friend a senior citizen?

Abbey Marie
04-05-2021, 08:25 AM
Is that family friend a senior citizen?

No, he’s only 30.