PDA

View Full Version : Awakening

Kathianne
06-03-2021, 03:52 AM
It may just be that folks even Democrats, especially Independents, are recognizing that while Biden isn't Trump, whomever is running the agenda isn't doing what was promised.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yes-its-still-the-economy-stupid-11622670377

With Trump the conundrum was the reality that he kept promises and did more, though obviously most were through executive orders which only last as long as the office holder.

Whichever party figures out to use those policies and have a likeable person talking them up, will hold onto power for years.

Gunny
06-04-2021, 08:58 PM
It may just be that folks even Democrats, especially Independents, are recognizing that while Biden isn't Trump, whomever is running the agenda isn't doing what was promised.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yes-its-still-the-economy-stupid-11622670377

With Trump the conundrum was the reality that he kept promises and did more, though obviously most were through executive orders which only last as long as the office holder.

Whichever party figures out to use those policies and have a likeable person talking them up, will hold onto power for years.

Upon further review, I'll take the asshole that knows what he's doing over the kissass that doesn't. Marine Corps officers work out just fine like that.

Kathianne
06-04-2021, 09:54 PM
Upon further review, I'll take the asshole that knows what he's doing over the kissass that doesn't. Marine Corps officers work out just fine like that.
Be that as it may, he lost. Hope someone comes along.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2021, 07:17 AM
Be that as it may, he lost. Hope someone comes along.

Reality is that he lost.
How he lost is another matter entirely, imho.
One that may someday be revealed to be what it truly was......
I say this, I feel sorry for anybody that truly believes that a corrupt idiot hiding in his basement got more votes that the massively praised demigod obama did!
Or that the old fool got more votes than any other president ever... Simply does not compute for me.
It may for others, very sad tho' that it does, imho ..--Tyr

excuse the edit' --

got to say this for the record -

The dems --always----- cheat.....--Tyr

Kathianne
06-05-2021, 09:56 AM
Reality is that he lost.
How he lost is another matter entirely, imho.
One that may someday be revealed to be what it truly was......
I say this, I feel sorry for anybody that truly believes that a corrupt idiot hiding in his basement got more votes that the massively praised demigod obama did!
Or that the old fool got more votes than any other president ever... Simply does not compute for me.
It may for others, very sad tho' that it does, imho ..--Tyr

excuse the edit' --

got to say this for the record -

The dems --always----- cheat.....--Tyr

Be that as it may, the challenge is to elect those who enact policies that benefit the country and leaders who provide stability to keep said policies.

Gunny
06-06-2021, 07:04 PM
Be that as it may, he lost. Hope someone comes along.Not so simple, nor is everyone going to get what they want. On the right, that means holding out against the GOP and allowing the criminal cabal to occupy the White House. That's how the right rolls. No concept of teamwork to win. Even the dumbass Democrats have that figured out.

You know as well as I do, there isn't going to be "another". Trump was one of a kind. A wild card, Washington outsider. "Another" will just piss off the same people and have the same drama. Putting a GOP, Washington bureaucrat in office (of the MSM's choosing) is just maintaining the status quo. It might buy 4 years but stop nothing.

On the other hand, if you're talking Gov Abbott running, he's got MY vote. He's a thousand times more a nightmare for the Dems than Trump :)

Kathianne
06-07-2021, 12:22 AM
Not so simple, nor is everyone going to get what they want. On the right, that means holding out against the GOP and allowing the criminal cabal to occupy the White House. That's how the right rolls. No concept of teamwork to win. Even the dumbass Democrats have that figured out.

You know as well as I do, there isn't going to be "another". Trump was one of a kind. A wild card, Washington outsider. "Another" will just piss off the same people and have the same drama. Putting a GOP, Washington bureaucrat in office (of the MSM's choosing) is just maintaining the status quo. It might buy 4 years but stop nothing.

On the other hand, if you're talking Gov Abbott running, he's got MY vote. He's a thousand times more a nightmare for the Dems than Trump :)
I certainly don't want another Trump, tyvm. Don't want the original either, like a bad groundhog day.

The policies though, yeah. I don't care if what label is used, but putting America's interests first, yes. Lowering taxes and spending and government reach, yeah.

Best of all, cutting federal sharply and getting states, counties, and municipalities to do what they are supposed to do.

Kathianne
06-07-2021, 03:57 AM
I could do worse than agreeing with James Baker:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/focus-on-principle-not-personality-for-a-bright-gop-future-11623007610

Gunny
06-07-2021, 09:05 PM
I certainly don't want another Trump, tyvm. Don't want the original either, like a bad groundhog day.

The policies though, yeah. I don't care if what label is used, but putting America's interests first, yes. Lowering taxes and spending and government reach, yeah.

Best of all, cutting federal sharply and getting states, counties, and municipalities to do what they are supposed to do.

Ther lis the problem. Lots of people on the right want Trump's policies without Trump. Doesn't work like that. Who Trump is made his picies work. It would take him or someone like him to do it again.

No establishment politician is going to rock.the boat like Trump did. Most would cower in fear in a dark corner at the thought. So long as most on the right are of the same mindset, there's nothing that will beat the Dem mafia. The side that has to give in at least until the mutual enemy is ousted is the side still playing by their rules. It's losing hand.

Kathianne
06-07-2021, 10:45 PM
Ther lis the problem. Lots of people on the right want Trump's policies without Trump. Doesn't work like that. Who Trump is made his picies work. It would take him or someone like him to do it again.

No establishment politician is going to rock.the boat like Trump did. Most would cower in fear in a dark corner at the thought. So long as most on the right are of the same mindset, there's nothing that will beat the Dem mafia. The side that has to give in at least until the mutual enemy is ousted is the side still playing by their rules. It's losing hand.
We disagree. Biden is already proving why policies matter. I take a bit of comfort in TX results the other day, though not the only examples.

One thing though, if and when someone does the right things, the fools will replace them. I do think character matters; or at least enough awareness of history to attempt to put on a cloak of character.

SassyLady
06-09-2021, 01:52 AM
I am putting my money on DeSantis.

jimnyc
06-09-2021, 03:40 PM
I am putting my money on DeSantis.

He's got my vote of he runs. I hear about him non-stop with my Dad living down there and almost all good!