PDA

View Full Version : Steven Crowder’s Latest Video Has The Internet Going Absolutely Ballistic

jimnyc
04-08-2021, 11:39 AM
For starters, let me say that I don't think this is truly a realistic test. All different neck heights and thicknesses and shoulders.... so I believe how to knee intersects with the neck is different. But it is a decent idea to see what someone would have to endure.

With that said... What Crowder points out in his words, coupled with the knee pressure & the anxiety of being arrested and struggling, may have been different if Floyd wasn't high out of his mind.

---

Steven Crowder’s Latest Video Has The Internet Going Absolutely Ballistic

Political commentator Steven Crowder said Wednesday he would have a producer from his show, “Louder with Crowder,” kneel on his neck “for 9 minutes live.”

Crowder said he would “test the theory” and recreate a May 2020 incident where Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin knelt on George Floyd’s neck for roughly nine minutes.

https://i.imgur.com/YgANuT9.png

“The point is the drugs, the agitation, the actively resisting arrest, the three and a half times lethal dose of fentanyl matters. I don’t expect this to be pleasant, but I think people need to see what it’s like with the closest to controlled conditions that we can recreate as far as body mass, weight, to see what it actually might be like if someone is not in an agitated, significantly overdosed state,” he said in the video.

Crowder was then handcuffed with his hands behind his back and laid on the concrete, where his producer proceeded to put his knee on Crowder’s neck for nine minutes.

The video has garnered nearly 800,000 views and received mixed reactions from both sides of the political spectrum.

https://i.imgur.com/WLoc1uf.png

Former Washington Examiner staffer Siraj Hashmi tweeted a picture that read, “our expectations for you were low but Holy F***.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/07/steven-crowder-video-george-floyd-derek-chauvin/

KitchenKitten99
04-08-2021, 02:02 PM
Chauvin is gonna walk. He's the establishment's patsy. Most here in MN don't believe that this is even a real case because of other factors. Many here believe that this whole thing is a set up, a fake trial and the whole thing was staged from the beginning. Many here fully believe that this was all designed to start more riots and be a catalyst for a repeat of last summer so the states and Feds would have more of an excuse to seize more power using the military.

Keith Ellison KNEW that going for the charges he did and taking away the case from the regular prosecutor would mean that their case cannot be proven to the charges used. They KNOW that while most people will see the evidence and understand it even if they don't agree but there are plenty of Antifa and BLM waiting to cause damage at the first words of "not guilty". But that is all they need.

My husband and I are pushing hard to sell our place and get out of MN ASAP.

jimnyc
04-08-2021, 03:17 PM
Chauvin is gonna walk. He's the establishment's patsy. Most here in MN don't believe that this is even a real case because of other factors. Many here believe that this whole thing is a set up, a fake trial and the whole thing was staged from the beginning. Many here fully believe that this was all designed to start more riots and be a catalyst for a repeat of last summer so the states and Feds would have more of an excuse to seize more power using the military.

Keith Ellison KNEW that going for the charges he did and taking away the case from the regular prosecutor would mean that their case cannot be proven to the charges used. They KNOW that while most people will see the evidence and understand it even if they don't agree but there are plenty of Antifa and BLM waiting to cause damage at the first words of "not guilty". But that is all they need.

My husband and I are pushing hard to sell our place and get out of MN ASAP.

There is no doubt that if this man is found not guilty there will likely be riots not only in Minnesota, but many other places too. I'm thinking it all reignites once again if that happens.

But unless a rigged jury, I'm not so sure about him walking. I think all the powers that maybe, also know exactly that and that a record sized powder keg is waiting to go off. No matter the amount of evidence produced I think the jury & more will likely only see race and kneeling and also under immense pressure to find him guilty. I hope the jury is perfect and all vote based 100% on the evidence and arguments produced. But passions and fear may push them to vote guilty.

I said awhile back that I think I could make a good argument for Chauvin's innocence. But I also think I could just as easily argue that Chauvin clearly broke rules & common sense and killed George Floyd.

You know more than I up there and you have the pulse of the city, so that certainly could change things. I honestly don't know. But I too would be fully prepared in case he is found not guilty.

KitchenKitten99
04-08-2021, 04:21 PM
There is no doubt that if this man is found not guilty there will likely be riots not only in Minnesota, but many other places too. I'm thinking it all reignites once again if that happens.

But unless a rigged jury, I'm not so sure about him walking. I think all the powers that maybe, also know exactly that and that a record sized powder keg is waiting to go off. No matter the amount of evidence produced I think the jury & more will likely only see race and kneeling and also under immense pressure to find him guilty. I hope the jury is perfect and all vote based 100% on the evidence and arguments produced. But passions and fear may push them to vote guilty.

I said awhile back that I think I could make a good argument for Chauvin's innocence. But I also think I could just as easily argue that Chauvin clearly broke rules & common sense and killed George Floyd.

You know more than I up there and you have the pulse of the city, so that certainly could change things. I honestly don't know. But I too would be fully prepared in case he is found not guilty.

The toxicology report from the coroner shows he would have died regardless of what Chauvin did to him however there is a huge rumor going around with credible witnesses and people who knew these two that say the guy in the courtroom is not really Chauvin and Floyd's death was also fake. The court drama you are watching on tv is full-on Hollywood. Unfortunately if you say anything like that on social media, you get spanked with FB Jail for the effort.

This is a Hollywood-designed powder keg to ignite more BS to start an internal civil war and fan the flames to the other blue states where they just let it happen.

What's worse is the governor here is raising taxes on the rest of the state to pay for the BS from LAST summer. He can kiss my ass.

revelarts
04-08-2021, 09:48 PM
For the record

Former Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin’s defense attorney Eric Nelson had his work cut out for him during his cross examination (https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/george-floyd-death/expert-pulmonologist-derek-chauvins-actions-against-george-floyd-were-like-a-surgeon-had-gone-in-and-removed-the-lung/) of the state’s expert pulmonologist Dr. Martin Tobin on Thursday.
Nelson began by suggesting that Tobin’s report only captured a tiny bit of what happened during George Floyd’s fatal arrest last May.
“You’ve taken this case, and you’ve literally boiled it down into a nanosecond?” he asked.
“I wouldn’t say that,” the doctor replied–noting that his report chronicled several minutes beginning at the point Chauvin’s knee hit Floyd’s neck and ending when paramedics attempted to revive him.
That first volley was more or less emblematic of the defense’s overall strategy to push back against the testimony of the Irish-accented Loyola professor and practicing pulmonologist.
Nelson attempted to cast doubt in jurors’ minds about the scientific conclusions reached by Tobin by repeatedly asking the expert witness about constant changes in science.
“All science is constantly changing,” Tobin noted in response.
On redirect, special prosecutor Jerry Blackwell asked if Chauvin’s knee was “constantly changing” positions while on Floyd’s neck.
The doctor said no.
The defense spent substantial effort tending to its overarching theory of the case; that Floyd died due to a fentanyl overdose. This was an all-but necessity for Nelson due to Tobin’s prior testimony.
The Chicago-based doctor previously dismissed the impact that fentanyl might have had (https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/george-floyd-death/authorities-just-released-george-floyds-complete-autopsy-report-read-it-here/) on Floyd as he died last May.
“There isn’t fentanyl on board that is affecting [Floyd’s] respiratory centers,” Tobin previously told the prosecution–right after noting Floyd’s respiratory rate just before his death.
Asked for the “punch line” regarding Floyd’s respiratory rate and the presence of fentanyl in his system, the witness answered decisively.
“You know fentanyl is not causing the depression of his respiration,” the expert pulmonologist said. “What you’re seeing is that the increase in his carbon dioxide that is found in the emergency room is solely explained by what you expect to happen in somebody who doesn’t have any ventilation given to him for 9 minutes and 50 seconds, it’s completely explained by that.”
Nelson sought to poke holes in Tobin’s determination by asking whether fentanyl is generally “a respiratory depressant.”
“It can be,” Tobin replied before explaining that if fentanyl has “any effect” on the respiratory centers that would have to occur through the “neural receptors” of the brain.
“There’s no way around that,” the doctor said. “Fentanyl isn’t going to have an effect on respiration by some other mechanism.”
The upshot of this segment was later clarified during redirect after Nelson asked whether fentanyl can “cause a death as a result of low oxygen.”
“Your answer is yes, but only in part,” Tobin said–again reiterating his prior point.
“Do people go into a coma before they die from fentanyl?” Blackwell asked.
“Yes,” the doctor replied.
“Was Mr. Floyd ever in a coma?” the prosecution pressed.
“No,” Tobin replied.
Law&Crime Network host Brian Buckmire said it wasn’t all bad for the defense (https://twitter.com/BuckEsq/status/1380236992571531265?s=20), however, noting that Nelson made some headway by establishing that Floyd might have ingested fentanyl just minutes before he died–which Tobin was forced to concede.
#GeorgeFloyd (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeorgeFloyd?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) level of fentanyl in his system was closer to those who survived than those who died of fentanyl the doctor on the stand gave that as a final statement on re-direct
— Brian G. Buckmire (@BuckEsq) April 8, 2021 (https://twitter.com/BuckEsq/status/1380263582370299909?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/derek-chauvin-trial/6975007-Chauvin-trial-updates-Police-surgeon-now-on-stand

But hey we all know that for the past 200 plus years the justice system has been rigged/fixed against the police so obviously this is false testimony.

And Crowder will make this clear.
police should always put knees on the neck of everyone who claims they can't breath. the CDC recommends it,
as well as 2 mask.

icansayit
04-08-2021, 11:31 PM
For the record

But hey we all know that for the past 200 plus years the justice system has been rigged/fixed against the police so obviously this is false testimony.

police should always put knees on the neck of everyone who claims they can't breath. the CDC recommends it,
as well as 2 mask.

Spoken like a true BLM fan, and Biden lover who hates the police. Bet you even endorse DEFUNDING the Police, and getting rid of ICE.

darin
04-09-2021, 07:51 AM
I think he'll be convicted because i doubt the jury has the ability to see the basic facts in the case; i think they will be so moved by feelings they will throw out logic, reason and the law. The people who value law though, even when it is ignored, will NOT riot nor make a stink.

jimnyc
04-09-2021, 10:25 AM
For the record

as well as 2 mask.

Like I said, I could make an argument from either side with all the factors being tossed around.

But at the end of the day, the man died for no reason IMO. Now, if he would die eventually from the drugs, then so be it. But once he was subdued, on the ground or even standing - and not actively resisting/fighting - he was in cuffs, with what, 4 total officers? They could have forced him into the car. They could have just held him face down bent over the vehicle. Hell, Chauvin could have just did the same, but knelt on his upper back and someone control the legs at worst case. Instead, while subdued, he chose to press onto his neck, while he stated he couldn't breathe and was showing as much. If his knee pressure was across the carotid artery, then of course his breathing would be cut off or at least somewhat.

In fact, I think I can make a better case that the police, Chauvin especially, was responsible for his death, even if not murder. Look at his leg on his neck the entire time, look at his toes of his boot - off the ground showing that he was applying maximum pressure.

The police are supposed to subdue and arrest people at times, but also deliver aid if necessary once subdued.

I see the fentanyl and other drugs as problematic. Perhaps adding to the breathing issues, or his heart - but would he had died if no pressure on his neck, or if in the back of the car (claustrophobic or not)?