PDA

View Full Version : Trans bans in sports

jimnyc
04-02-2021, 02:35 PM
Youth sports and how do we define a girl? How about one that was born without a penis? :rolleyes:

Bottom line and what they refuse to admit - men are simply born stronger and faster for most part. It clearly makes whatever sport less fair as the rest are girls and this person is a guy, no matter what, as far as competing with any physical event is concerned. This is something that they must prepare for IMO and must understand as to why they cannot compete, and why it's unfair and to come to terms with that fact.

Demanding "equality" for them and then watching so many dominate, it's just wrong to every other competitor.

---

Trans bans in sports pose a harder question than most advocates are willing to admit

When it comes to youth sports, how should we define “girl”?

I posed this question via email this week to the National Center for Transgender Equality because I’m trying to sort out my thoughts on this spate of new and proposed laws around the country aimed at compelling transgender athletes to identify as the gender they were assigned at birth for purposes of athletic competition.

For example, under these proposals, trans girls would be restricted to playing on boys’ teams.

It’s undeniable that many of the backers of these laws are social conservatives contemptuous of transgender people, dubious of the phenomenon and fearful that the blurring of gender lines will lead to social decay. They are the same people, in many cases, who are also pushing state bans on medical interventions for minors that help trans kids live in their new identities.

These dark motivations aside, however, it’s also undeniable that those born male — and particularly those who go through male puberty — have a significant average advantage in most sports over those born female. Boys tend to be bigger, faster and stronger than girls, which is why we separate the sexes for most athletic contests after elementary school.

And so it’s not objectively unreasonable, hateful or transphobic to want to preserve that separation and the dividing line that makes it possible.

How do we do that?

“It’s really pretty straightforward,” replied David Farmer, the press contact for the National Center for Transgender Equality. “Transgender girls are girls, and transgender boys are boys. ”

I’m in agreement with that in nearly all ways. Trans people deserve not just full rights but full respect and all the accommodations society can reasonably muster. I trust medical decisions to them and, when they are minors, to their parents. Honoring their identify preferences — including pronouns — is basic human decency.

But when it comes to athletics, the broad, preemptive argument that saying you’re a girl makes you a girl isn’t persuasive or rooted in science. Which is why the culture-war cry “Save Girls Sports!” affixed to many of these bills seems to be gaining traction, with legislation introduced this year in 25 states ostensibly aimed at “protecting the integrity” of female-only competition.

Opponents argue that these bills are a solution in search of a problem. Less than 2% of high school students identify as transgender. Boys are not showing up at girls’ tryouts simply to game the system. Gender transitioning is not a lark boys undertake so they can fill trophy cases.

Rest - https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/ct-column-trans-sports-bans-girls-legislation-complex-zorn-20210401-z6qa452c2janxknz7xkgrr2pzi-story.html

icansayit
04-02-2021, 05:08 PM
I was born in February, 1947 as a BOY, MALE, NON-FEMALE, and my parents gave me a boy's name. My father (was a Male), my mother (was a Female).

The idiots, radicals, hypocrites, and dummies who insist there are more than 2 genders can...KISS MY........ EAT MY SHORTS........ AND GO FLY A KITE.

P.S. For 74 years. My gender has never changed and there is NO PERSON on Earth who has the ability, or brains to CHANGE THAT for ANYONE.

Gunny
04-03-2021, 11:01 AM
Youth sports and how do we define a girl? How about one that was born without a penis? :rolleyes:

Bottom line and what they refuse to admit - men are simply born stronger and faster for most part. It clearly makes whatever sport less fair as the rest are girls and this person is a guy, no matter what, as far as competing with any physical event is concerned. This is something that they must prepare for IMO and must understand as to why they cannot compete, and why it's unfair and to come to terms with that fact.

Demanding "equality" for them and then watching so many dominate, it's just wrong to every other competitor.

---

Trans bans in sports pose a harder question than most advocates are willing to admit

When it comes to youth sports, how should we define “girl”?

I posed this question via email this week to the National Center for Transgender Equality because I’m trying to sort out my thoughts on this spate of new and proposed laws around the country aimed at compelling transgender athletes to identify as the gender they were assigned at birth for purposes of athletic competition.

For example, under these proposals, trans girls would be restricted to playing on boys’ teams.

It’s undeniable that many of the backers of these laws are social conservatives contemptuous of transgender people, dubious of the phenomenon and fearful that the blurring of gender lines will lead to social decay. They are the same people, in many cases, who are also pushing state bans on medical interventions for minors that help trans kids live in their new identities.

These dark motivations aside, however, it’s also undeniable that those born male — and particularly those who go through male puberty — have a significant average advantage in most sports over those born female. Boys tend to be bigger, faster and stronger than girls, which is why we separate the sexes for most athletic contests after elementary school.

And so it’s not objectively unreasonable, hateful or transphobic to want to preserve that separation and the dividing line that makes it possible.

How do we do that?

“It’s really pretty straightforward,” replied David Farmer, the press contact for the National Center for Transgender Equality. “Transgender girls are girls, and transgender boys are boys. ”

I’m in agreement with that in nearly all ways. Trans people deserve not just full rights but full respect and all the accommodations society can reasonably muster. I trust medical decisions to them and, when they are minors, to their parents. Honoring their identify preferences — including pronouns — is basic human decency.

But when it comes to athletics, the broad, preemptive argument that saying you’re a girl makes you a girl isn’t persuasive or rooted in science. Which is why the culture-war cry “Save Girls Sports!” affixed to many of these bills seems to be gaining traction, with legislation introduced this year in 25 states ostensibly aimed at “protecting the integrity” of female-only competition.

Opponents argue that these bills are a solution in search of a problem. Less than 2% of high school students identify as transgender. Boys are not showing up at girls’ tryouts simply to game the system. Gender transitioning is not a lark boys undertake so they can fill trophy cases.

Rest - https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/ct-column-trans-sports-bans-girls-legislation-complex-zorn-20210401-z6qa452c2janxknz7xkgrr2pzi-story.htmlA question/idea to ponder...

Why are steroids banned again? Because they give an unfair advantage to the athletes that load themselves up with with an over-the-top amount of male hormones. The Federal Mafia recognizes this and sticks its nose where it doesn't belong to control them. Meaning the advantages of testosterone/whatever chemicals mimic its affect are documented. scientific fact by the eggheads on the left when it suits them to superimpose their morality on "fair play".

How is it again that there is any difference in that above, and males competing with females in sporting events?