PDA

View Full Version : All-time April low could fall in Alaskan city

jimnyc
04-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Damn, what's it supposed to drop down to by you, Rick? NightTrain

I remember seeing signs to Fairbanks down by Talkeetna. If I recall correctly it was like 200 miles or so from there? How's weather by you and how cold is it expected to get?

---

All-time April low could fall in Alaskan city

A historic cold blast settling into Alaska this week will send temperatures plummeting far below zero, which could topple century-old low-temperature records in one city and even a longstanding state record.

The severe cold comes at a time when Alaska normally starts to thaw out from brutal winter weather.

"April is typically the time of year when Alaska is steadily climbing out of the Arctic’s icy grip, with average high temperatures rising 10-20 degrees Fahrenheit from the beginning of the month to the end in places such as Utqiaġvik (formally Barrow), Fairbanks and Anchorage," AccuWeather Meteorologist Renee Duff said.

High temperatures in Anchorage, Alaska, usually start April in the upper 30s, before reaching the lower 50s by the end of the month. Fairbanks rivals this spring warmup average by rising from the mid-30s in early April and ending up near the mid-50s by the last day of the month.

"But that has been far from the truth so far this month, with temperatures running 17 degrees below normal month-to-date in Fairbanks," Duff said.

Rest - https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/all-time-april-low-could-fall-in-alaskan-city/929260

NightTrain
04-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Yeah, it's been a cold spring.

But it's always cold in Fairbanks, let alone Barrow.

Things are still locked in ice, but I'm betting on the 2nd week in May shot to the cabin in the boat.