PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with this case (jena 6)

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2007, 08:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_re_us/jena_six_protest

Dilloduck
09-21-2007, 08:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_re_us/jena_six_protest

Jackson and Sharpton need some traction. The rest of their constituency has been taking some heavy hits recently. Anyone else besides me ever actually been to Jena?

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2007, 06:16 AM
ive been visiting my best friend in the world, in a small town in east texas, 1 hour away from the lousiana border, does that count?

Im in hull, texas. Near liberty, and daisetta. 1 hour east of houston.

going home in two days

Jackson and Sharpton need some traction. The rest of their constituency has been taking some heavy hits recently. Anyone else besides me ever actually been to Jena?

gabosaurus
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
If the marches had any effect, it was to assure that the incident will not be swept under the rug. Of course, such a bright spotlight is bound to illuminate areas that neither side wants people to see.

I am pretty sure that the family of the first kid tried did not want people to know of his criminal background. I am sure that the school officials did not want people to know that they tolerated a campus area commonly known as "the hanging tree." Or that the use of racial epithets was tolerated.

My favorite point was made by a very liberal commentator who wanted to know why there was only one protest. In other words, racism is prevalent throughout the Deep South, particularly in small towns. Jena was chosen because it was in the spotlight. It was done for maximum publicity.
Martin Luther King was a civil rights leader. People like Jesse Jackson are more akin to politicians. They got where they can best be seen, not where they can best be of help.

Hugh Lincoln
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
As Martin Luther King, Jr. said that famous day in Washington:

"I have a dream... that one day, young black children will be able to gang up, six against one, and beat a white child unconscious, stomping on his head even after he's lost consciousness. Let freedom ring!"

JackDaniels
09-24-2007, 12:03 AM
As Martin Luther King, Jr. said that famous day in Washington:

"I have a dream... that one day, young black children will be able to gang up, six against one, and beat a white child unconscious, stomping on his head even after he's lost consciousness. Let freedom ring!"

You have just really shown you have no clue what happened.