PDA

View Full Version : Wow, A Computer

Gunny
05-16-2021, 09:22 AM
First time I've actually been on one in a couple of months. That I recall. I wonder should I go bac and correct all those typo's that resulted from my fingers trying to post from my phone? :laugh:

Improvise, adapt and overcome :)

jimnyc
05-16-2021, 09:27 AM
First time I've actually been on one in a couple of months. That I recall. I wonder should I go bac and correct all those typo's that resulted from my fingers trying to post from my phone? :laugh:

Improvise, adapt and overcome :)

I think phones have apps you may be interested in. One is spell correction for dummies and then they have grammar correction for dummies. :coffee:

I know this because I've been using them for years! :laugh2:

Gunny
05-16-2021, 09:38 AM
I think phones have apps you may be interested in. One is spell correction for dummies and then they have grammar correction for dummies. :coffee:

I know this because I've been using them for years! :laugh2:I spell fine. If they had a size correction for dummies with large hands and small phones I might be interested.

Then they'd need one for lazy dummies with big hands and small phones that aren't going to bother with correcting one or two letters. The audience will just have to get over it :)

jimnyc
05-16-2021, 10:23 AM
I spell fine. If they had a size correction for dummies with large hands and small phones I might be interested.

Then they'd need one for lazy dummies with big hands and small phones that aren't going to bother with correcting one or two letters. The audience will just have to get over it :)

Oh, so it's just me. Bummer. :(

I also increased the font size this year. I fought against it with glasses but finally made the leap into old ageism!

icansayit
05-16-2021, 12:57 PM
My favorite was a No.2 TICONDEROGA
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/60/37/ec60379f3a7191e11336dfbc1bfe4e41.jpg

until we were allowed to start using
https://babivisualgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/bic-cristal-ballpoint-pen-office-supplies-pen.jpg

Gunny
05-17-2021, 05:51 PM
My favorite was a No.2 TICONDEROGA
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/60/37/ec60379f3a7191e11336dfbc1bfe4e41.jpg

until we were allowed to start using
https://babivisualgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/bic-cristal-ballpoint-pen-office-supplies-pen.jpg

The Bic stick. 19 cents for the clear one, 29 cents for the orange-yellow, fine print.

What did I get? Skillcraft U.S. Government, blue-black ink. Leaked like my first car.

icansayit
05-17-2021, 05:58 PM
The Bic stick. 19 cents for the clear one, 29 cents for the orange-yellow, fine print.

What did I get? Skillcraft U.S. Government, blue-black ink. Leaked like my first car.

Been a long time since I thought about what we called "Our navy pen". SKILLCRAFT.

Because I was a radioman. I had to take several FBI Lie Detector (Polygraph) Exams to keep my security clearance.
They always warned me how accurate they were when they asked "Have you ever stolen anything". The man giving the test asked me if I ever took a NAVY pen home with me? If I did..."THAT WAS STEALING GOVERNMENT PROPERTY".
So...I had to say..."YES!":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gunny
05-17-2021, 06:04 PM
Been a long time since I thought about what we called "Our navy pen". SKILLCRAFT.

Because I was a radioman. I had to take several FBI Lie Detector (Polygraph) Exams to keep my security clearance.
They always warned me how accurate they were when they asked "Have you ever stolen anything". The man giving the test asked me if I ever took a NAVY pen home with me? If I did..."THAT WAS STEALING GOVERNMENT PROPERTY".
So...I had to say..."YES!":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ditto. NIS pulled the same on me. I grew up on military bases. Course I stole stuff from the Government. :)

Kathianne
05-17-2021, 09:22 PM
I spell fine. If they had a size correction for dummies with large hands and small phones I might be interested.

I have pretty small hands and a phone the size of small tablet. I still stuck at texting. Auto correction seems to make things worse. Yet here I am, on a tablet, which only is a step above the phone. It's too nice to be inside at the desktop. My laptop died. RIP

jimnyc
05-18-2021, 01:40 PM
I once was being interviewed for a position at Bear Stearns back in the late 80's. Being a large financial company they gave me a lie detector test. In there they asked me if I ever stole company property before. Of course I quickly admitted to it and explained the pencil/pen/paper thingy and it worked! He explained later that nearly everyone takes a little something and that liars are easily exposed. I must have been a good liar then as I had taken more than a pencil and pen! I think I slowly built a computer over a slow and long process. Don't worry, I'm already aware of my impending doom. But the way I saw it was that it was only the equivalent of .000076% of the companies total income and worth. On the scale of a pencil for sure.

Anyway, I think it's a rigged question for weeding out the liars the easy way.