PDA

View Full Version : MLB, Delta, American Airlines ‘Have No Problem’ with Customers Having to Show ID

jimnyc
04-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Airlines speak out about having to show ID in Georgia to vote. Yet they require ID to fly in any state in America. Same with MLB in many instances. There are an endless amount of places that require ID, and more specifically photo ID, and yet they still play this game when it comes to voting.

I need ID to pickup tickets to a baseball or football game, but aok to do as I please without ID when voting? :rolleyes: How about the same with buying alcohol? Someone looks about 5 years underage? So what, ID isn't required.

This is so ridiculous and so hypocritical.

---

GOP Rep. Roy: MLB, Delta, American Airlines ‘Have No Problem’ with Customers Having to Show ID

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Fox News @ Night,” Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) said that Georgia’s election law requires identification the same way Major League Baseball, Delta Air Lines, and American Airlines require people to show ID.

Roy said, “It requires voter identification to be able to be used in voting. The same kind of [photo] identification, by the way, that Major League Baseball requires when you pick up tickets, whether it’s in Atlanta or, by the way, in Fenway Park in Boston or Yankee Stadium in New York. They have no problem with [photo] ID. Of course, neither does Delta Air Lines or American Airlines have a problem with [photo] ID.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/03/gop-rep-roy-mlb-delta-american-airlines-require-their-customers-to-show-id/

Gunny
04-03-2021, 11:38 AM
It's a complete double standard. As far as I'm concerned, people/businesses such as these just prove the old adage: "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove you are".

Think about "everything" you can do without ID. You can't even get out of the driveway to go somewhere where ID is required without a driver's license. Can't get a job. No smokes. No booze.

Technically, you have to have ID to use a debit card and if you do not produce it, the vendor can keep your debit/credit card. That's per the bank. I can go on and on, but the point is obvious.

American Airlines did the same kind of crying because Texas has put the screws to voting without ID. Try getting on American without ID.

It's an obvious double standard by the Dem mafia to cheat on elections. There's nothing else nor any other reason it could be.

jimnyc
04-03-2021, 11:44 AM
It's a complete double standard. As far as I'm concerned, people/businesses such as these just prove the old adage: "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove you are".

Think about "everything" you can do without ID. You can't even get out of the driveway to go somewhere where ID is required without a driver's license. Can't get a job. No smokes. No booze.

Technically, you have to have ID to use a debit card and if you do not produce it, the vendor can keep your debit/credit card. That's per the bank. I can go on and on, but the point is obvious.

American Airlines did the same kind of crying because Texas has put the screws to voting without ID. Try getting on American without ID.

It's an obvious double standard by the Dem mafia to cheat on elections. There's nothing else nor any other reason it could be.

Yup, I'm leaving in a few for CVS to pickup my prescription - and I have to show photo ID for it.

Gunny
04-03-2021, 01:15 PM
Yup, I'm leaving in a few for CVS to pickup my prescription - and I have to show photo ID for it.Coincidentally, I just returned from Walgreen's. Sinus meds? ID. Smokes? ID. Since I'm in the "club", I also am required to have a phone number.

I haven't even gotten into the military ID I have. You're pretty much not walking in a door on base without it. That's to include the gate to get on the damned base :)

tailfins
04-03-2021, 02:39 PM
It's time for Georgia to remove all tax breaks for MLB. I wonder if MLB is dyslexic and thinks that it's BLM.

Gunny
04-03-2021, 07:46 PM
It's time for Georgia to remove all tax breaks for MLB. I wonder if MLB is dyslexic and thinks that it's BLM.I watch none of them anymore. Nor do I drop a thin dime on their products.

If professional sports gets back to playing sports and not politics, I'll give them a look. I don't give a crap what American or Delta airlines political opinions are. If I ever need to fly again, the above will be a consideration prior to purchasing a ticket.