PDA

View Full Version : Input/Opinion Needed

Cheyenne
09-22-2007, 10:05 AM
When you go to a particular kind of bridal/art show or craft fair,

What kind of booth are you drawn to?
What makes you want to find out more info or purchase from this vendor/artist? Is there anything that makes you not want to buy from a person?

Mr. P
09-22-2007, 10:14 AM

What makes you want to find out more info or purchase from this vendor/artist? Is there anything that makes you not want to buy from a person?

Price and Attitude. If the vendor is an ass, doesn't have time to interact, gives the 'I could care less if you buy' attitude he/she will never see my money regardless of what they are selling.

Trinity
09-22-2007, 10:40 AM

You know visuals are a biggie too.......... it is usually pretty obvious when a vendor has taken great care to display their merchandise and set it up in a way that is appealing to the eye. Obviously that vendor cares enough about their merchandise to take the time to make it appealing versus a vendor who just lays everything out and doesn't really care how it is displayed.

manu1959
09-22-2007, 10:46 AM
half naked sexy models................

Mr. P
09-22-2007, 10:52 AM
half naked sexy models................

The coiled tampoon string ruins it for me.

Trinity
09-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Thats what I'm talking about visuals.................. obviously the photographer did not care enough about his work to look for flaws in the photo. Photo shop would have so taken care of that!:coffee:

Cheyenne
09-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Price and Attitude. If the vendor is an ass, doesn't have time to interact, gives the 'I could care less if you buy' attitude he/she will never see my money regardless of what they are selling.What if the person is just artsy-fartsy; is a great artist but just lacks people skills?

Cheyenne
09-22-2007, 11:22 AM
You know visuals are a biggie too.......... it is usually pretty obvious when a vendor has taken great care to display their merchandise and set it up in a way that is appealing to the eye. Obviously that vendor cares enough about their merchandise to take the time to make it appealing versus a vendor who just lays everything out and doesn't really care how it is displayed.Suppose lack of funds keeps a vendor from being visually stimulating rather than "just laying everything out"? Is there something else that can be done?

manu1959
09-22-2007, 11:23 AM

it is a "quick release".....:laugh2:

manu1959
09-22-2007, 11:26 AM
What if the person is just artsy-fartsy; is a great artist but just lacks people skills?

friend of mine had a booth......she wasn't too friendly but tallented.....had a freind that loved to sell....sell for her and her both was nothing special it just was organized uncluttered and presented real clean.....

oh one other thing....she would "work on her craft" in the booth while her friend chatted up people....

Abbey Marie
09-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I stay away from vendors who call out to me to come see their wares. A hard sell is a turn off for me.

Aside from that, it's a function of the items themselves rather than how they are displayed. I will always look at antiques, prints, and Christmas ornaments, for example, even if the display is poorly done.

I don't go to bridal shows. :dunno:

Mr. P
09-22-2007, 11:44 AM
What if the person is just artsy-fartsy; is a great artist but just lacks people skills?

Then a middle-man, like Manu shows in post #10.

manu1959
09-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Then a middle-woman, like Manu shows in post #4.

seems you had some typos...fixed it for ya....:poke:

Trinity
09-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Suppose lack of funds keeps a vendor from being visually stimulating rather than "just laying everything out"? Is there something else that can be done?

You don't need to spend money to be visually stimulating. You can accomplish that by just setting up your merchandise in a appealing way. For instance I have no idea what type of merchandise it is but you can start by putting complimentary colors together or anything that might go with or compliment the other.

Trinity
09-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Suppose lack of funds keeps a vendor from being visually stimulating rather than "just laying everything out"? Is there something else that can be done?

Are you planning on setting up as a vendor somewhere? If so can you give me more info. on what your items are. I might be able to help.

JohnDoe
09-23-2007, 10:52 AM
friend of mine had a booth......she wasn't too friendly but tallented.....had a freind that loved to sell....sell for her and her both was nothing special it just was organized uncluttered and presented real clean.....

oh one other thing....she would "work on her craft" in the booth while her friend chatted up people....

I have to spread some rep around so I'll catch ya later on this....

Excellent ideas, and Cheyenne...pay attention to his suggestions!

Find yourself a salesman, someone who believes in you, and appreciates your creativity, talent and product...to be in the booth with you... a friend, for free, in this stages of your career, would be the best way to go, with such little capital.... But if you do have to pay someone, perhaps you could work a deal, like a cut in the profits?

Second, Manu's idea about you working in the booth, Showing the stages of what you go through to make your product, the care and creativity that you consider or put in to your product that caters to your customer, in a unique manner, would be an eyecatcher to me.

Especially since, getting married and preparing for a wedding is such a stressful time and so many things can go wrong. Knowing that you seem to take special care in creating your product, and take pride in what you create, would be a relief to me, as a possible customer.

In fact, maybe something like that should be in your logo, or motto, or marketing strategy....Your uniqueness and your ability to work one on one with your customers to cater to their needs and give them personal Peace of Mind should be exploited somehow.... giving reason to deal with someone smaller, over and above the BIG Guns out there that could make a mistake with the customer's order just due to the fact of their size and customer base....

Customers always love seeing how something is made.... when I worked, we used to have a master craftsman come in on special occaisions to show customers how a Shoe is made in one of our shoe departments.... and even that... drew crowds of people to the shoe dept he was at....and their shoe business for the day would near double their normal day of business.

jd

JohnDoe
09-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Cheyenne...Did you mention what you make and want to sell?

Here is a little more Advice.

YOu must identify who is your target customer. You don't want to waste your precious time....time is money.

Is this customer, buyers from department stores or is it individual customers?
(The approach will be different thus your marketing and display booth may be set up differently too.)

The more you can narrow down who you want to sell to the better, and the less time and money wasted.

This also will help you keep focused on your goal....not go outside of it for a bit, so you don't spread yourself so thin.

As an Example: If your product is hand beaded purses, that are unique, and costly to make, then don't waste your time focusing on having a booth that attracts someone with offprice sale signs.... she is not your customer.

so, to conclude this section, Identify your customer, focus product for this customer, don't waste your time and money on others.....you don't have time and money to spare at this time.

Finding a focus and identifying who you will be selling to, should narrow down how you set up your booth.... and is a key component in having a successful start up business.

jd

Cheyenne
09-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Cheyenne...Did you mention what you make and want to sell?As a matter of fact, I didn't.
I'm trying to sell myself.

jackass
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM
As a matter of fact, I didn't.
I'm trying to sell myself.

I was going to offer some input...but I dont think my ideas are the kind you are looking for ;)

:laugh2:

Cheyenne
09-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I was going to offer some input...but I dont think my ideas are the kind you are looking for ;)

:laugh2:Seven million people out of work & you're going to be a comedian?

jackass
09-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Seven million people out of work & you're going to be a comedian?

Hey...if more people were as funny as I THINK I am...then we would have alot more working comedians. :dance:

JohnDoe
09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
As a matter of fact, I didn't.
I'm trying to sell myself.and who are you trying to sell yourself to at a bridal fair?

the bride's husband?:laugh2:

are you a wedding planner?

what is it about you that is worth selling, worth paying for cheyenne? find out what that is, and you got your booth set up figured out, all on your own!!!

jd