PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Hints at 2024 Presidential Run

jimnyc
05-16-2021, 10:49 AM
Not gonna happen.

If Trump does decide to run, no way she comes close. And even if not, Trump would ensure she doesn't win.

Every now and again a battle arises in either party, where someone comes to a crossroads. In question will be their loyalty to the party as a whole, and the other road being their personal beliefs or decision.

We all know what Trump's thoughts were about the results of the election and other actions. Cheney had other thoughts. IMO, she could have perhaps stated better that she disagreed with him, or that she believes he is wrong. Instead she chose to continually talk of his 'big lie', which of course is calling him a liar. He was an 'ongoing threat', 'poisoning' our system, he was 'inciting', he is a 'danger', she regrets voting for him, called for criminal investigations into Trump, she would do everything to keep him from office & of course many things about his supporters in addition.

She could have done this differently, but instead chose to go into attack mode. Her choice, not mine. If me, I would have bitten my tongue and just stood firmly in support of my beliefs and keeping my loyalty to the party and others secure as well. Sometimes in politics one needs to compromise, sometimes that's with the other side of the aisle, sometimes with folks within your own party. :dunno:

---

Cheney Hints at 2024 Presidential Run — Important We Present Conservative Principles to Voters

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that her father, former Vice President Dick Cheney, was advising her to run for president in 2024.

Jon Karl asked, “Jim Jordan talking about a possible Trump 2024 run said, ‘There’s no way he is losing. He’s going to win the Republican primary, and he’s going to be president if he decides to run.’ Now, based on today’s facts, he’s right, isn’t he, about the primary part, at least? I mean, there’s nobody, there’s not even a close second out there, is there?”

Cheney said, “I think Jim’s wrong. It’s not the first time Jim has been wrong, and I’m sure it won’t be the last time, but he is wrong. I think there are millions and millions of Republicans who won’t let that happen again.”

Karl asked, “What will it take for you to run for president?”

Cheney said, “I am right now focused on my re-election in Wyoming.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/16/cheney-hints-at-2024-presidential-run-important-we-present-conservative-principles-to-voters/

icansayit
05-16-2021, 01:11 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/8vkl2.jpghttps://www.liveabout.com/thmb/zWMxWuJBx8BbD8IN_cPLEBuaATw=/536x383/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/cheney-vader-wars-56a7552c3df78cf77294b4fb.jpg

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2015/08/30/28174c56-492e-4be3-a86c-17706bd19a57/thumbnail/1200x630g2/bb0ea6b5be5d2562f42c487f63b61a83/dick-cheney-liz-cheney-sitdown-interview-promo.jpg

fj1200
05-16-2021, 01:14 PM
Somebody needs to be the conservative, err, adult in the room. Unlikely it's her.

tailfins
05-16-2021, 03:14 PM
What ever happened to Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment? : Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican

fj1200
05-16-2021, 03:22 PM
What ever happened to Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment? : Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican

Long gone. Especially in the last 5 years.

icansayit
05-16-2021, 04:30 PM

The RINO's either lost their elections, or became Democrats. Speaking of which. How many of today's RINO's Violated Reagan's 11th Commandment? ANSWER YOUR QUESTION???

SassyLady
05-16-2021, 07:09 PM
It'll be a huge waste of money .. but, OK with me because it'll be RINO money being wasted.

MtnBiker
05-16-2021, 10:16 PM
I’ll give her some credit as a 2024 candidate, she may even have a chance of winning the primary against Biden or Harris.

hjmick
05-17-2021, 02:41 PM
Somebody needs to be the conservative, err, adult in the room. Unlikely it's her.

Well, it sure as hell isn't Trump...

Russ
05-17-2021, 05:19 PM
Karl asked, “What will it take for you to run for president?”

Cheney said, “I am right now focused on my re-election in Wyoming.”

I think that she better focus on her re-election in Wyoming. At this point, even though she's picked up a lot of fans in the media and the Democratic party, she has ticked off a lot of the Wyoming voters. She could easily lose the primary for her re-election to Congress, even if Trump doesn't support the challenger. And I'm pretty sure Trump will support a Republican challenger against her.

Gunny
05-17-2021, 05:59 PM
She'll split the GOP vote. All the Trump haters will fall in line.

icansayit
05-17-2021, 06:02 PM

Until TRUMP let's them down, and decides...He Won't be Running after all!

Russ
05-17-2021, 07:59 PM

I was saying she would lose in the Republican primary to some other Republican. Are you saying that if she lost the Republican primary she would run as an Independent?

Russ
05-17-2021, 08:03 PM
Liz should hope that her opponent is a dead horse, because she certainly knows how to beat a dead horse.

SassyLady
05-18-2021, 12:28 AM
I’ll give her some credit as a 2024 candidate, she may even have a chance of winning the primary against Biden or Harris.

Good one!

Gunny
05-18-2021, 06:24 PM
I was saying she would lose in the Republican primary to some other Republican. Are you saying that if she lost the Republican primary she would run as an Independent?

It would and will be the Trump haters that lose an election with Trump on the ticket. That's splitting the party in my book. Cheney would just be an alternative for them.

I'd vote for Donald Duck against the Dems.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-19-2021, 06:44 AM
It would and will be the Trump haters that lose an election with Trump on the ticket. That's splitting the party in my book. Cheney would just be an alternative for them.

I would vote for PeeWee Herman, DaffyDuck, or Wiley Coyote over any of the ffing dems...--Tyr

tailfins
05-19-2021, 02:21 PM
Back in the day, people would say that Cheney is getting "too big for her britches". I don't share the animus that Trumpers have for Cheney, but it's obvious that she's trying to play one card too many. I guess she can fall back on being a lobbyist for the cattle or oil industry.

jimnyc
05-19-2021, 03:22 PM

I would vote for PeeWee Herman, DaffyDuck, or Wiley Coyote over any of the ffing dems...--Tyr

Damn, you guys picked out all those living things - I think so highly that I would vote for a dead lab rat.

icansayit
05-19-2021, 04:25 PM
There's only one line I feel a need to say to all of them.

You're either WITH US or You'r AGAINST US.

RINO'S play both sides of whatever is most beneficial to their LIFETIME CAREER as more than just a Politician. Why else would most all of them be AGAINST....."TERM LIMITS"?

Russ
05-19-2021, 08:27 PM

There are good things and bad things about Trump, but any objective person would have to admit that Trump accomplished some truly remarkable things during his time as President, even despite constant attacks from the media and the Democrats.

That being said, I think it is best if he does not run in 2024. Best if he picks someone to support instead of running again himself.