PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XLI - Wet 'n Wild!

CockySOB
02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
*halftime*

I gotta admit, I'm impressed. The Indianapolis' defense has shown up in big style. But ya gotta hand it to Devin Hester and his record-setting kickoff return. That guy is some kind of special.

IND-16, CHI-14

*back to the action*

Mr. P
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
This Manning guy is one of the best I've ever seen.

And the Colts are kickin ass..IMO.

CockySOB
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
This Manning guy is one of the best I've ever seen.

And the Colts are kickin ass..IMO.

Naw, it's just that the Bears offense stayed home tonight. The Bears defense has been busting a hump to keep the Colts at this low score.

5stringJeff
02-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Did Rex Grossman miss the plane trip?

CockySOB
02-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Did Rex Grossman miss the plane trip?

Da Bums would have probably done better if he had....

darin
02-04-2007, 11:01 PM
You mean Wrecks Grossman?

Rex can't 'make' his defense get off the field on 3rd down. :(

All that rain?? Bodes well for a Seahawks Stadium SuperBowl bid, eh? :D

jimnyc
02-05-2007, 10:12 AM
You mean Wrecks Grossman?

Rex can't 'make' his defense get off the field on 3rd down. :(

All that rain?? Bodes well for a Seahawks Stadium SuperBowl bid, eh? :D

I must admit, when they had 2nd and 1 and he slipped an fell once, then fumbled the snap on the next play to make it 4th and 23 - I was literally laughing my ass off. He is a sub-par QB by NFL standards and I'm sure many in Chicago are calling for his head right about now. It looked like he had the "deer in the headlights" look all night long. Peyton on the other hand looked smooth, even when Chicago came out so strong with the TD return by Hester and Peyton's INT.

jackass
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Ok...how many think that this is just the beginning for the Colts? Anyone else think that they could be the next great dynasty?

Insein
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I think they might win one again in 3 or 4 years. Its too hard to repeat nowadays. The Pats were an exception. I think the last 2 years have shown the new trend. I think we'll see another few years of a newcomer getting the title before another dynasty emerges.

darin
02-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok...how many think that this is just the beginning for the Colts? Anyone else think that they could be the next great dynasty?

Not I. They reminded me a bit of the Packers when they won the SB w/ Holmgren. Solid - but there was just something missing..

darin
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Thinking about this - ya know? There are TWO excellent things about the SB XLI:

1) We don't have to hear 'defending sb champions' when people talk about the Steelers.

2) We aren't sitting around bitching about the Umpire/Refs. The offciating crew let the PLAYERS decide who won.

jackass
02-05-2007, 03:29 PM
I think they have an excellent shot to repeat. If the defense continues to play the way it did next year...they really have a good shot.

CockySOB
02-05-2007, 06:00 PM

No. My bet is that the Colts lose a chunk of talent to free agency over the next two years.

The Bears on the other hand have a chance IF Rex can harness the sour taste of screwing the pooch, he could be an excellent QB next year. He's got the arm and just needs to mature under the ball to be a good QB. Of course if he doesn't go anywhere next year, he'll be headed to the second string in a hurry. And I don't see too many Bears up for free agency in this off-season, so they should be intact for next year.

CockySOB
02-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Thinking about this - ya know? There are TWO excellent things about the SB XLI:

1) We don't have to hear 'defending sb champions' when people talk about the Steelers.

2) We aren't sitting around bitching about the Umpire/Refs. The offciating crew let the PLAYERS decide who won.

That's the big thing. I get really, really pissed when all we hear about is how the refs did this or the refs did that. SuperBowl XLI was clearly decided by the players.

manu1959
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
heard a good one today..........

do ya think they will trade grossman?

only if he lives....................