PDA

View Full Version : ‘Dear God, Help Me To Hate White People’

jimnyc
04-10-2021, 02:09 PM
At first I thought this was something that another reader had written inside the book. But no, this is actually a part of the printed book.

Free speech and all that jazz, and I'm not saying she's not entitled to her opinion, write a book about it & have it hawked to any and all companies willing to put it on their shelves. I wish her success.

But I wouldn't pay a single copper penny for it, nor any of her writings as a result.

---

‘Dear God, Help Me To Hate White People’: Target Sells Racist ‘Devotional’

Be careful what you wish for. And be really careful of what racists pray for.

“Dear God, Please help me to hate White people. Or at least to want to hate them” is the anguished supplication offered to the Almighty in an entry of a recently published devotional.

On April 3, a woman picked up this prayer book while she was shopping at Target. The devotional book, titled “A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal” is actually number 1 on Amazon’s Christian Meditation Worship & Devotion section and a New York Times bestseller.

Within its pages, the shopper came across the impassioned “Prayer of a Weary Black Woman” authored by Chanequa Walker-Barnes in which “[a] clinical psychologist, womanist theologian, and ecumenical minister whose work focuses upon healing the legacy of racial and gender oppressions.” In case you were wondering what a “womanist theologian” is, it is a “methodological approach to theology which centers the experience and perspectives of Black women, particularly African-American women.”

And if you were curious as to the pious words of this distinguished theologian, simply put-they are bad. Really bad.

Walker-Barnes began: “Dear God, Please help me to hate White people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist.” Um, that’s racist.

This tortured soul declares all white people as inherently racist and incapable of character development or morality. She specified her need for Divine assistance in a more proper hate for the “nice” White people, mind you, not the “White anarchist allies who have taken up this struggle against racism their whole lives.” Is Walker-Barnes giving a nod to ANTIFA with these words?

Pay heed. She was certainly not referring to the entire white race, but rather a very specific demographic, namely the “Fox News-loving, Trump supporting voters ‘who don’t see color’ but who make thinly veiled racist comments about ‘those people.’ “The people who are happy to have me over for dinner but alert the neighborhood watch anytime an unrecognized person of color passes their house.” According to Walker-Barnes, most White Americans are both irredeemable and existential threats to the black race. No wonder Target is selling this delightful book!

Walker-Barnes elucidated her pesky good-heartedness as she called on the Lord to harden her heart. She unfortunately cannot stop herself from seeing the good in her white peers even though they are dangerous racists by their very nature. “Stop me from being hopeful that White people can do and be better. Let me imagine them instead as white-hooded robes standing front of burning crosses. Let me see them as hopelessly unrepentant, reprobate bigots who have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and who need to be handed over to the evil one.”

Bless her.

https://i.imgur.com/XReiGJD.png

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/veronica-hays/2021/04/09/dear-god-help-me-hate-white-people-target-sells-racist

tailfins
04-11-2021, 10:36 AM
I wonder if the author considers white people to be three-fifths human. I find it odd that people can't tell the difference between knowing about something versus believing something. I actually WANT to know about this stuff. One way to know what to expect from a person is to learn vocabulary specific to different groups. By different groups, I mean Scientologists, Communists, Klansmen, Antifa, radical environmentalists, Black Nationalists, Feminists, MGTOW, Fundamental Christians, Freemasons, radical homosexuals, militant Islamists, etc. Each group has its distinct vocabulary. Each group has it's tactics against their enemies. If know which groups might consider you an enemy, you know how they take adverse action against those enemies AND you know their distinct vocabulary, you can predict what they my attempt to do and be prepared for it. On the flip side, you also know what kind of assistance they provide their friends.

PS: I was just thinking out loud, but what kind of virtue signalling would one do to scam a leftist? Perhaps author a book such as this?