PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on Georgia vs. Coca-Cola, MLB, Delta

jimnyc
04-06-2021, 11:25 AM
I've started liking Rand more and more over the past 5 years or so. And he's spot on here too. I doubt it happens, but it WOULD make an issue if every last person on the right said :fu: to them.

---

Rand Paul on Georgia vs. Coca-Cola, MLB, Delta: ‘If They Want to Boycott Us, Why Don’t We Boycott Them?’

Monday on FNC’s “The Story,” Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) suggested Republicans and other conservatives that take issue with punitive actions taken by corporate America against Georgia for the passage of a law by the Georgia Assembly to shore up election integrity take on those companies with their own boycott.

The Kentucky Republican argued going “woke” should come at a price for publicly traded businesses that get involved in politics.

“They started it,” he said. “Major League Baseball wants to boycott the whole state of Georgia, including Atlanta. They have already gotten rid of the All-Star Game and the draft. And they’re doing it because they don’t like a Republican law, a law that actually expands voting. It doesn’t contract voting. Georgia now has more early voting than New York has. So, it’s kind of ridiculous. Even the facts don’t meet what they’re trying to do. But my point is, yes, if they want to boycott us, why don’t we boycott them? This is the only thing that will teach them a lesson. If Coca-Cola wants to only operate in Democrat states and wants only Democrats to drink Coca-Cola, God love them.”

“We will see how well they do when half of the country quits drinking Coca-Cola, when half the country quit using Delta,” Paul continued. “So, the thing is, is, they’re all woke, but they’re really doing something that is against the financial interests of every business. Publicly traded businesses usually don’t get involved with politics because it hurts their bottom line to make half the country unhappy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/05/rand-paul-on-georgia-vs-coca-cola-mlb-delta-if-they-want-to-boycott-us-why-dont-we-boycott-them/

MtnBiker
04-06-2021, 08:48 PM
The kneeling for the national anthem did have a negative impact on the NFL. I really do wonder if the MLB’s ridiculous wokeness actions will also have a negative impact. I certainly think it will. So, for companies like Coke, Levi Strauss, MLB that have been such iconic American brands, it’s a shame to have politics diminish their standing. Personally I don’t watch much sports anyway, so will be easy to ignore the MLB. I gave up carbonated sugar water years ago. Do like to fly and have a Delta sky miles card so that could be tough. But a great way for realistic Americans to send a message to these mismanaged woke companies is to remove their hard earned dollars from products.

jimnyc
04-07-2021, 10:23 AM
The kneeling for the national anthem did have a negative impact on the NFL. I really do wonder if the MLB’s ridiculous wokeness actions will also have a negative impact. I certainly think it will. So, for companies like Coke, Levi Strauss, MLB that have been such iconic American brands, it’s a shame to have politics diminish their standing. Personally I don’t watch much sports anyway, so will be easy to ignore the MLB. I gave up carbonated sugar water years ago. Do like to fly and have a Delta sky miles card so that could be tough. But a great way for realistic Americans to send a message to these mismanaged woke companies is to remove their hard earned dollars from products.

I have no doubt it did. And I think the harm will come around in the long run. Like you said, these are iconic American companies. But they decided to enter politics, and should know like all of the others that when you take political stances you are liable to anger half of the nation. And all of the woke crap, and so many players playing the PC games, many Americans soured on watching them. Sports was a getaway, a place to tune in and get away from politics and daily BS and just enjoy yourself. But tune in, and watch kneeling for our flag & phrases on helmets and shirts & listening to announcers - no thanks for me.

I don't drink Coke but for a rare rare occasion as I switched to water many years back. And I know I won't be buying a Coke in my near future nor any of their owned products. I do love my Levi's jeans!! But there and so many better companies out there to choose from, so that's what I'll do. I did fly Delta a bunch of times but no more. Most airlines will even announce as the flight taxies - "we want to thank you for flying Delta as we know there are so many to choose from". And I will choose others, dumbasses.

Abbey Marie
04-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Will the Masters be next? Thoughts?

jimnyc
04-07-2021, 11:06 AM
Will the Masters be next? Thoughts?

Those guys aren't your typical hollywood lefties. I don't think you'll even hear a peep from them is my guess!